Starting a family when you are 18-20yr old?

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Remember that cultural norms have shifted. It used to be that you were an adult at 18, probably even more like 16. Now it's assumed that you'll be an adult in name only and continue to play around and be on your parents' car insurance until somewhere around 25. It isn't that it's impossible to be mature enough and prepared for an adult life at 18, it's that societal values change and getting out of mom's house and into your own life is no longer the priority. That has positive and negative results.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Totally a matter of preference, if you are smart and safe. However, biologically speaking, our bodies are designed to copulate and pro create as eary teens... so we have the power and strength to take care of the children.

CowboyJosh

Sexy Member
Media
I got my HS girlfriend pregnant when we were both 16, I now have a 16 year old son and my wife is pregnant again, with our 8th child; were both 32. For the first few years life was a challenge. After HS I went to junior college as did she, I worked like crazy hours, kept in shape because I also rode the semi-pro rodeo circuit. Even with 7 kids we obviously still have a healthy sex life. We love raising our boys and we figured we wanted 1 more before my oldest is 18 in the event he decides to start a family at a young age. I didn't to make him a older brother again while he is making me a grandparent.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
is it a waste of youth? too me it is. I want to know your opinion, especially of those who have raised a family at a young age.

BIIIIIGGGGGG mistake. If you can avoid it, do so. We all know the vast majority of marriages at that age end in disaster. If we were a different culture--say, a "primitive" one where teens were expected AND SOCIETALLY SUPPORTED to have kids at that age--it'd be a different matter.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I got my HS girlfriend pregnant when we were both 16, I now have a 16 year old son and my wife is pregnant again, with our 8th child; were both 32. For the first few years life was a challenge. After HS I went to junior college as did she, I worked like crazy hours, kept in shape because I also rode the semi-pro rodeo circuit. Even with 7 kids we obviously still have a healthy sex life. We love raising our boys and we figured we wanted 1 more before my oldest is 18 in the event he decides to start a family at a young age. I didn't to make him a older brother again while he is making me a grandparent.
I am sorry but I don't care how much you love your kids, but having 8 children is socially and environmentally absurd. You should have your dick cut off for not knowing better

Solvejg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had my first child just after my 21st birthday and my second when i was 22. I discovered when i was 19 that i had fertility issues. I am now mid 20's and i cant have any more kids. Did i do the wrong thing to have 2 disabled kids young? Hell no. I am now a single parent and found dating difficult to factor in until i met my current man because i have sole custody with no family support but if i didnt have kids while i still could have, i would have regreted it for the rest of my life.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Solvejg, thanks for sharing your experience with this choice being right for you. There are definite reasons why this choice was good for you and many more for other people why it might not be the right time for them. You were able to foresee an unknown amount of time it might have taken to get pregnant at all and you started as early as possible so you could call yourself a mother one day.

I got married at 18 and we started working on trying to get pregnant about 6 months in. But honestly, it took many more months than that to finally have a viable pregnancy and child. We had her at a young age 22 and 24. But we don't regret it one bit. It might have taken me 10 years to get pregnant with all I had going wrong in my body. I am glad I am a Mom forever now because of it.

But there are so many guys and gals who are reading this thread who shouldn't be feeling an overwhelming desire to stop what they are doing and the goals they are trying to reach just to have those feelings too. If nothing major is in your way as far as having children later.....then wait.