State of the Union

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Biological weapons are still spread by vectors. They don't majiklee appear, and the only thing you can't reduce your risk of with simple prevention practices -- and do these constantly -- is vertical transmission, which can only be reduced by certain medicines.

1) Don't keep an outdoor swimming pool or outside buckets. It's a breeding ground for mosquitos.
2) AIDS drill is still in effect: Don't have sex with strange people or inject recreational drugs.
3) Don't kiss strange people.
4) No water fountains, or sharing food or drink.
5) Bathe regularly. This keeps dermal infections off.

Chemical weapons are similar. They aren't spread by vectors, but the simplest remedy is fresh air, or, if you're stupid enough to eat chemical weapons, water. It's called Avogadro's number. If you get them on your skin, wash, blot, or scrape them.

jamesgame

Just Browsing
Media
I didn't watch it but I read the part of "Privatizing" Social Security. The fucken congress spent all the money(Not meaning that its broke) from SS to help fund this war, the only reason they want to Privatize SS is so congress can "Loan" money that "You" invested and will never see another dime of your money ever again (Like the $9 Billion missing from the Iraq War as well as the $100 Billion)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It's the new Republican mantra: Deficits don't matter. And politically speaking, it's true; you can't win any election anywhere from president down to dog catcher on fiscal responsibility. But economically, the risks are quite major, akin to failing to pay the mob.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jamesgame@Feb 4 2005, 06:55 PM
I didn't watch it but I read the part of "Privatizing" Social Security. The fucken congress spent all the money(Not meaning that its broke) from SS to help fund this war, the only reason they want to Privatize SS is so congress can "Loan" money that "You" invested and will never see another dime of your money ever again (Like the $9 Billion missing from the Iraq War as well as the $100 Billion)
[post=280252]Quoted post[/post]​

The administration isn't using Social Security trust fund money to pay for the war. It's just borrowing it. Think of it as a deferred tax increase.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by aloofman+Feb 5 2005, 10:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aloofman &#064; Feb 5 2005, 10:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jamesgame@Feb 4 2005, 06:55 PM
I didn&#39;t watch it but I read the part of "Privatizing" Social Security. The fucken congress spent all the money(Not meaning that its broke) from SS to help fund this war, the only reason they want to Privatize SS is so congress can "Loan" money that "You" invested and will never see another dime of your money ever again (Like the &#036;9 Billion missing from the Iraq War as well as the &#036;100 Billion)
[post=280252]Quoted post[/post]​

The administration isn&#39;t using Social Security trust fund money to pay for the war. It&#39;s just borrowing it. Think of it as a deferred tax increase.
[post=280433]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, borrowing it, with no precise plan of how to pay it back. That makes me feel better. :wacko:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Welcome to the world of supply-side economics. The appeal of supply-side is the element of infinite wealth. Unfortunately, this inability to manage debt is going to lead to economic armageddon.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Feb 4 2005, 12:47 PM
Sweet Freddie, you wouldn&#39;t be a whole person without your alter ego, we love you for all of it.

Besides, he&#39;s never been successful at anything else, it must be very reassuring to have finally found his niche- killing and bamboozling for profit and fun. Grr.

Evil Jana joins evil Freddie in fuming rant.....
[post=280092]Quoted post[/post]​
Evil Jana can join evil Freddie as he stands at the grave of a most beloved former student. I wonder how much his life was worth? How much money did the oil barons make off his death? Damn, I would have taken up a collection to save his life. But don&#39;t worry about boredom. Evil Jana and evil Freddie have many graves to viist and mourn. And the number will grow and grow. How many tears will we have to shed. How much oil profits must be made before the dying can be stopped?

The angels in heaven are weeping.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Feb 5 2005, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the world of supply-side economics. The appeal of supply-side is the element of infinite wealth. Unfortunately, this inability to manage debt is going to lead to economic armageddon.
[post=280446]Quoted post[/post]​
The infintie wealth is over. The Chinese and Japenese are buying our bonds now. They will soon own this country. Economic armageddon is not far off.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Freddie53+Feb 6 2005, 03:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Freddie53 &#064; Feb 6 2005, 03:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Feb 5 2005, 05:59 PM
The infintie wealth is over. The Chinese and Japenese are buying our bonds now. They will soon own this country. Economic armageddon is not far off.
[post=280527]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yay&#33; There are some people who can read the news&#33;

Of course, bush won&#39;t care who owns us, he&#39;s made his money so he&#39;ll do fine nomatter what- it&#39;s the rest of us schmucks who are working class, have kids, and care about the future of our nation that have to worry. I doubt we&#39;ll be having discussions about Spanish being introduced as a second language.....

