started working out

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by happy2be, Aug 22, 2009.

1. happy2be

happy2be New Member

Albums:
    So im 18, 185cm (heigh :p ) and I weigh around 80kg. its nothing to be very ashamed of but it is not something i am pleased with either. im actually so self-conscious of my body now, that i dont like wearing even a t-shirt at school without a sweater (hoodie?) on. I would for example never go to the beach with a lot of people there my age, usually most people my age are fairly active and therefore quite fit and that makes me feel very lousy.

several times i've tried to start working out but i guess for lack of motivation and energy i've given up around 1 week later.

but this time I feel it might work, i' ve been at it for around 3 weeks now and it feels really good and i can definately sense improvement.

I started jogging a round in the woods where i live (a sort of ...communal ....road that several people use)

first time i could not do 1 round without pausing to catch my breathe, and now, just 3 weeks later, i can do 4-5 rounds without pausing at all :D now it's more a problem of keeping the speed up, now its the muscles that are the limiting factor and not the lack of air.

I've also started doing som exercises (crunches? and lifting some weights).

I'm trying to do this every day, that is the ideal amount, but if the weather is bad or I have a lot of work to do i skip it so its more likely around 5 times a week.

Hopefully this will all contribute to my metabolism and musclemass, but i've yet to sense any loss of fat, so i was wondering: how important is diet when it comes to losing that excess puppyfat :( ?

I eat quite normal, such as fish, potatoes, meat, veggies and pasta, with the usual weekend "cozy meal". in order to lose weight, do i have to be just as strict with my diet as i am with my increase in exercise, or should jogging 1h a day + some different strength-exercises be enough?

Hopefully someone can give me some tips and maybe u ahve some experiences yourself? if u consider yourself to have a normal body-build and metabolism, and have managed to lose weight, please enlighten me on how u did it!

thanks

2. hardbodystud101

hardbodystud101 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hey I have had some experience . Yes your diet is very important but it has to be set up for what you want to do. If you are trying to lose weight you might want to move to 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. Stay away from pop(soda/carbs) and too much red meat not necessarily good if you are trying to lean down. Don't starve yourself because you need the food to feed your metabolism. You have to figure out what you want to do first. Loose the weight or add muscle. I would get down to your desired weight with a balance of diet and weights with some cardio mixed in. Switch up your routine every 6- 8 weeks so your muscle groups dont get in a rut. The more muscle you build the faster and more reliable the metabolism. Good to trick them up every 6-8 weeks. Might be a good investment to see a trainer at a local gym and let them set you up.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted