STDs

Phenix

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've noticed that there are very few thread in this forum devoted to STDs, and I'm wondering why that is. Embarassment? Shame?

I'll be honest, I've had clap twice (both times from other guys; one had it up his butt, the other in his throat!!). God, I will never forget the first time. I was 23 and scared as hell to tell anyone so I waited awhile. Geez, the discharge and I'll never forget how painful it was to piss. Fortunately, the second time I was 40 and knew instantly what it was and got the good ol' shot in the butt before things got out of hand.

Secondly, at 25 I put my mouth on the wrong dick and wound up with genital herpes. Major drag. The first 5-6 years were the worst, but then my body developed an immunity to the virus and I didn't have an outbreak for 13 years. Out of nowhere, last summer, I had an outbreak and have since been taking Valtrex as a precautionary measure. So far, so good.

Anyway, I get concerned from time to time about spreading it even though I'm symptom free (they say it's possible), but I'm not about to wear a rubber everytime I get blown or have unprotected anal intercourse with another dude who's HIV- (thank god I've been spared that; but then again, who knows what the person might have up there unless you know them really well; I guess the moral of the story is NO BB EVER, right?

Has anyone else had these or similar concerns (male or female)? Am I being irresponsible? Am I duty bound to tell a prospective partner that I have herpes in the same way a person with HIV is honor bound to disclose that info to a potential partner? :confused: I'd really welcome some commentary.

Also, I'd like to hear from some of the younger members of this group. What STDs do you fear the most or are the most rampant among teens/young adults? I know there are so many, but are your concerns the same as mine were (or should have been) 20 years ago? I guess I can finish this paragraph by saying, "Let this be a lesson to you." You can never be too careful.

What a release. I feel like I've come out of the closet about having an incurable STD. I know I'm not alone. Anyone else out there care to field the ball? Peace.

naughty_girl

Experimental Member
Media
the one i think everyone fears the most is Aids! like u said u never know who has it... even someone who has only been with one partner could have it.. and if you've caught herpes or any other std it just could well of been that. I had a bf who managed to catch genital warts from somewhere and they looked the worst.. kinda put u off sex a little but they were easily frozen off.... on the other hand chlamedia (prob wrong spelling) could make you infertile and u could never have a baby... so at the end of the day THEY R ALL BAD lol... do what your mummy and daddy told u and wear good old mr rubber! :rolleyes:

SSBBW4BigFun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Phenix said:
Am I being irresponsible? Am I duty bound to tell a prospective partner that I have herpes in the same way a person with HIV is honor bound to disclose that info to a potential partner? :confused: I'd really welcome some commentary.

My opinion - yes, you should disclose the risk to any partner. Don't you wish you had been afforded that consideration?

There's also legal liability, which may vary by jurisdiction. I live in Florida, and have worked as a paralegal. The attorney I worked for represented a man who sued his ex-girlfriend for knowingly exposing him to herpes.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I once had chlamydia. Since there were no symptoms, I have no idea who I got it from or how long I had it. Trying to track down previous partners was quite embarrassing.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
i think i went through pretty much everything during my teenage years; the only things i got more than once were the three c's (clap, crabs, chlamydia). haven't gotten anything in nearly 10 years now though.

funny thing: i never had an outbreak of herpes, but always assumed i must have it cos pretty much everyone who's ever dropped their drawers in intimate company does, right? however, i had some broad-spectrum blood tests for an unrelated purpose last year, and no herpes showed up at all. I did show a dizzying profusion of antibodies for herpes-family viruses, so i guess i probably did catch it at least once, but my immune system must be especially resilient to it. which is nice :biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly? If I got to the point in a relationship with someone where we are having unprotected sex, and I catch something from them, they've not only lied, but gone so far as to produce fake medical records. The penalty? Do not find out. Around here, karma is helped along by humans.

Normal_Guy1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
Honestly? If I got to the point in a relationship with someone where we are having unprotected sex, and I catch something from them, they've not only lied, but gone so far as to produce fake medical records. The penalty? Do not find out. Around here, karma is helped along by humans.

I'm gonna have to agree... You burn me then not only are we not together anymore, but you better damn well have a good pair of running shoes before i break my foot off in your ass