STD's and Oral sex

D_Phil_McCavity

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
For those who say condoms taste nasty.... HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF FLAVOR CONDOMS... FLAVOR CONDOMS ARE MADE FOR ORAL SEX .... people are so ignorant when it comes to oral sex....

condoms come in dfferent flavors cherry bannana coke etc........ go to undercovercondoms.com for more details....

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
For those who say condoms taste nasty.... HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF FLAVOR CONDOMS... FLAVOR CONDOMS ARE MADE FOR ORAL SEX .... people are so ignorant when it comes to oral sex....

condoms come in dfferent flavors cherry bannana coke etc........ go to undercovercondoms.com for more details....

Hmmmm. I never saw a Cock-Flavoured option.

D

deleted213967

[B said:
Starboy28[/B];1578330]Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!! Gonorrhea and Chlamydia are both very easy to pass orally. Get your facts straight before making comments on something so important.

True That. In fact, you nailed the 2 most common STDs here in the US.

D

deleted213967

It baffles me how every time safe / safer sex is mentioned, it seems that HIV is the only STD on the planet ... or the only STD we should care about.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are STD's harder or easier to pass during oral sex as opposed to vaginal or anal sex?

Depends greatly on which STD you're referring to. As far as oral, dental care is a minor but not insignificant factor. I'd imagine that vaginal and anal sex will greatly increase your chances (if you're not using protection). Orally, STDs aren't particularly easy to spread, but it's not terribly hard. Best advice is that it only takes one act to contract the disease so whichever you're doing, be safe!!

In regards to this do you guys where condoms when receiving (or giving) oral sex?

I won't give a guy head unless he's wearing one. If doesn't wanna wear one, I won't give him head.

Lastly what do those of you that use condoms for oral sex recommend as a good condom specifically for oral sex?

Brand and type depends on the couple because of allergies and whatnot. I don't have allergies so I use any of the flavored kind. Even if you don't enjoy giving oral sex, it's slightly less of a burden when the thing you're sucking on tastes like banana or chocolate or strawberry kiwi.

You do say "Orally, STDs aren't particularly easy to spread" which isn't true. So someone points this out to you and you explode at them?

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was defending myself against someone who misinterpretd my post and responded disrespectfully based on a misconception. The OP got the message though so that's all that matters.

I too have misunderstood the entire purpose of your post. You are not really defending yourself in my opinion because the point you're trying to make isn't clear. You say one thing then say something else in the same thread. So i don't think it's fair to call someone out on it, when i feel you're the person who wasn't being clear in what was being communicated in your post. Does that make sense? I honestly feel it's irresponsible to tell people that oral is low risk for most STI's when that isn't true. If that isn't your intention - then you should explain that - but i found your replys to this to be very disrespectful and preachy.

Last edited:

milkyca

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You do say "Orally, STDs aren't particularly easy to spread" which isn't true. So someone points this out to you and you explode at them?

He didn't explode on him at all. Posting WRONG WRONG WRONG in giant red letters is exploding on someone. He may or may not be correct, but he wasn't the one who went from 0 to 180 in the blink of a post.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just read this interesting article on herpes (both HSV-1 and HSV-2):
Herpes HSV-1 & HSV-2

After reading it I think receiving herpes from giving oral sex is lower than I used to think. Genital HSV-2 infections rarely spread to oral herpes of their partners. And Genital HSV-1 infections don't recur or shed viruses as often which makes it harder for partners to get oral HSV-1 (and a lot of people already are infectioned orally with HSV-1, usually as a child, but don't get cold sores).

Receiving oral sex seems more risky. Since oral HSV-2 is very uncommon, it's not likely to get genital HSV-2 from receiving. But getting genital HSV-1 from receiving oral is fairly common. But they say genital HSV-1 outbreaks recur much less often than genital HSV-2 infections, so genital HSV-1 infections are not quite as bad.

It seems like kissing is more risky if you don't already have HSV-1.