Stars that were open about their sexuality, but others that never did at all..

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by elegant20, Oct 12, 2008.

1. elegant20

Gold Member

Those that were opened about their sexuality until death and those that never did until their death. We are talking about those that are either dead or still alive. Either way, let's discuss.

Who were opened about their sexuality:

Charles Nelson Reily(had a partner he stayed with till his death)
    James Coco

Others that never were opened about their sexuality at all until their death:

Paul Lynde(rumored to have a gay partner....wasn't he involved with an incident that could have ruined his career back in the mid-60s? Something about drinking and such with a young actor.)
    Roddy McDowall

2. LoneWolf10

LoneWolf10 New Member

Most movie stars are straight and they are very open about it!

Obviously, you are interested in gay stars.

Roddy McDowall's gayness was a well-known Hollywood "secret".
    Ditto for Raymond Burr and his lover Robert Benevides
    Ditto for Cary Grant and Randolph Scott
    Ditto for Laurence Olivier and Danny Kaye
    Ditto for George Takei and Brad Altman
    Ditto for James Whale and David Lewis
    Ditto for Jack Larson and Jim Bridges
    Ditto for many others.

Here's a good link: http://www.buddybuddy.com/famous.html

Basically Hollywood was and is a small community. It's like a sophisticated hick town, where everybody knows about their colleagues' private lives. Everybody in Hollywood knew Rick Nelson was very well endowed. Eddie Fisher's ex-wife Zsa Zsa Gabor said, "Oh, dahlink, we all knew Eddie was hung like a horse."

Even today, most celebrities who are gay are in the closet. Being openly gay either destroys their careers or severely limits it. And it's not just sexuality. The fraudulent Scientology racket has harmed the careers of Tom Cruise and John Travolta. Hollywood is about bullshit fantasies. We want our movie stars to be gorgeous, glamorous, entertaining, larger than life, exciting--but normal! No gayness or other eccentricities.

#2 LoneWolf10, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  3. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Wasn't Paul Lynde the guy who made the quip about how people who didn't know he was gay must have lived under a rock?

Don't make me google...

4. elegant20

Gold Member

I suppose you are right. My history about these two is a little fuzzy, but I suppose you are right.

5. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    My former friend told me it was common knowledge in Hollywood that Sherman Hemsley "George Jefferson" and Tim Reid "WKRP in Cinncinnati" were lovers...anyone else hear this?

Tim was just on TV talking about his kids, but didn't mention a wife...

6. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't know why the thought of those two hooking up is so hilarious to me...

7. D_Tintagel_Demondong

(source)

8. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Mmm... I just love lads who post links!!!
    :yumyum:

9. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Hahhahaha, I know, me too...if you watch both of them now - they're such fags! LOL Someone in another thread said that Isabel Sanford said something like, "Sherman and his Boyfriend are doing just fine" or something like that in an interview when asked how he was doing.

10. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You know I heard that George & Weezy actually hated each other in real life...makes watching those old episodes interesting...:smile:

11. elegant20

Gold Member

I always detected some hate between those two...

12. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I believe that...they were probably going after the same guys! :biggrin1:

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I remember seeing him in the old :Boom Boom Room" in Laguna Beach a long time ago, he was the poster child of people who should not drink!:eek:

14. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd often wondered about Coco.

When was Fisher married to any Gabor?

Tim Reid had at least 2 marriages and was still with the 2nd the last I'd heard Daphne Maxwell Reid then again it may be a cover to help their acting careers.

15. BigD_2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agree with the latter. Coupled with humanity's natural inclination to put people on pedestals and then rip them down, we see why star's "eccentricities" become such "news" - whether it's Charlie Sheen being crazy, or Winona Ryder being a kelpto, or Rosie O'Donnell being gay. At the end of the day, Hollywood stars are people with issues, just like everyone else, and they go through good periods and bad periods, just like everyone else.

As a homo I have to disagree about the "buddybuddy" list. The list includes people who we all know are gay, those who are suspected based on some reasonable evidence, those who are suspected based on crap for evidence, and those that are just speculation. A list like this is the kind of list that makes people think gays are over-reaching as part of the "gay agenda" (what a funny phrase), trying to claim all sorts of historical figures as "ours" when they may or may not have been. Abraham Lincoln's letters are interesting, for example, but it should also be noted that both Lincoln and Speed both later married and had kids. I know, Rock Hudson and Elton John have been married too, so being married doesn't prove anything...

I just dislike lists which say: "here's a list of all the famous homos!" when some without question were, and some there is a lot of debate about.

It's nice to note that we've evolved to a time where some, like Neil Patrick Harris or George Takei, can come out and live life fully as a gay man which was not possible in the past. But just because people "can" do that shouldn't mean they "have to" - people may choose to be intensely private like Raymond Burr, who we found out after he died was certainly gay but chose not to make a big deal of it.

And at the end of the day, it *doesn't* make any difference. Is Perry Mason a different character, or are the historical actions of Abraham Lincoln any different, or does my experience listening to Aaron Copland's music change, because I know the people behind these things may have at one time had sex with a dude?

No.

16. phcube23

phcube23 New Member

Rick Nelson definitely has a huge dick. You can see it clearly outlined in lots of his photos. Roddy mcDowell and Tab Hunter had something going on at one point. I have some downloads of two guys making out which look very much like Roddy and Tab. I've always held the fantasy that it's those two anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted