faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this sunday- 18 january
steelers or ravens?

i say steelers by 12.

hope... you'll be lucky to see 12 total points at halftime.

talk about an off year for the NFL... neither of these teams would have a shot vs the '07 Colts or '08 Pats.... and you've got pretty much two teams one game over .500 in the NFC. yikes... Ravens/Cardinals will prove AWFUL for ratings....much less 'historic' football.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hope... you'll be lucky to see 12 total points at halftime.

talk about an off year for the NFL... neither of these teams would have a shot vs the '07 Colts or '08 Pats.... and you've got pretty much two teams one game over .500 in the NFC. yikes... Ravens/Cardinals will prove AWFUL for ratings....much less 'historic' football.

That's what they said about the Giants chances last season vs the Patriots. I think all 4 teams are playing defense so well, that I'd like to see the 07 Colts and 08 Patriots beat these teams. Ravens have taken the ball away 8 times in 2 games and the Cardinals 9 times in 2 games. Steelers took it to the Chargers who beat Manning & the Colts, Peyton got his shot to win the game in regulation, He didn't get big points that day for a reason. The Colts looked like this in several games. Then you have the Eagles, two interceptions scored or led to a critical score that determined the outcome of both those games. What won it for them vs Vikings, was a couple of big plays. They beat the Giants by stuffing them two series in a row on 4th and short near mid-field.

I'm taking the Ravens, I know Pittsburgh has the better offense and the defenses are a toss up. I just am going with the odds, Pittsburgh will have to beat the Ravens 3X this season to get to the Super Bowl. When the teams are good, it's very difficult to beat the same team 3X.

In the NFC, I have the Eagles winning, but the Cardinals may just beat them and I wouldn't feel it was an upset after seeing them step up the past 2 games. Once is lucky, the second time, you might still think it was luck, but for the Cardinals to convincingly beat 3 playoff teams, the only reason is that they were better than others thought.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well it's the Cardinals vs Steelers. I was 0-2 for picking the winners this weekend, after being perfect the 2 weekends prior.

As for the winner of the Super Bowl, I'll pick the Steelers, but then again, the Cardinals are 60 minutes away from their 1st championship. Wish them the best too ! My Eagles made too many mistakes today, Cardinals used football judo on them in the 1st half, too many blitzes, their aggressive style was used against them. Arizona executed their game plan about as good as anyone could in the 1st half and was ahead 24-6. Eagles came back and took the lead though @ 25-24, but lost in the end 32-25 after an 8 minute drive by the Cardinals finished my team off (w/ no happy ending !).

B_nuketully

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
STEELERS!!!

It's wierd. I just moved to AZ too and the cards won, so I was happy. I'm a die hard Steelers fan though!

Steelers 31 - Cardinals 13

Denby

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
2 great games and both of the teams I wanted to win did. Now on to Tampa where I hope the Steelers continue on their winning streak.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll bet the line will favor the Cards

originally was going to root for the Steelers (since from the beginning of the season I was saying it would be the Titans and the Cards, and I had decided to root for the Titans)

but now, I'm not so sure -- I may become a Cards fan

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
afc championship
final score 23-14.
steelers beat ravens by 9.

steelers vs. cardinals at superbowl XLIII, 1 feb. 2009

trivia: the ravens were named after edgar allen poe's poem "the raven". (poe was from baltimore, but wrote his best stuff while
living in philly.)

Last edited: