Starinvestor got himself banned.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are you, Faceking, 230498234129847, bi_in_socal and Flashy all going on vacation or something?

I'm picturing a fleet of helicopters in Alaska with five grown men shooting deer from them. :biggrin1:

I am not a conservative, nor do i appreciate the categorization that i am and i do not hunt and kill wild animals either. NOr do i support drilling in ANWAR. I am a passionate environemntalist, support a full government health care system, support gay marriage, am pro-choice, pro-legalization of marijuana and a host of other liberal issues.

Just because i choose not to associate with the far left on the issue of taxation and estate taxation, as well as certain aspects of foreign policy does not make me a conservative, thank you very much.

I do not agree with the majority of the opinions of bi-in-socal and 23405. But Star is not a right winger, and there is a difference. He is a republican, not a right wing christian coalition republican.

and i am neither.

I am an independent and a liberal-libertarian.

Kindly do not lump me in to the easy categories that the far left and the far right enjoy categorizing each other as.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of our very esteemed members of the mod board is well known as being a Republican. I can assure you that we haven't and we won't ban people because they are Republicans.

It is Rob_E, the owner, who has the policy that we don't give out information about why a member was temp banned or permanent banned. Not all the moderators agree with this. Nevertheless, it is a policy set by the owner. So I doubt it will change.

I understand the curiosity just gets to us. We want to know. Do consider that when you speculate here that some will read it and remember the reasons you have speculated and some speculations will not be true, but the speculations remembered by some who read what you were quizzing about will be the speculations that aren't true.

The person who was temp banned may or may not be pleased that you speculated about the ban. Some will be thrilled to get the attention. Some will not be pleased. Just consider that when you speculate about temp bans.

All the above is just to think about. It isn't some big document from the sky revealing required behavior here, just Freddie's observations.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

fair enough...but please note i did say "IF" he was banned for those views...and then stated at the bottom if i had it wrong i would just shut up :smile::wink:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
face, what the hell are you blathering about now??

Are you drinking again? I'm reading pretty carefully and you are making no sense whatsoever.

Yes... I was blathering. Actually had a drink after posting. Nevermind me on that.... just a local rant.

Eh... now I know star's banning was pretty questionable, given the posts I've seen from him and others attacking individuals that warranted much better cause. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can think of a few political commentators on this site - from both sides of the aisle - that frequently post inflammatory, baiting, burn-your-bridges, over-the-top rhetoric (& one lives in SoCal & is a self-described bisexual in his username, but I will not name names! I'm above that!), however, I have found starinvestor, on the whole, to be generally fair and measured... who at least tries to back up his more outrageous claims with facts & links (even if they are from ultra-conservative hacky sources like Townhall.com)

I think the starman brings a lively wit and a... a snap. crack, & pop!....& some passion to the mix.

My 2 cents.

What's with the veiled attack? If you want to accuse someone of something, if you want to critique their perspective and positions, then be a man and just come right out and say it.

Dancing around it just seems so... chicken.

Fair and measured?
Isn't that a variation on FOX's motto?

Do you guys EVER think for yourselves?

Its funny how from the ass end of the far right wing things seem so fair and measured.

Republicans are like the pimples on the right buttock of Rush Limbaugh's ass;
...festering carbuncles come to a head, squirting out a puss of lies, hyperbole and horseshit under the mind crushing weight of Limbaugh's relentless lard.

But that doesn't mean I don't like Star. He gives a good tussle...
But then, I am not one to shrink from a good verbal joust.

Besides, I have empathy for the conservatives...
Its not easy to have everything you held to be true yanked out from under you by the force of reality. To have all your most cherished ideas so utterly and completely proven to be wrong.

Now, at long last we know... folks who think government is the problem are incompetent to govern.
Now, at long last, the conservatives can go back to the thing they do best... mindless inane opposition.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^now, imagine the exact same post put on LPSG after a major republican victory, with conservative and liberal examples reversed. I'm thinking the result would be universal catcalling and instant isolation. That's a perfect example of the hateful idiotic speech you berate the right for.

