Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I need to become more educated in regards to STD's, so in addition to my research and what not I thought I would pose a few questions on here.

Are STD's harder or easier to pass during oral sex as opposed to vaginal or anal sex?

In regards to this do you guys where condoms when receiving (or giving) oral sex?

Lastly what do those of you that use condoms for oral sex recommend as a good condom specifically for oral sex?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are STD's harder or easier to pass during oral sex as opposed to vaginal or anal sex?

Depends greatly on which STD you're referring to. As far as oral, dental care is a minor but not insignificant factor. I'd imagine that vaginal and anal sex will greatly increase your chances (if you're not using protection). Orally, STDs aren't particularly easy to spread, but it's not terribly hard. Best advice is that it only takes one act to contract the disease so whichever you're doing, be safe!!

In regards to this do you guys where condoms when receiving (or giving) oral sex?

I won't give a guy head unless he's wearing one. If doesn't wanna wear one, I won't give him head.

Lastly what do those of you that use condoms for oral sex recommend as a good condom specifically for oral sex?

Brand and type depends on the couple because of allergies and whatnot. I don't have allergies so I use any of the flavored kind. Even if you don't enjoy giving oral sex, it's slightly less of a burden when the thing you're sucking on tastes like banana or chocolate or strawberry kiwi.

Last edited:

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although oral sex on condoms is not the best taste, it's alot safer...and it's actually not that different that having oral without the condom. It's especially good for guys who don't like to take a shot of jizz down the hatch. You can give your guy the satisfaction of shooting off in your mouth without you having to taste or feel much of anything.

If I had a choice, I'd pick condomless; but since I recently learned that I'm allergic to semen, I've had to use condoms on ever pipe I siphon, y'know?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would think one advantage of oral is that the giver can see if the person has any visible sores. In addition to the previous posters comments, herpes can also be passed orally. Cold sores are caused by herpes viruses (usually HSV-1) and can be passed to dicks and pussies, but HSV-1 genital herpes is usually not as bad as genital HSV-2 infections. By not as bad, I mean the outbreaks usually don't recur like genital HSV-2 infections. And genital herpes can be passed to a partner's mouth.

HIV transmission through oral is difficult. Other members here are better informed than me on the statistics. But I think the nature of anal and vaginal sex involves more cuts where HIV can be transmitted to the receiver.

Eboomo

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jovial thanks for the STD Risk Chart link that is a very valuable tool.

In regards to the "google it" thought. That is of course what i've been doing for some of my primary learning. I'm interested in hearing the responses from the community. Not to mention hopefully everyone can learn from this thread as well.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!! Gonorrhea and Chlamydia are both very easy to pass orally. Get your facts straight before making comments on something so important.

Before you go go shouting at people read what's written. The first statement in my post explained that there are variations depending on what STD you're talking about. My statement was a general one and didn't address either of the STDs you mentioned. My final sentence in that paragraph adviced 100%condom use for all sex acts. I appreciate you think you're the internet police but make sure you know what you're addressing..

Look at the bigger picture lest you make an asshole of yourself if you make an erroneous inference.

Again, the use of condoms can quell most fears about STD transmission.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jovial thanks for the STD Risk Chart link that is a very valuable tool.

In regards to the "google it" thought. That is of course what i've been doing for some of my primary learning. I'm interested in hearing the responses from the community. Not to mention hopefully everyone can learn from this thread as well.
Your welcome and OK about the "google it." I've found these STD threads aren't very popular around here, I wish there was more discussion about it. I remember a thread about STD's and oral sex from last year that was pretty long though.

D_but wait you also get

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Before you go go shouting at people read what's written. The first statement in my post explained that there are variations depending on what STD you're talking about. My statement was a general one and didn't address either of the STDs you mentioned. My final sentence in that paragraph adviced 100%condom use for all sex acts. I appreciate you think you're the internet police but make sure you know what you're addressing..

Look at the bigger picture lest you make an asshole of yourself if you make an erroneous inference.

Again, the use of condoms can quell most fears about STD transmission.

I stand by my post. The only person who made an asshole of himself is you due to your response to my post. Perhaps you shouldn't make general statements that are misleading when commenting on a such a serious topic. And please, do not send me anymore private messages telling me I am an asshole for disagreeing with you.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NO SEXUAL ACT IS MORE SAFE THAN ONE WITH A CONDOM.
NO SEXUAL ACT IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN THAT IN WHICH A CONDOM IS NOT USED

I stand by my post. The only person who made an asshole of himself is you due to your response to my post. Perhaps you shouldn't make general statements that are misleading when commenting on a such a serious topic. And please, do not send me anymore private messages telling me I am an asshole for disagreeing with you.

