STD

coolmike_85

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hey guys, sorry to bring up such i depressing topic but i was really wondering whether you can get something from recieving a blowjob.

aaahung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
God so naive on this site ...form a blow job can get most STDs gonnoreah syphils, chlamydia, hepatitis b but HIV unlikely. Would only get herpes if the othe person had symptoms

cooljude

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
just totally trust the person u r blowing make sure its washed stuff like that im sure there r a few good websites suggesting stuff dude!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
God so naive on this site ...form a blow job can get most STDs gonnoreah syphils, chlamydia, hepatitis b but HIV unlikely. Would only get herpes if the othe person had symptoms

You cannot contract HIV from getting a blowjob...period.

Bacterial STDs like the ones posted above are, however, a real risk, sometimes even with a condom. Every sexually active person owes it to him/herself (and their partners) to have a full STD panel run every 6-12 months.

From Cooljude Re: STD
just totally trust the person u r blowing make sure its washed stuff like that im sure there r a few good websites suggesting stuff dude!

Sorry...bad advice. "Trust" and "knowledge" of your partner does not protect you against STDs. Only you have the power and responsibility to protect yourself.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ideally, yeah. Why do you think there are flavoured condoms?

Otherwise, do your best to make sure your partner is clean and roll the dice.

I am not dirty. I shower every day, but am HIV+. Using "clean" suggests otherwise. STDs are not a question of hygiene.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
I am not dirty. I shower every day, but am HIV+. Using "clean" suggests otherwise. STDs are not a question of hygiene.

You're absolutely right. I apologise for the misuse.

I do remember some classes in college that said that although highly unlikely, HIV can be transmitted via oral sex. It would necessitate a cut or sore in the giver's mouth (which should mean no oral anyway) and a high volume of... fluid exchange, but that it was possible, just not probable.

I'm still a little shocked over the original question.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You're absolutely right. I apologise for the misuse.

I do remember some classes in college that said that although highly unlikely, HIV can be transmitted via oral sex. It would necessitate a cut or sore in the giver's mouth (which should mean no oral anyway) and a high volume of... fluid exchange, but that it was possible, just not probable.

I'm still a little shocked over the original question.

No problem, sweetie.

There is a theoretical risk to giving a blowjob, although the science is conflicting and by no means certain. Receiving a blowjob is not a risky activity for transmission of HIV, small cuts notwithstanding. Saliva contains enzymes that actually inhibit the virus from replicating. The human mouth is a highly inhospitable environment for a virus as fragile as HIV (unlike the vagina and anus).

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Ha! So sensitive are we? Just kidding.

Even if you don't brush your teeth for some time before you engage in oral sex, you are still at risk for STDs. It is the best thing, if you plan on being promiscuous, to use a condom.

Alot of us gays tend to ignore the fact that the men who cruise (no matter how "dirty" or "clean" they look) can be definite carriers of many diseases and practice unprotected sex, but in order for us to survive as a healthy family, we must take the proper procedures.

Swallowing may be hot to many guys and feeling a guy finishing inside of you may send you over the edge, but none of that is worth losing your life over. I'm sure Bbucko can side with me on that.

just8

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Chances are VERY remote that you would catch anything from receiving a blowjob, and they're only a bit higher for giving one. However, there is the possibility of contracting an STD through oral sex.

Your worst fears should be chlamydia and herpes. Herpes is still difficult to catch, but not impossible. Chlamydia, however is highly contagious and transmissible with condoms, although it is easily cured. So, be careful.

HIV....ummmm.....not so worried about. I haven't read ANY covincing reports of HIV through oral transmission. Not to mention, I am one of those doubters of the official HIV/AIDS theory. Don't know what I'm talking about, start here:
http://www.virusmyth.net/aids/controversy.htm
(And, please, no flames. If you don't take the time to inform yourselves about the the controversy then don't bother giving me shit. I already know all their arguments and have heard your scripted pleas and am still not convinced, like many many experts in the fields of virology and epidemiology.)

At any rate, play it safe just to be safe and you'll stay healthy like yours truly.

D_Merton Prehensile

Account Disabled
Media
Herpes Simplex is the only thing that can get transferred through oral sex. Herpes Simplex is a cold sore. Once you have it you have it forever, basically.

The others would be transmitted through come or pre-come. If it was transferred through saliva they wouldn't be sexually transmitted. Which makes sense. So if you don't produce pre-come and don't come in the girl (or boy)'s mouth, for other than Herpes you should be all fine.