The fact is, Phil, you just showed how the left's rhetoric is no more free of such inane pathos-based ramblings. The majority of readership here just chooses not to see it. And we call that bias. So bear that in mind when conservatives cry bias. Hold that post up to a candle. It wasn't anything other than an inciteful rant to people who already agree with you.

Last edited:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I can think of a few political commentators on this site - from both sides of the aisle - that frequently post inflammatory, baiting, burn-your-bridges, over-the-top rhetoric (& one lives in SoCal & is a self-described bisexual in his username, but I will not name names!
What's with the veiled attack? If you want to accuse someone of something, if you want to critique their perspective and positions, then be a man and just come right out and say it.

Dancing around it just seems so... chicken.

Come on, Phil. He was just joking. He gave everything but his DOB and SSN.

I agree with Will that bi_in_socal is inflammatory. He's disruptive, and probably the worst troll on this site.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Phil & rec:

Thanks, rec, for defending -- I never thought for a second someone could mistake my post for a "veiled attack".

In fact, bi_in_socal himself realizes he's being inflammatory. It's sort of an in-joke by now. In fact, that's his thing. He likes to envision himself as a sort of Ann Coulter of LPSG,... part "provocateur", part attention-whore. That's why so many of his posts are IN CAP LETTERS with excessive exclamation points (!!!!!!) and other attention-getting devices. If he were in your living room he'd scream directly in your face and throttle your throat (btw, I see bi_in_socal is also banned).

Phil, I'm a lib. -- In fact, I'm, a big lib.

That said, the political forum on LPSG, if it is to remain vital and interesting and healthy and provocative needs lucid & wry conservative voices like starinvestor's. Conscientious dissent from the democratic agenda. We need libertarians and alternative points of view.

Otherwise all us libs are just debating in a vaccuum. - Like being in one of those large upscale department store fitting rooms which is enclosed in mirrors. Where all you can see is your own reflection from 8 different angles.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can think of a few political commentators on this site - from both sides of the aisle - that frequently post inflammatory, baiting, burn-your-bridges, over-the-top rhetoric (& one lives in SoCal & is a self-described bisexual in his username, but I will not name names! I'm above that!) <snip>

He's listed as banned too, now.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dang!

this place looks really dismal without his postings

I disagree.

Starinvestor seemed OK, even likable, on the rare occasion that he stepped away from discussing social issues, however, when I consider that the majority of his posts were shit stirring, inflammatory bullshit, I then think “who gives a fuck if he was banned or not”.

His loss, albeit temporary, is, imo, nothing to mourn, as his presence lacks real significance. To be clear, I am not stating that Starinvestor is not worthy of posting, that I do not enjoy some of his posts, or that he does not have a right to his opinion.

What I am stating, is if we are to take note of a loss of meaningful presence on this forum, it is, again, imo, a feeling we should reserve for the disappearances of DC Deep (after being banned for, I assume, troll-bashing), Snoozan (in response to DC's undeserved banning), Bbucko, and others that have ceased posting on this site in the last few years. (basing part of this observation on what I have read in older threads)

Some may disagree about their benefit to the current forum, but posters that have little, or nothing, significant to offer (so cal...) have flourished in the void the aforementioned posters left. Sorry, I cannot give equal weight to all posters (admittedly, I suck, too), but some, especially the OGs, are more valuable to the balance of a forum and, without them, there is a creeping domination of mindlessness.

Come on, Phil. He was just joking. He gave everything but his DOB and SSN.

I agree with Will that bi_in_socal is inflammatory. He's disruptive, and probably the worst troll on this site.

Interesting post coming from a known stalker like you.

Go away, Scruffuss.

I'm not Scrufuss but I have been known to execute some great westling moves like a Spladle.

Tell this to Scrufuss over at the pig pen where you badmouth this place, sow.

Go eat a frog or some other woman's husband.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Oh, I'm sorry - go away, Stronzo.

Edit: sorry - I retract that - it is Scruffuss. I just readhis post history. He's just borrowing the username format from the 'asshole'.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Tell that to him over at the pig pen where you badmouth this place, sow.

Go eat a frog or some other woman's husband.

I read there occasionally & Ive never seen her badmouth this place there. Well, no more than she badmouths it here, anyways! :tongue:

Ive never seen her eat a frog or a husband either. :eek: