Start All Over?

leoboy63: What the hell?!?! This is getting ridiculous- we have to regiester and start EVERY topic over again? :mad: How many times do we have to go through this? Looks like the same exact board to me.

mindseye: Leoboy --

Sorry you feel put out here. Would you like your money back? :)

Seriously -- although I'm helping out with the technical/coding side of things, Mark's paying for the cost of the site. We're trying to find a happy balance between (1) cheap (2) fast and (3) no pop-ups.

If you'd like to help out, I can give you Mark's e-mail address.

Heath

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I hate pop-ups. :mad: The first thing script kiddies seem to always learn is how to make pop-ups, even before they learn the <html> tag. LOL And then when you leave their wretched hive of scum and villainy, there's one for the road. LOL

Oh, might I suggest http://nomorepopups.net for anyone else who hates pop-ups? Unfortunately, us third-party users can't use ExitKiller.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Raal, don't use the marquee. It causes seizures in some users, and puts 4 out of 5 users in a mental infinite loop, much like a small animal in front of oncoming headlights.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
M-U-S-T

F-O-L-L-O-W

T-H-E

M-A-R-Q-U-E-E...

Easy to hypnotize? Not me! Somebody snap your fingers and get me out of this......

Pecker

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Raal, don't use the marquee. It causes seizures in some users, and puts 4 out of 5 users in a mental infinite loop, much like a small animal in front of oncoming headlights.

JONB, LOOOOL !!!
(Well, wasn't I told I'm a hypnotiser ?... :p)

Ralexx (Hypnos' brother)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I just posted a long rant about various HTML problems in the Administrative Issues forum; some of them, such as tables, animations, brushscripts, and marquees have YaBB equivalents.

Oh, I forgot to add, a lot of these flaws are hidden. Microsoft Word has a "save as webpage" feature, but then, when you save it as a webpage, it uses their incompatible "smart quotes" character set (with such useful characters as the em dash, curly quotes, and the y with an umlaut) and the font tags misnest, thus

Doesn't this look stupid?

comes out

Doesn't this look stupid?

because Microsoft's markup language uses different tags for typeface, size, and color, while HTML uses just the <font> tag with face, size, and color as attributes.

I mean, I wouldn't mind Microsoft's bumbling incompatibility, if they didn't put it on the Web.

Late_Bloomer: That said,

[move]( }IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII( )( )[/move]

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;D

gigantikok: Yea, learning how to do that scrolling thingie would be neat...

awellhungboi: If you look on the YABB tags (above the smilies), you'll see buttons:

B: bold

I: italic

u: underline

s: strikethrough

g: [glow=red,2,300]glow[/glow]

d [shadow=red,left,300]shadow[/shadow]

and m
[move]the dreaded marquee[/move]

Use your new found powers wisely, grasshopper.

gigantikok: [glow=red,2,300]Neat![/glow]

[move]I learned[/move]

[shadow=red,left,300]something[/shadow]

NEW!

:D

TragicWhiteKnight: You want catch me doing that new-fangled...
[move]Hey, where's my sentence going? Come back here! [/move]

I prefered LPSG when it was just a set of lewd cave-drawings in mammoth's blood.
[and even then you had teenagers claiming to be 14 inches. Before we knew what inches were]