Steam room hook up?

Discussion in 'Large Penis Personal Ads' started by kentadams, Jul 6, 2010.

1. kentadams

kentadams New Member

Albums:
    I know its illegal or whatever, but how would you know if you're in a steam room or suana and a guy is interested in you? (without the obvious pitching of a tent) Or how would you hint you're interested in him?

Like are there little tricks or hints? Not necessarily to hook up while in the steam room, just to like subtly put it out there that you like what youre seeing and that youd be interested in more?

2. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess I'm missing the "illegal" part. What's illegal about being interested in someone and letting them know?

As to your question, everyone enjoys a compliment as long as it isn't creepy. If it's at the gym, look for his best feature and compliment that. Such as "You've got great delts, I can't get mind to respond. What's your routine for them?" It's not directly dick related but it starts a conversation and you've complimented him on his attractiveness. As either you or he are leaving you can say "It was good chatting with you. Maybe we can go for coffee after a workout sometime." If he's homophobic you're not directly hitting on him, just being friendly. On the other hand, if he isn't homophobic and has a clue he's got to wonder if you are only being friendly or if you want more. That's the subtle approach.

The more direct approach is to adjust yourself and see if he adjusts himself. Or as you're talking to him let your eyes drop down to his package for a second or two every so often. If he adjusts his package while you're looking at it that's a VERY good sign. That kind of stuff.

3. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You asked, and so I will answer. if you join a health club and go regularly, you will learn the signs. Here's what I have discovered in my neighborhood:

1. eye contact. dudes who are in there just to take a shvitz don't look around or at anyone else *usually* (there are exceptions). Don't stare- use your peripheral vision to see if others are watching you. If your glances are mirrored by other guys around you, increase your eye contact as you are watched.

Eventually, you may get opportunity to stare blatantly at a guy- face, chest, and full crotch if he is displaying it- and you will know when he actually WANTS you to look or notice. It is your choice to look or not- and since it's in a locker room, it's not the nudity that would be 'inappropriate'- it would be UNWELCOMED advances.

2. hand placement. place your hands resting on your crotch or near the inside of your towel, as though you may decide to grab your junk at any moment. If you want/need to, use your towel to scratch your cock and balls/ dab sweat. Keep your privates private until you know if all of the guys around you are 'hanging out' and creating an environment when they want to show more.

3. choice of seat: when you walk in, sit directly across from the person you want to see more of, or whom you intend to show off to ... and see who is in there with you and pay attention to who enters and leaves.

4. frequency: if you are a regular, you will meet a bunch of guys over time that may be, like you, looking for fun, or to meet some other cool guys. Be patient, and outgoing. Smile. But don't take risks that could get you arrested. Instead- go slow. It's basically the same thing as making normal friends.

5. flash and cover: use the edge of your towel to whipe the sweat off your face, flashing your junk to the guy across from you if you think he wants to see it. When you stand up, before leaving you can open your towel and re-wrap it in close proximity to others around you. And- be choosy about who sees your stuff... there are plenty of 'trolls' that you will need to steer clear of, along with uptight guys who will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior.

6. conversations. Certain conversations will definately set the tone as "I just am being friendly in a locker room- but I'm not here to play around." Sometimes, it's better to walk in, make strong eye contact with the guys around you, and a strong nod, and leave it at that.

7. Intensions. Lastly, be attentive to the guys around you. If guys are subtly rubbing their chests or doing a bit of a towel readjust, don't just sit there. If you're chill with what will follow, then put your hands in your lap, or open your towel a bit, or something else that tells them that you're 'on board' to either play or quietly observe. If you don't, they're just waiting for you to get up and leave.

And if you're not OK with guys tugging on their tackle or displaying the family jewels for other men to see- and if you are uncomfortable, please just get up and leave.

Certain behavior is just guys hangin out- and one form of male bonding. (I'm not talking about any illicit behavior.) So to the guys who are prepared to thrash me for answering the OP, there is a time and a place for PROPER behavior (which I am an advocate of.) But if two guys are in a steam sauna alone and both want to open their towels a bit and just share some male nudity- remember it's the time and opportunity to do so.

4. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    what is this, 1950? fuck man - if you like the guy just say so.

all this creepy, secret signal shit is what makes people uncomfortable with gay men.

5. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    he asked about signals, I gave them. The point made, however is very true: start by just saying "hello." Acknowledge the guy. Sometimes dudes wearing only towels are too self conscious and treat the scene like they're not even sitting right there... and that's kinda rude in my opinion. At the VERY least- do the head knod thing when you walk in, and then no further interactions, unless you want to encourage it.

Think about it: real life is always full of new meetings that all start with some sort of 'spark.' Some sort of initial interest in another person, and some encouragement that the other person will welcome interactions and not rebuff them. While it's true that in a steam room things CAN easily go a whole lotta wrong, it's a social situation that seems to have its own social rules- like guys standing at a urinal or trough.

If you 'mirror' the behavior of the other guy(s) in the room, you show yourself as open, and part of the group. If you sit silently and try to ignore anyone around you, you are the elephant in the room (yea- pun intended.) It's your choice which way to represent yourself- and YES, both strategies are usually very necesary.

Bottom line- if this is your regular health club, you will be around for a while and will probably be seeing regular guys (naked or not) often since you probably will routinely both be working out on a simillar schedule. This means that if you follow a good social etiquette and are a nice guy you'll make friends after a few visits- or you'll piss off alot of gym regulars by trying to make unwelcomed advances on any guy who walks in the door- regardless of the nonverbal communication he makes.

It's not 50's behavior to act like a part of a social group, and to want to know what the rules are.

