Starting gym this summer

D

deleted1190861

Id start with cardio and 2 muscle groups each workout. Read up on form. There are plenty of tips and routines online. Be sure youre eating well. Take before pix so you can see progress.

Reactions: Gj816

312tinu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You’re expecting results in 2 months after what sounds like having never attended at gym in a regular basis? Those are unrealistic expectations..just as an FYI. Results would be minimal at best most likely.

First and foremost, it’s ALL about diet. Get that in check if it not. There are a million beginner workouts on YouTube and Instagram. Do a little research. You’ll be fine. Good luck!!

Reactions: ilash
D

deleted893538

After 2 months is always when I drop out too. You need to work a healthy routine into your daily schedule, and focus on strength gains (I can pull up now) rather than beach body picture poses.

I was thinking of doing the same, but I need a good beginners regiment and routine to start with. I know my diet is the issue, for sure, so that’ll be the toughest to curb. Any tips would be great! Thanks!

Reactions: deleted893538

ryans138

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I could go on for days about this. Let's try to narrow it down.

What are your goals?
What kind of shape are you in now in relation to them?
What have you been doing, if anything, to attain them?
Do you have any athletic/sports experience?
Do you have any past or current injuries?

ilash

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been doing sports all my life... Taekwondo, yoga... I don't have any important goals... maybe, get bigger back and shoulders 'cause my body fat goes always to the sides of my body and I'd like to balance the shape a little.

I think I will focus on cardio to reduce the fat (also with a good diet that I have to look for) and work the upper part of the back this first months.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I started Feb 9, 2017. Had never been to a gym in my life. I didn't really know what I was going to do when I got on there. I had joined the gym in Sept 2015. Mainly only did cardio.

Then I quit going. I had never lifted weights. I went from 160 to 202-205 lbs.I finally decided that I had to get a hold on my body. I started on line with men's health.com.

I started out doing burpees. I could barely get my fat ass on the floor. The first time out I managed to do a whooping total of 3 burpees. I worked my way up to 10. Then I started doing burpees the first thing when I got to the gym 10. At the end of my workout, which was spotty at best. I'd do more burpees. Working my way up to 10 on the second round. Took me a couple of weeks to reach the first 10.

I stated working out with weights. I watched the other guys in the gym and learned and adapted some of their workout routines. Before I knew it I had lost 20 lbs. Then I hit a plateau, and didn't lose anymore weight for months.

I finally got serious about losing weight and building muscle. I started eating healthier, grilling or baking the lean meats I eat. Started eating a salad with my lean meat. Cut out the sweets. Quit drinking soda. Increased my water intake and now I'm down to 172 lbs. I change up my cardio and I try to do at least 30 mins of cardio every day.

Just get in there and if you've never worked out with weights you'll see gains a lot faster than guys who do it all the time. When you hit the plateau's, just keeping working through them. It takes dedication and determination. And don't forget to take progress pics of yourself. Good luck buddy.

I started Feb 9, 2017. Had never been to a gym in my life. I didn't really know what I was going to do when I got on there. I had joined the gym in Sept 2015. Mainly only did cardio.

Then I quit going. I had never lifted weights. I went from 160 to 202-205 lbs.I finally decided that I had to get a hold on my body. I started on line with men's health.com.

I started out doing burpees. I could barely get my fat ass on the floor. The first time out I managed to do a whooping total of 3 burpees. I worked my way up to 10. Then I started doing burpees the first thing when I got to the gym 10. At the end of my workout, which was spotty at best. I'd do more burpees. Working my way up to 10 on the second round. Took me a couple of weeks to reach the first 10.

I stated working out with weights. I watched the other guys in the gym and learned and adapted some of their workout routines. Before I knew it I had lost 20 lbs. Then I hit a plateau, and didn't lose anymore weight for months.

I finally got serious about losing weight and building muscle. I started eating healthier, grilling or baking the lean meats I eat. Started eating a salad with my lean meat. Cut out the sweets. Quit drinking soda. Increased my water intake and now I'm down to 172 lbs. I change up my cardio and I try to do at least 30 mins of cardio every day.

Just get in there and if you've never worked out with weights you'll see gains a lot faster than guys who do it all the time. When you hit the plateau's, just keeping working through them. It takes dedication and determination. And don't forget to take progress pics of yourself. Good luck buddy.

Thanks mate.. you’re inspirational!

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
One thing you have going for you if you have never worked out in the past is that you can make your fastest gains during the first three months of working out because your muscles respond to growth faster perhaps due to them being overloaded for the first time. After that it can slow down as it takes a lot more effort to provide the same overload effect.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks mate.. you’re inspirational!

Thanks buddy. I started a new workout routine Monday. It's called five wks to washboard abs. It's a five wk program that you do every other day. The first day was pretty intense. I have never done most all of the exercises. I'm pumped up and exited about it. I do it on Mon Wed and Fri. Do a full body exercise Tue Thur and hopefully Sat. Really got a serious workout this morning my muscles are aching, do I know I must've been doing a pretty good workout not including the 30 min of cardio I did. Hope to see some good results. I'll be posting progress pics along the way.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The best fitness program for you is the one you enjoy doing the most and will do most days. That might be a gym routine but could also be running, swimming, cycling, climbing, rowing, yoga, dance, court sports, etc. or a combination thereof.

Point is don't be afraid of abandoning the gym as your primary if you prefer some other form of exercise. I do weights but most of my fitness happens away from a gym swimming or cycling.

Reactions: ryans138