STD's

tricknc: I recently read that women are more susceptible to STD's because the surface area of their genitals is greater than that of males. Could this mean that guys with bigger penises are more susceptible too?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=tricknc link=board=sex;num=1045516257;start=0#0 date=02/17/03 at 13:10:57]

"I recently read that women are more susceptible to STD's because the surface area of their genitals is greater than that of males.  Could this mean that guys with bigger penises are more susceptible too?"

[/quote]

Not necessarily.

*Women are more proned to STDs due to a shorter urethra whereby the germs have a SHORTER distance to travel from the outside to the inside of the body.

*(from my college 101 health class years ago.)

brad2002: That would be a real ego boost for some, but for me it makes no difference. Penis size, one way or the other, is not risky. Unprotected sex is. Wear a condom and have fun.

chicago_girl: Women may be more likely to get STD's because bodily fluids are deposited inside their bodies.  They do not get STD's in their urethras but in their vaginas.  Infections in the urethra are urinary tract infections not sexually transmitted diseases.  Having sex can cause those though by pushing bacteria up the urethra.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, it's UTIs that women are more susceptible to.

I do know, however, that receptive anal intercourse is the quickest way to contract disease, except possibly menstrual sex.