STD's

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_orleandersee, Jul 15, 2010.

1. B_orleandersee

B_orleandersee New Member

Nobody likes em though for some, it's a reality. I hate them. I've gotten one once and got it treated..

Antibiotics create havoc on your body and in particular your intestines.. Some people don't even know it though after using them, one can actually end up WORSE than before (granted it rids of the STD though it can create a complete different set issues).

Thought it'd be wise to start a thread to discuss the ways one can practice safe sex and maybe fill it up with good information for anyone browsing the threads..

2. B_orleandersee

B_orleandersee New Member

For starters, not brushing, is safe sex.. to an extent... You should never brush your teeth immediately before a big date (at least not unless you're brushing gently) especially if you're expecting or planning to have sex.. it can cause bleeding and if you shove that pussy or cock in your mouth, you risk exposing yourself to a wide range of diseases..

If a person or their partner has gingivitis, or a potential date, they can also transmit an STD that way. I read an article that they did a research study on people with hepatitis and those who had a lot of it traced in their bodies, had traces of the disease in their spit.. so, kissing, is also a potential risk.

hiv is usually transmitted where there is a lot of semen and blood present (or an open cut, sore also present) though im not sure if some know that it can also be transmitted solely by the exposure of precum with such things..

I'm not an expert or anything though I am very careful and frantic about these things. Just thought I'd share some of the info i've discovered on the net while doing my own personal research.

#2 B_orleandersee, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  3. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

Currently in our family we have discovered another one. Within the past few weeks our adopted 22 year old was diagnosed with cancer of the tongue. He belongs to zero normal high risk groups in that he does not smoke anything, he does not drink alcohol and he does not chew tobacco.

What has come out however and was a big surprise in doing research was that many U.S. made heavy duty mouthwashes are on the verge of being pulled in the Australian market. The Australian equivalent of the FDA considers them to be a strong irritant and carcinogenic.

As an aspiring bodybuilder this kid's only sin was being a fanatic over maintenance of his teeth. As often as possisble after meals he would brush and follow up that brushing with the generic equivalent of listerine thinking he was doing the right thing. Quietly we have recently learned that the FDA came down on the manufacturers of Listerine and quietly demanded a change in formulation stating that the existing one could be carcinogenic.

What this means with regards to STD's is that the formulations of some of these products may also have potentital to create sufficient irritation in some people to create the same kind of pathway as would be possible by brushing vigorously. What we as parents have learned unfortunately "after the fact" is that commercial profits may have been given far more weight than the end safety of the consumer.

The new rule in our home is that the only mouthwashes allowed in the house are warm salt water and hydrogen peroxide which is washed out with water after the wash and cleansing process.

4. Jay1074

Jay1074 Active Member

Albums:

Seriously... always use a soft bristle brush and always brush gently. This is the advice my dentist has been giving for eons. If you use hard bristle brushes or brush to firmly or vigorously, you can cause receding gums and cause abrasion that can leave you vulnerable to STD transmission. The good news is that most minor abrasions on your gums heal up enough within 2-3 hours to lessen the possibilities of transmission to almost zero. Keep in mind if you have an open sore in your mouth, that does put you at significant risk.

Also, gingivitis or bleeding gums is a risk factor. The only way to prevent having this is to keep up your oral hygeine by flossing and brushing regularly. So long as you do that to keep a healthy mouth, you drastically reduce your risk of transmission through oral sex. Also, it has been known for a while that some mouthwashes are very harsh and can damage the lining of your mouth with overuse/abuse. Moderation is the key for mouthwash. Even with daily brushing and flossing, mouthwash should be used sparingly for maintenance purposes and not as a method of daily cleaning.

5. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Surely one doesnt have sex,oral or otherwise until they know the other person is STD free.If i went on a date and the guy/gal hadnt brushed their teeth they wouldnt get within 6 ft of me!:eek:

6. brinzaulsschwul

Gold Member

Brushing your teeth does not eliminate any STI (please don't call them STD's that is so last century) we call them infections these days not diseases.

Are you saying Tascha that you would wait 12 weeks before having sex with someone whilst you waited for their HIV test to be taken? I appreciate that there are some tests that can be taken much earlier, but they are expensive and not generally available on the NHS, unless their is sexual assault etc., and certainly not available to allow you to have sex with someone!

7. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Please spell my name correctly when addressing me,this is the 2nd time you have done that:rolleyes:

Yes,actually i AM saying i would wait 12 weeks until my o/h had the test done.I was with my bf for over 4 months before we did anything other than kiss.

BTW,we still use protection now,not to stop pregnancy but for safety.

8. DasLeezard

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The safest sex is sex with yourself.

It's kept me out of trouble so far :)

Draft saved Draft deleted