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora+Feb 6 2005, 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Feb 6 2005, 09:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Freddie53@Feb 6 2005, 03:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Feb 5 2005, 05:59 PM

Yay&#33; There are some people who can read the news&#33;

Of course, bush won&#39;t care who owns us, he&#39;s made his money so he&#39;ll do fine nomatter what- it&#39;s the rest of us schmucks who are working class, have kids, and care about the future of our nation that have to worry. I doubt we&#39;ll be having discussions about Spanish being introduced as a second language.....
[post=280584]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve quoted MZ&#39;s message as a starting point ( please forgive me MZ&#33;) .

There was a message about President Clinton and then the 2000 election. I just wanted to add an outsider&#39;s perspective to that, but I cannot find the message. The message I wanted to give a reply to is quite recent, but I can&#39;t find it.

I&#39;d like to mention that I&#39;m Australian, and that during the 2000 election I was living in India, so that I am not directly involved in US politcs, apart from being a citizen of the world.

Using what I have said above can anyone direct me to the relevant topic?

Thanks in advance,

zzorus

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Zzorus, I&#39;d be glad to help, but could you perhaps recall a few more details, like do you remember who posted it, or the general tone of the thread?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Freddie53@Feb 5 2005, 07:07 PM
That was what I was saying. It&#39;s total fiscal irresponsibility, and it&#39;s a very American behavior. Goes back to those Puritans who had everything necessary for a colony -- except farming implements.

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Feb 7 2005, 09:26 AM
Zzorus, I&#39;d be glad to help, but could you perhaps recall a few more details, like do you remember who posted it, or the general tone of the thread?
[post=280661]Quoted post[/post]​

Madame _zora,

Thanks , and my apologies for being vague.
I &#39;ve done a second search, but I just cannot find it. It was recent, and I thought I may have had someting extra to add to the thread. So I will look again now, and if I cannot find the original , I might just post here.

It&#39;s nothing profound, but I just thought a few of you might find an outsider&#39;s perspective interesting.

zzorus

ChiGuy123

Experimental Member
Media
Can i play devils advocate for a second??? This is just for the sake of conversation.....dont everyone pounce on me and end my life....

:flame suit on:

I DO admire this administration for doing something. I feel like if a democrat was in power, it would have been a lot of talking, but not a lot of doing, and i still think we would be no closer to finding Osama Bin Laden. The Clinton Administration chose to ignore Al Qaeida numerous times....from the first WTC bombings to the US Embassy bombing in Kenya....and nothing was really done about it, and BAM, we got hit hard on Sept. 11.

Going into Iraq was clearly not thought out as well as it could have been, but Sadaam has used chemical weapons on his people before GW&#39;s time, but he supposedly got rid of them all...but Hussein could offer no proof of it. If we could have done it over again, we should have not gone into Iraq at all, or gone in SOONER in order to find WMDs before they were bought or shipped out to other countries.

I personally think privatizing social security is a good idea...i like the idea that i have control over MY money...its not just lumped in huge pot with everyone elses. If only our younger generation didnt have to pay for the huge numer of baby boomers that are about to retire we wouldnt have this problem.....

:flame suit off:

OK&#33; Let the discussion continue&#33;

gecko0: I am going to agree. I probably will not be favored much after this but i do believe my thoughts count. We have an issue in the wrld as it is reaching its carrying capacity. The carrying capacity of the earth according to geologists is around 7 billion. Tight now we are around 4 billion i believe, not sure we might be more. Anyway with that many people you start to have a lot of controversy due to the amount of differing opinions. We are going to see things happen in our lifetime due to the earth naturally correcting itself, in order to sustain life. We have tried to avoid the four horseman (plague, famine, death, and war) for some time through technology, but you cannot hide forever. Now staying with the population issue and technology our demographics pyramid has flipped upside down in America. The baby boomers are about to retire and get there social security and there are less teenagers nowdays then what were born then. Meaning there will not be a whole lot of money for those people. So the problem is starting to occur it would not happen to many years from now if we did nothing. Personally, i think the Social security plan is smart because it is based off a a free market concept. One reason we have the strongest economy in the world is because we have a free market and the government plays a little role. Our leader today is one that believes in free enterprise. Now, war in iraq. It was going to happen sooner or later. Sadaam did not respond when asked if he had weapons of mass destruction. So we called his hand and if he was bluffing tough. We were at the greatest risk if he did. Now granted we are losing people because of the media and people becoming soft believin innocent lives should not be lost. In doing this we are losing american lives. Which are innocent lives. Sacrifices must be made for the greater good. We must protect ourselves at all costs. Treaties and freedom are paid for in blood. History shows us this. When people try to create a utopia it does not work it only makes things worse. Because my idea of a utopia may be different from yours. Our country has made it 400 years and at the rate it is going due to constantly changing from old principles and values we will not make it. Like sails on sail boats you must only be flexible enough not to tip over, but strong enough to move forward. Rome was one of the most brutal countries in all of history and it lasted 800 years, which is a hell of a lot better than we are doing. One thing we can trust from our current leader is that we know where he stands and never waivers. Which is the signs of a strong leader. When a leader makes a mistake he does not abandon it, he works on it until he makes it right. Now that is what i have to say on these issues. I know most will not like it because it is semi right wing so to speak. I do not feel i am strongly to the right.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ChiGuy123@Feb 17 2005, 06:01 AM
The Clinton Administration chose to ignore Al Qaeida numerous times....from the first WTC bombings to the US Embassy bombing in Kenya....and nothing was really done about it, and BAM, we got hit hard on Sept. 11.

Going into Iraq was clearly not thought out as well as it could have been, but Sadaam has used chemical weapons on his people before GW&#39;s time,
[post=283841]Quoted post[/post]​
Dude..

Where were you during the 1990&#39;s? Oh yea, that was the decade when you were into inhalant powders and not reading the newpapers or watching the evening news. Get your ass to the bookstore or the library and pick up a history of those go-go years and you will read about the Clinton administration&#39;s trying to kill the big O with cruise missiles and bombing O&#39;s factories in Sudan to hopefully cut off the flow of money and reduce his ability to produce chemical/biological products.

Should more have been done? Undoubtedly. However, remember the major focus of the last few years of the Clinton administration was handling the impeachment [or as the French would say "Much Ado about a Blow Job"]. This was distraction was okay according to the Gingrich who said that we lived in a world that was unique, one that was free of foreign dangers. This was some years after the 1993 of the World Trade Center. Republican leadership assured America that Clinton was seeking to turn their attention from the impeachment to an invalid foreign threat.

One of the stories of the past week is the conviction of the Blind Shiek&#39;s lawyer for passing information to his followers. Yea, the Sheik is still in prison.

I agree that Dubya gets failing marks for not listening to credible technical sources about the evidence of WMDs and for inept [think crimminally] execution of the war.

About Social Security, as much as 40 percent of the annual payout from Social Security is for disability and child survivor benefits. So it is not all for old people...or for your retirement years.

jay

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jay_too+Feb 17 2005, 03:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay_too &#064; Feb 17 2005, 03:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ChiGuy123@Feb 17 2005, 06:01 AM
The Clinton Administration chose to ignore Al Qaeida numerous times....from the first WTC bombings to the US Embassy bombing in Kenya....and nothing was really done about it, and BAM, we got hit hard on Sept. 11.

Going into Iraq was clearly not thought out as well as it could have been, but Sadaam has used chemical weapons on his people before GW&#39;s time,
[post=283841]Quoted post[/post]​
Dude..

Where were you during the 1990&#39;s? Oh yea, that was the decade when you were into inhalant powders and not reading the newpapers or watching the evening news. Get your ass to the bookstore or the library and pick up a history of those go-go years and you will read about the Clinton administration&#39;s trying to kill the big O with cruise missiles and bombing O&#39;s factories in Sudan to hopefully cut off the flow of money and reduce his ability to produce chemical/biological products.

Should more have been done? Undoubtedly. However, remember the major focus of the last few years of the Clinton administration was handling the impeachment [or as the French would say "Much Ado about a Blow Job"]. This was distraction was okay according to the Gingrich who said that we lived in a world that was unique, one that was free of foreign dangers. This was some years after the 1993 of the World Trade Center. Republican leadership assured America that Clinton was seeking to turn their attention from the impeachment to an invalid foreign threat.

One of the stories of the past week is the conviction of the Blind Shiek&#39;s lawyer for passing information to his followers. Yea, the Sheik is still in prison.

I agree that Dubya gets failing marks for not listening to credible technical sources about the evidence of WMDs and for inept [think crimminally] execution of the war.

About Social Security, as much as 40 percent of the annual payout from Social Security is for disability and child survivor benefits. So it is not all for old people...or for your retirement years.

jay
[post=283936]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Bravo&#33; It&#39;s all well and good to have opinions, but uninformed opinions simply dissipate into the ether. Saying Clinton did nothng is ludicrous, right-wing stupidity, not to mention intentional misrepresentation of the facts as they occured (clue- you can&#39;t change history by lying about it), but none of this is surprising, as I&#39;m sure he read it on a right wing propaganda site. Grrr.

You can&#39;t have it both ways, the man wasn&#39;t allowed to function as President due to his ongoing impeachment, and that following the Whitewater scandal. We should not be able to sue a sitting president unless he is a threat to our nation&#39;s well-being, it&#39;s too stupid for words. I realise I&#39;m saying "stupid" so much I probably sound stupid, but that&#39;s just where our country is right now, I resent deeply beng represented by such a stupid leader, surrounded by such stupid followers, and having to deflect such utter nonsense by people who believe they have a point.

Flamethrower retracted now.

gwinea2000:
Originally posted by jay_too+Feb 17 2005, 03:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay_too &#064; Feb 17 2005, 03:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dude..

jay
[post=283936]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
@Feb 17 2005, 03:45 PM

Bravo&#33; It&#39;s all well and good to have opinions, but uninformed opinions simply dissipate into the ether. Saying Clinton did nothng is ludicrous, right-wing stupidity, not to mention intentional misrepresentation of the facts as they occured (clue- you can&#39;t change history by lying about it), but none of this is surprising, as I&#39;m sure he read it on a right wing propaganda site. Grrr.

You can&#39;t have it both ways, the man wasn&#39;t allowed to function as President due to his ongoing impeachment, and that following the Whitewater scandal. We should not be able to sue a sitting president unless he is a threat to our nation&#39;s well-being, it&#39;s too stupid for words. I realise I&#39;m saying "stupid" so much I probably sound stupid, but that&#39;s just where our country is right now, I resent deeply beng represented by such a stupid leader, surrounded by such stupid followers, and having to deflect such utter nonsense by people who believe they have a point.

Flamethrower retracted now.
[post=283943]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

You guys are pathetic -- completely incapable of holding a civilized discussion. Accusing someone of being on inhalant powders? Calling an adverse opinion a "stupid follower"?

In both of the responses which drew attack, I didn&#39;t get the sense that either poster was a head-over-heels Bush fanatic. I agreed with a few points, disagreed with others. However, in neither post did I sense the one-sided fanaticism so often illustrated by the &#39;other side&#39; of this board.

Feel free to apologize on behalf of Clinton all you want. It&#39;s nothing new. Blame Gingrich, blame the Republicans, blame Monica, blame Ken Starr. I know plenty about his (failed) attempts to curb radical Islam. How did he do? Why don&#39;t you give him a grade on his accomplishments. In Africa. As Middle East mediator. Most Libs will give an &#39;Oh, Billy gets an &#39;A&#39; for effort&#33;&#39;) Whatever you do, don&#39;t blame Slick Willy himself. Accountability is always &#39;for the other guy&#39;. Don&#39;t forget, the 9/11 attacks were planned on his watch.

Be cognizant of the fact that, because of your liberal use of "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards, your criticisms of the current administration hold little weight with the rest of us. It&#39;s exactly why John Kerry lost the election: He could attack Bush all day, but couldn&#39;t present any pragmatic approach to the problems our country is facing.
Just as Sean Hannity&#39;s words are meaningless to everyone but ardent GOP supporters, so too are your words lost on anyone but the staunchest of Left-Wing fanatics.

And so I ask you, oh self-proclaimed informed and knowledgeable ones: What do we do? What actions should we have taken? I agree -- the current administration has fucked up. They failed to adequately plan for Iraq, they have no respect for the limitations of a budget, and their current plan for revamping social security is shaky at best. But, instead of attacking, give some solutions. I (along with the rest of the country) are anxiously awaiting your thoughts. So far, you have failed (MISERABLY) to concoct any semblance of a pragmatic approach to our current quagmires.