Starinvestor got himself banned.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
All righty, let's not make this a 'let's trash' thread. That would be both unnecessary and redundant. I'd just like to know the back story; someone has it.

Word is it's temporary which is just as well. The politics forum would be one big bore if it were filled with just 'us', let's face it. Oh, god, now I'll be in the crosshairs.

Anyway, what sent him over the edge? And how'd he do it?
I'm thinking this curiosity is a little unseemly. My apologies.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I noticed that this morning. Also saw two other people banned in the last 24 hours after only making their first posts, which were not bannable. Wonder what's going on?

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think I've ever agreed with any of his posts in the Politics forum. But I did find his posts gave me an insight into the american conservative mindset. He seemed nice enough in the other forums.

But I do wonder why now and not earlier. He seemed to be mellowing a little lately.

Edit: Ah, it's temporary. Perhaps he will enlighten us when he returns.

Last edited:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I can think of a few political commentators on this site - from both sides of the aisle - that frequently post inflammatory, baiting, burn-your-bridges, over-the-top rhetoric (& one lives in SoCal & is a self-described bisexual in his username, but I will not name names! I'm above that!), however, I have found starinvestor, on the whole, to be generally fair and measured... who at least tries to back up his more outrageous claims with facts & links (even if they are from ultra-conservative hacky sources like Townhall.com)

I think the starman brings a lively wit and a... a snap. crack, & pop!....& some passion to the mix.

My 2 cents.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Star should not have been banned IMO.

What did he do wrong?

Surely it cannot just be for his opinions, just because some folks here disagree with him?

He is not *THAT* conservative. He is a republican, but he is not member of the religious right. he fights his corner and stands up for his point of view, even though he knows he will be attacked by those who find his view less popular. Frankly, he does not do anything with anymore or less passion than those on the left who constantly oppose his view.

He is obviously not a social conservative...he simply holds conservative economic views, is concerned how fiscal policy affects him and his family and friends etc. and tends to hold conservative views on foreign policy.

He clearly is completely liberal and tolerant on social issues...he has no problems with gays, doesn't scream about being Pro-Life, or Pro-God or shriek about you taking his gun from his cold dead hands... and is posting on a site dedicated to penises. He never tries to censor the opposing view to his.

So why was he banned?

I do not think that is fair if he is being censored for strongly defending his viewpoint as a Republican. Last i checked, being a moderate republican was not a bad thing, no matter what is said by many on the far lefyt...being a moderate or liberal republican is virtually the exact same thing as being a conservative democrat.

There is little to no difference, except in terms of affiliation. Frankly, the far left and far right both worry me far more than a Conservative Democrat or a Liberal Republican.

Of course if this was not the reason he was banned, then i'll just go ahead and shut up. :smile:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Nick8:
Careful now, young will. No need to draw fire. And how is it you haven't even broken 500 posts yet?

--------------------

As Karl Marx noted, quantity changes quality.

So, I'm only going to post relevant, meaningful posts from now on.

Meaning: no more supermarket games... no guessing the poster above mine's "drag name"..... no posting on threads speculating about the football player's "bulge" during the Super Bowl.... no more gym lockerroom threads - or giving a blowjob to the sleeping straight dude threads..... no more aimlessly posting on NJQT's latest Texas Death Row Inmate Pulls Out Eye, Eats It -type thread.......

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

What did he do wrong?

Surely it cannot just be for his opinions, just because some folks here disagree with him?

He is not *THAT* conservative. He is a republican, but he is not member of the religious right. he fights his corner and stands up for his point of view, even though he knows he will be attacked by those who find his view less popular. Frankly, he does not do anything with anymore or less passion than those on the left who constantly oppose his view.

He is obviously not a social conservative...he simply holds conservative economic views, is concerned how fiscal policy affects him and his family and friends etc. and tends to hold conservative views on foreign policy.

He clearly is completely liberal and tolerant on social issues...he has no problems with gays, doesn't scream about being Pro-Life, or Pro-God or shriek about you taking his gun from his cold dead hands... and is posting on a site dedicated to penises. He never tries to censor the opposing view to his.

So why was he banned?

I do not think that is fair if he is being censored for strongly defending his viewpoint as a Republican. Last i checked, being a moderate republican was not a bad thing, no matter what is said by many on the far lefyt...being a moderate or liberal republican is virtually the exact same thing as being a conservative democrat.

There is little to no difference, except in terms of affiliation. Frankly, the far left and far right both worry me far more than a Conservative Democrat or a Liberal Republican.

Of course if this was not the reason he was banned, then i'll just go ahead and shut up. :smile:
You can be quiet now...:rolleyes:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Poor Star........Infestor.
Dunno.....the reason either.
I always punked him out in Public and on the forum.
A week off from LPSG Politicizin' might drive him over the edge i fear. It's his entire life!
I Will be closely monitoring Kentucky for a crazed gun-man on a Democrat/LIBTARD shooting rampage.
Don't worry Star......I'll still be here for you when you come back{and you know you will} even though you hate me and think i'm a psycho.

PYM:wink:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I highly highly doubt it was because of his opinion. Probably just choice of words. Perhaps (and I'd hope) it was something he was warned before on.

Would be kinda good to know why, so as a reminder for the rest of us of what crosses the "gray area" (grey area for Spoiled Princess). There are a few actions / terminology that can result in a swift banning. Just curious... hope it wasn't some crybaby influencing the mods. That'd be kinda weak.

How do you know? What was the occurrence over, Flashster?

What did he do wrong?

He is not *THAT* conservative. He is a republican, but he is not member of the religious right. he fights his corner and stands up for his point of view, even though he knows he will be attacked by those who find his view less popular. Frankly, he does not

he was banned, then i'll just go ahead and shut up. :smile:

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes it is a temp ban, that I can and will confirm.

As for the other two people mentioned above... what exactly is the point of even mentioning them, if you aren't going to give details of at least who you are talking about? Its a little unfair to insinuate that something is going on, without giving the information required to respond.

Kotchanski, sorry if I came across as insinuating anything. I only mentioned it because I happen to notice the two new posters were apparently immediately banned after making harmless posts. I assume they were found to be underage or something. I don't remember who they are though. Just found their posts reading a bunch of threads.

My apologies. I think the Mods do a great job.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I'll glady trade having Starinvestor BACK, on his worst day......If........we can get rid of the Dude Will-tom alluded to and some other guy called 56402 {did i get that backwards?:rolleyes:}, ON THERE BEST DAYS.
Sacrafices sometimes gotta get made.
And i'm slashin' prices baby!:biggrin1:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Uh huh Flashy.

Specifics need I guess, though I thought bi_n_social's comments are more "flamer" than StarInvestor's were.

I butted heads with SI over meaning. With bi_n_unsocialable, you have direct racist comments, and hints at many others, most of it all phrased in rhetorical form, so there's no grasp of a rebuttal.

When 1BiGG1 was on the board, I thought he was drifting into obsessive compulsive sociopathic behavior. Maybe he excused himself know it. Dunno. He can answer if he reads this. Might be interesting as to why.

And "Star" was banned for exactly?