Stargate Atlantis killed- life goes on in the Universe.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Deno, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yesterday SCI FI announced the demis of Atlantis. and then

Stargate Universe will take over the reins of the franchise sometime next summer, says the network. The idea was initially pitched last year, but was forced to take a backseat due to other Stargate projects as well as complications from the writers' strike.
    The series will be in good hands; Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, the duo that created and produced both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on Universe.
    In a statement, the pair said, "In Universe, we plan to keep those elements that have made the franchise a success, such as adventure and humor, while breaking new ground in the relationships between mostly young and desperate explorers, thrust together and far from home. Above all, we believe the Stargate itself remains an enduring icon with infinite potential as a jumping off point for telling stories."
    Universe will debut with a two-hour television event before heading to a weekly series, and will see a group of explorers board an abandoned, Ancients-built starship called The Destiny. Of course things won't go smoothly, and the crew soon finds itself essentially trapped onboard The Destiny and heading to strange worlds.
    Previous intel on Universe said that the show will deal with the ninth chevron, and that the cast will be new, with a possibility that a familiar face may show up.
    Phew! Stargate lives on!

There is an after life, at least for Stargate.

2. fxc1100

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    pretty old news....

check out stargateworlds.com

3. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I love Stargate. Both the SG-1 and Atlantis. Good to see there'll be another season.

4. edonline

Gold Member

I'm going to miss seeing Joe Flanigan on a regular basis though.

5. mgmnguy

mgmnguy Member

I agree. It took a while for the show to hit its stride. Hopefully it will continue via movies. Still can't hold a candle to the original SG-1 though. The original cast had a great on screen relationship that hasn't been replicated since (even with the addition of Browder - though he did do a good job)

6. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    SCI FI just announced officially on friday or saturday, then the next day announced officially the Universe. The Universe had been scrubbed as a posibility for some time. Not to mention the 2 hour movie. The date on the web site was sept 20,2008. I know of stargate world, as if.

#6 Deno, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  7. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I agree 446, the original SG-1 is still the best

8. Conelover

Conelover New Member

I'm suffering from Joe Flanigan abstinence :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted