Staying in shape - home exercising

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_nv8v3xzj, Mar 2, 2010.

1. D_nv8v3xzj

D_nv8v3xzj New Member

Hey :) been a while since ive posted here!

Anyway, i dont really have time for the gym these days but am keen to try to stay in shape. Ive been doing the usual crunches and push ups etc, and i seem to tone up pretty well.

Anyone got any good routines that are good for doing at home?

Cheers :

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

If you have free weights I can give you a good home routine. If not there are a couple of good things you can do in addition to your crunches and push ups. Get a phone big book or a block of wood that is about 2" high, put your toes on it and your heels on the floor, lift your self up on to your toes about 100 times.
    Another one that I do while traveling and no time for the gym is to sit in a chair and lift your right leg up and spell each letter of the alphabet with your foot. The smaller you make the letter the better the workout. Repeat with the left leg.

3. D_nv8v3xzj

D_nv8v3xzj New Member

Cheers for the reply! I'll give those a go, sounds good! Thank you.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

One thing I forgot to add was; once you get the leg alphabet routine down pat, try it both legs at the same time, it's an amazing lower body workout and good for your abs too!

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    And once you can do the alphabet with both legs, then you are ready to conduct the Boston Pops with your feet. Abs of steel man.

6. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

There is a "couch workout" video on you tube. Its a pretty decent home workout if you have nothing but a couch.

7. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i love gyrokinesis for an anywhere workout. sort of a combo of dance, yoga, thai chi and touch of gymnastics. awesome for toning your core and balancing the body. and can be done with no equipment or weights.

i so found out about gyrokinesis from LPSG. so woot woot for LPSG!

8. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

Have you ever thought of adding some yoga to your workout plan? :)

9. Vestigial

Gold Member

This sounds great.

Another tip could be to make (e.g. ordinary) things a challenge, though it can be a pain when people comment against your methods.

"There are 1000 tools you can use, why use a knife / crowbar / fist for everything?"

10. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

A lot of the monthly workout magazines will often have an article on working out at home complete with routines. They seem to come out every few months as there seems to be only so many topics. There is a lot of recycling.

You could try your public library which keeps issues up to a year, so there is a lot to look through.

I hope this helps somewhat.
    BTW, I work out at home, but I have weights, a bench, and stuff. Without knowing what your goals are and knowing what you have, or how much money you are willing to spend, its kinda hard to give any advice other than what I have already given.

But good luck, and if you have any other questions once you get started, feel free to ask.

Draft saved Draft deleted