You're not an asshole for disagreeing with me, you made an ass of yourself by misreading my post. If anything, I'll grant you that my post can be misconstrued because the last sentence of the first paragraph should've been expressed first so that the post would be read with the impication that I was referring to cases only where condom use is 100%. Still, that placement issue aside, the only message in my post is that condom use should be 100%.

Anyone who had a single atom of interprative skills would've realized that the overall message was that no sex act is more safe than that in which a condom is used. Your response was much ado about nothing and I hope you've enjoyed your 5 minutes of superiority, even if it was misguided and erroneous. It isn't even that you misunderstood my post because my placement error made room for that, it was the way you responded, big letters, a father-ish tone. Totally uncalled for and if I were you I'd feel just a bit silly. I suggest moving away from the computer and talking a walk outside because if you knew how much misinformation was available and presented as the truth, you'd have a heart attack. See what I put in red? See what I used my attention-seeking skills for?

Last edited:

D_but wait you also get

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You're not an asshole for disagreeing with me, you made an ass of yourself by misreading my post. If anything, I'll grant you that my post can be misconstrued because the last sentence of the first paragraph should've been expressed first so that the post would be read with the impication that I was referring to cases only where condom use is 100%. Still, that placement issue aside, the only message in my post is that condom use should be 100%.

Anyone who had a single atom of interprative skills would've realized that the overall message was that no sex act is more safe than that in which a condom is used. Your response was much ado about nothing and I hope you've enjoyed your 5 minutes of superiority, even if it was misguided and erroneous. It isn't even that you misunderstood my post because my placement error made room for that, it was the way you responded, big letters, a father-ish tone. Totally uncalled for and if I were you I'd feel just a bit silly. I suggest moving away from the computer and talking a walk outside because if you knew how much misinformation was available and presented as the truth, you'd have a heart attack. See what I put in red? See what I used my attention-seeking skills for?

talk about father-ish tones. give it a rest.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Many STD's are rather delicate pathogens, able to be erradicated with prophylactics, with some exceptions, especially HIV. HIV doesn't live in mouth acids, stomach acid (hydrochloric) and terminates its replicating process a few degrees either side of 98.6 Not to say that becoming infected with one (or more STD's) is not without its medical challenges, but one rather potent contagion has the ability to remain active up to two weeks outside a human host and still maintian its infectiousness to a new host: Tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
Spittle containing Mycobacterium tuberculosis swabbed from sidewalks, show this pathogen maintains its virulence up to two weeks. (wash your hands after taking off your shoes)
One major problem with pathogens and fighting them is, some patients do not finish a prescribed course of antibiotics, leaving the strongest strain active and passed on to another host.
Antibiotics DO NOT kill pathogens. Most work by slowing a pathogens replicating process enough for the human immune system to mount an effective counter attack in destroying or neutralizing them.
Have fun, play safe. enjoy life.

M*

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
STD's and oral sex?

Yes please.

Provided you're D & D free.:biggrin1:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If it's HIV you're worried about (and in my experience that's what most people are worried about) you need to remember first and foremost how it's transmitted. To be transmitted you need:

1) The virus to be present;
2) A fluid that can transmit the virus;
3) A means for the virus to enter a body.

HIV can be transmitted orally through blood, semen (cum), preseminal fluid (precum), human breast milk, cerebrospinal fluid (the stuff they take out in a spinal tap) and vaginal secretions. That means that if you are giving head to someone the virus can be present if that person has HIV. Of course, it is highly unlikely that you would ever notice cerebrospinal fluid during a sex act; however, cum, precum and vaginal secretions are common...blood less so, but it can end up there if things go wrong or if you're eating out a woman during her period. The viral load is too low in saliva to incur transmission. That means it's unlikely that you can be infected with HIV if someone is performing oral sex on you - unless one of those other fluids is in the person's mouth.

But it's not enough that the virus is simply present. It has to have a gateway into the body. This can include gum infections, recent dental work, recent brushing or flossing, sores, cuts, bites, and so on. Remember that if you're the one whose genitals are getting gobbled you have to watch out for these things on your bits and pieces.

The safest thing is to use with a penis is a condom. If you don't like the taste try putting it on the guy, spitting on it and masturbating him for a while. It'll taste more like your spit and hand and less like a lubed-up condom.

If you can't use a condom for whatever reason there are other ways to reduce risk. If you're worried, try to keep things to masturbation. Closely inspect the person's genitals for sores or cuts. Do not take semen in your mouth or swallow it. Do not brush or floss for a few hours before or afterward. Avoid oral if you have sores in your mouth or a throat infection.

It's not good enough to think of a sex act as high or low risk. You have to know how HIV is transmitted and realize that some ways of giving head (ie. swallowing) are a hell of a lot more risky than others (ie. using a condom).