STD Tests

justme222

Experimental Member
Media
Though I'm relatively naive sexually and had no symptoms I recently went for a check at an STD clinc for peace of mind. I had swabs and a urine test done for HIV, syphilis and hepatitus as is standard. I'm pleased to say I'm clean as a whistle but wondered if anyone knows whether these tests would also indicate gonorehhea? I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated :p

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If your uncertain as whether you were tested for gonorehea or not, I would advise that you contact the clinic/centre you attended and ask them. That way you will definitely know if you were tested or not. Better being safe than sorry.

Good luck

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The hiv, syphilis and hepatitis tests are done with blood, the urine would have been for chlamydea and the swabs for gonorrhea. I'm sure they wouldn't have overlooked testing for that, but ring them if you need more assurance.

Congratulations. Btw, you can be vaccinated against Hep A and B - worth considering for extra peace of mind.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you went to a sexual health clinic in the UK they will most likely have done a "full screening" as standard - this includes gonorehhea. If you are unsure however, do give them a call.

justme222

Experimental Member
Media
Well I definitely had those three tests but I'm fairly sure they didnt take any blood, they just gave my hep B vac.
I've got a card which says ive definitely had all three tests done but it doesnt mention chlymedia or gon...

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Chlamydia is pretty standard testing in the UK, they took a sample for it every time I went to the family planning clinic, no matter what I was there for. I read something in the clinic that there was some sort of goal set to check as many people as possible. But I agree, check back with the center to find out the full list of what they tested.

Well I definitely had those three tests but I'm fairly sure they didnt take any blood, they just gave my hep B vac.
I've got a card which says ive definitely had all three tests done but it doesnt mention chlymedia or gon...

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should be able to get a copy of the lab report with all of your test results. Then you can see exactly what they tested for and show it to potential partners.

And be aware that most places don't do blood tests for herpes (type #1 or #2) unless you specifically ask for them. Many doctors and people think if you have genital herpes that you would definitely know it, but some people have such mild symptoms (e.g. a couple small pimples or a slight rash), that they don't think it's herpes. They then spread it to others without realizing it because they've been told they are clean.

Also, get the hep A vaccine if there's a chance you will lick any strangers' assholes in your life.