6. tomcapt

tomcapt New Member

Albums:
    mplsingleguy

I agree with m ost of what you say here. However in my case I leave the towel at the door of the steam room. Inside, i will check out the group, and then take a position that I feel will be best. The position of your legs, I have found is important. If the person of 'your' interest is to your right, I have found, lifting your left leg up is a signal to him that, "hi, how yer goin, wanna play?' other wise I sit with my legs apart and just look as if I an dozing off. It does not take too long for a hand to find your swelling cock.
    Many times I am the only occupant of the steam room for a while and you get very comfortable in your position, the door opens and your first mark is in the room. After that, it is just human nature

enjoy :smile:

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

Haven't cruised public saunas or steam rooms since I was in grad school. But one of my favorite "regulars" was a beautiful marble sculpture with straw blonde hair and a great big thick dick. This was in the early 80s when the a preppy revival of pink oxford shirts, stripped ties, and penny loafers (always worn without socks) came into vogue. This guy looked damn good dressed as a preppy and needed to wear glasses, too. So, he had this Clark Kent/Superman thing going for him.

He'd come into the sauna after an hour of swimming laps and sit on the top bench in the corner of the sauna. He'd then plant both legs at right angles, do a bit of slow stretching, then sit upright -- legs still at right angles on the top bench -- so that his meat cascaded nicely past his balls. If he was interested, he'd simply contract his groin muscles or semi hard on to make his meat arch or flop up and down.

Great body. Great dick. Loved to be fucked. And he could put a Hoover to shame.

8. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    one other thing I didn't really mention before was the topic of

judgement.

Leave it at the door. Be aware that ALL guys are motivated by sex, and enjoy getting a chance to rub one out. Some guys get off on the attention of others, or doing it in semi-public places. Straight guys, married guys, gay guys, old and young guys. A ring on the marriage finger is an indicator of marital status, and not necessarily absolute fidelity. Same for religious tattoos and cross chains.

Sometimes I have seen the straightest behavior by a guy in the halls of the locker room and out on the gym floor, and then once they cross the threshold of the steam room door, inhibitions fall away. I expect them to be equally as open in those other areas- and they're distant or removed. That's 'down low' behavior, motivated for alot of guys by the testosterone that gets revved up by an extra hard workout and seeing other dudes wrapped in a towel.

Rather than getting angry or upset, I have decided to just chill and not take locker room hijinks so seriously. If I see a dude opening his towel to display an obvious boner, or if I see someone else reach over to the lap next to him... If I am uncomfortable about peer behavior, I have the choice to get up and leave.

BUT there is a different tolerance level for "trolls"- the guy that doesn't have a clue that everyone else is just waiting for him to leave.

Just as 'playful' guys need to pay attention to members who would not want to be witness to a post-workout group jackoff in the steamroom and stop behavior in their tracks, I think that certain guys need to pickup the obvious clues that they will NOT be included in the behavior- and that they are being given the cold shoulder by everyone in the room. If you're being excluded- LEAVE. There will be other people who may be more inclusive at another time. AND THEN... learn from the experience, change your behavior, and don't be so overt next time- cuz yer spooking the horses.

For those who call me discriminatory or judgemental for excluding 'trolls'... let me just say that this is a group of guys who are feeling comfortable enough about the setting to show off, or play with their bodies (and/or others) in a semi-public setting. If the comfort level isn't there, no one is going to take the risk. That being said, don't assume that your presence guarantees inclusion into the group. It's just human nature- goes all the way back to the playground rules. Sometimes you won't be welcome in all settings, and that's the way life is. There will be other settings, places and people who won't simply wait out your exit.

OK, I'm done now.

9. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

great advise - from a gym regular - great place to be for social interaction - sexual as well as verbal - I really enjoy my time @ gym.

10. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It can be great for a guy who has too much estrogen going on in other parts of the day--- one of the final places where its just men- and ironically their sexual organs are displayed or occasionally seen when a towel parts unexpectedly... or the guy who doesn't get enough male companionship. Both extremes are remedied by hangin with some other men who you can identify with.

Guys are with just the others in their gender group- and get to work on the verbal and nonverbal interactions with both friends and strangers in a setting that can be very pleasurable. In my opinion, this seems to be lacking for a lot of guys- and it comes out as agression, depression, or something in between.

It's at its best when all the guys are being considerate to the others around them- and all members present are 'in the moment', aware of the other guys- and on the same level of comfort with one another. That's where the scene can be truely "CHILL" and the heat of the steam is most effective. Inhibitions, social walls, and towels will often fall as buddies enjoy the comraderie of group nudity.

It's at its worst when strangers or guys with an overt and rather intense external sexual agenda come in and make everyone else in the room feel like they are being examined, watched, peeped at, or otherwise creeped out. Quickly the fraternal dynamic dissolves as everyone quickly bails out due to the turd in the punchbowl.

Some guys don't look at it that way- they just want to come in, sit down on their ass, and sit in the steam. Maybe health clubs should invest in a few private shower stalls that have a steam setting that could be used as an isolation chamber. Wouldn't that be awesome- for both the excluded as well as the guy who won't risk being creeped out by the risk of hiding behind just a cotton towel.

The reality is, it's a social situation. There will always be people coming and going, and it will always be a mix of strangers, well-wishers, aquaintances, and friends. I think it comes down to learning the rules- and that comes with getting to know the people who share this very intimate space.

Whether you consider it a health option, a place to chat with buddies, or a semi-erotic scene, it's going to be treated differently by the wide and varied types of guys who use it. The best thing is to develop your interpersonal skills in being in a group of strangers- so you can learn to read the intensions of the others coming in the room. That way you can either stay and hang out, or leave if you feel uncomfortable in any way.

Draft saved Draft deleted