Stepping beyond sex

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Nrets, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Nrets

Nrets Member

How much importance do you place on whether a man will be able to take on some threat such as a mugger in a dark alley? Do you attribute a man's ability to protect you from his attitude or his body size, or both?

2. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Massivley!

If he cant protect me, i wouldnt quite respect him as much.

3. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

It is important, and all about their attitude, ability, and experience.

There's no way I could date a pacifist, but at the same time, I wouldn't want someone just itching for a fight at an slight provocation. For me the ideal is someone who can discern between a time to resist, fight, run, or let it go. I feel this is a valuable character trait in a person.

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Yeah that would be cool. But I'm usually the aggressive one, so I don't care.

5. Bellatrix

Bellatrix New Member

Albums:
    It's one of the strongest parts of physical attraction for me, knowing that a man will protect me, and keep me safe.

6. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

and want too ...

7. Principessa

Gold Member

Both

I agree.

8. B_sadfeet

B_sadfeet New Member

omg that's so gay

9. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I never even think about that when I'm considering someone to date. (besides... I prefer pacifists! :smile: But I do believe in self defense, and if he will do that, that's fine by me). I'd prefer if I could protect myself, though.

10. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

No use having a cock if he's a big pussy

11. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

It's not so much that a man is physically able to protect me, it's much more important to me that he isn't a coward - whatever someone's size is they shouldn't be so afraid of anything that they never stand up. I'm not a fan of physical violence, but it is important that someone isn't so frightened of physical violence that they avoid certain situations because of it.

12. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wonder why women say they want a tall/big guy to protect them? I sometimes think they just want to be with a bigger guy so that other men don't flirt or hit on them. Is that what they mean by protect? Other guys don't seem to ever look at a girl if she's with me. I see them looking away like they don't want me to catch them looking. I guess they know I'll knock their teeth out if they ever even glance at my girl.:cool:

13. Principessa

Gold Member

14. Bellatrix

Bellatrix New Member

Albums:
    No, I mean protect as in being healthy, not frail. Physically, as well as mentally. It's been my experience that men always flirt with, and hit on married women. My husband, just sits back and enjoys it.

15. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Exellent question!

I place a lot of it and I didn't realize how vulnerable I felt until after I broke up with a bf years ago. He was 6'6" and a rugby player in Europe. I can say that when I was in the Haufbrau haus at Oktoberfest, the Italians at the table, were awful! The worst gauntlet and I wasn't forewarned about it. Later I was with the guy tha would later be my boyfriend and I told him I don't want to walk through there, the Italians are really awful. He said, they won't touch you, I promise. He's right, they were groping every woman walking past that was packed in the tables (it was crowded). He walked behind me and no one touched me.

Later when I was single and out with some friends in a bar district (had broken up with the rugby player) a guy friend was with my roommate. This drunk guy on the sidewalk started a fight with me, because I shot him down and told him to F off when he started harrassing my roommate. My guy friend got behind me and was restraining me. 1) he cannot see the asshole in front of me if he is behind me and I"m not a dude. 2) It was a pussy move to hold me back instead of get infront of me and that guy's face. 3) That guy almost connected w/ my face.

I wasn't friends with that guy ever again and he thinks he saved me that night. I was embarrassed that it ever happened. No "man" would ever restrain a woman if she is being attacked. I kind of missed the deterent of my ex-bf. As a matter of fact the one guy friend I have right now is 6'7" and I know that it's something I like having, the protection of someone really tall around me.

It's situations like that or military men that I hung out with, that I never had to worry about someone crossing the line. I knew I had a built in boundary around me.

Draft saved Draft deleted