Starinvestor's Vow of Silence

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just a few moments ago, in the "68%" thread here in the Politics sub-forum, starinvestor made a shocking disclosure. In the course of objecting to Obama's high approval rating as being premature, starinvestor stated:

A more suitable description of his first 5 days would be 'satisfactory.'

Scripting a few executive orders and providing some PR lip service does not a good president make.

Give it 100 days before an accurate characterization can be made of his performance.

Give it a hundred days, indeed, baby! We certainly wouldn't expect starinvestor to have to make any innaccurate characterizations [snort], so it's crystal clear that this means a vow of silence for the next 90-odd days.

I for one am truly grateful for this act of selfless beneficience.

Yippee!!!!! :cool:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will take the middle ground here...I'm saying let's give the new president a chance to show us what he can do. Let's give star a chance to see what he can do.I'll believe both when I see it!

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, in reality, it is still a little too soon to make an accurate judgment of what is to come. He's been in office for 5 days, how could anyone possibly fuck up or perform a miracle in 5 days? 100 days is the common point at which we usually get a general feel for an administration. As of now I approve of most of what he's done, but then again we're only on day 5...

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think Obama is having any honeymoon, he is facing more problems than most any other new president in my lifetime. I think Bush played golf his first year until that pesky little 9/11 issue.

Yeah, no honeymoon here. He's been thrown into shit we haven't even heard about yet... watch...

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Give it a hundred days, indeed, baby! We certainly wouldn't expect starinvestor to have to make any innaccurate characterizations [snort], so it's crystal clear that this means a vow of silence for the next 90-odd days.

I for one am truly grateful for this act of selfless beneficence.

Maybe we need to have a bet of how long he can hold out?

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think Obama is having any honeymoon, he is facing more problems than most any other new president in my lifetime. I think Bush played golf his first year until that pesky little 9/11 issue.

after that pesky 9/11 thing, Bush watched movies at night in the white house theater to relax. I know somebody who's a friend of a guy who used to hang with one of the twins. It freaked him out that W was down there watching movies with them, leaving the whole business of dealing with the aftermath to his "team." This guy eventually got so unnerved by how bizarre it was that he stopped going over for movies altogether. Hard to imagine Obama sitting around watching movies while somebody else figures out how to deal with a crisis.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't take your quote to mean a vow of silence on Star Investors part.

You probably can all stop celebrating now.:frown1:

D

deleted15807

yeah let obama enjoy his honeymoon period in the white house

Oh the Bush Junta made sure there would be no honeymoon. He set the world on fire then gave Obama the keys and headed for Dallas.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What's that? I won't be able to hear crickets chirp and birds warble sweetly as Walden Pond goes without starinvestor during Obama's first 100 days? The frogs, beavers, and woodland creatures will, like me, be very very sad if the silence is broken. But wait! If you remain very quiet you can still hear the waning call of the loons. At least I think they are loons. Calloo callay!

Last edited:

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"after that pesky 9/11 thing, Bush watched movies at night in the white house theater to relax. I know somebody who's a friend of a guy who used to hang with one of the twins. It freaked him out that W was down there watching movies with them, leaving the whole business of dealing with the aftermath to his "team." This guy eventually got so unnerved by how bizarre it was that he stopped going over for movies altogether. Hard to imagine Obama sitting around watching movies while somebody else figures out how to deal with a crisis."...............................have you been reading PageoneQ again?..lol

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a few moments ago, in the "68%" thread here in the Politics sub-forum, starinvestor made a shocking disclosure. In the course of objecting to Obama's high approval rating as being premature, starinvestor stated:

I for one am truly grateful for this act of selfless beneficience.

Wishful thinking, ST. Making an assessment of Obama in terms of complete analysis is impossible for at least a few months. However, pointing out good decisions, or the more likely - monumentally poor decisions - is perfectly acceptable along the way.