Stepping Down as Moderator

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
why stay at a place that treated you like this? the more i read about this site the less i like it.
This use to be a small site and then for a variety of reasons it mushroomed from less than 10,000 to 100,000 quickly. It changed this place. There is no way it could not change it.

when life gives you lemons make lemonade with it. The LPSG sometimes is a sou lemon, but it is what you can find to get from it that makes it worthwhile.

Remember that many people are abused by other people. They have had some real hard knocks. Then they come here and all of that hate comes barreling through.

The trick is to find the people that you feel comfortable with. Find the topics that interest you. Put people who harass you on ignore and forget they exist. Then look for the things to enjoy.

Some mod decisions in the past have been like the infamous Supreme Court
5 to 4 rulings. So close a vote on a subject that totally changed the nation's history. So it is with the mod team.

Really, would you want to see 15 people who always came to the same conclusion on every subject running any organization?

There can be real strength in diversity if you look for it. You only have a few posts. I am honored that you have chosen to post here on my dismissal party. And that is what it is. A party.

No matter what life gives me, I will find something to get out of it. Life is a journey. YOu can enjoy the scenery as you go by or you can bitch because it isn't what you hoped it would be.

So it is with the LPSG. I don't have time to write down everything that has gone wrong here since I joined in 2004. If I could remember them all it would take weeks to get it done.

But why focus on that? Look for the good things that you can get here. I have learned so much about life and have grown from being here.

A chance to become frirends with people from other nations, other parts of the US other cultures, people with different religions than my own.

IN real life, I go to church and everyone believes the same things I do. Taht is why we all go to THAT church. I live in a small southern town. In some form or fashion I either am kin or have known a member of nealy every family for decades.

Here I get to meet new people, and experience new things. And I don't have to leave my computer to do it.

Hang iin there bud. I hope you find something that you really like. Let me rremind you that is is NOT against the ToS to be an asshole, So there are a few of them around. When they want to flash there famous body part, I just ignore it and find someone else or some other thread to visit.

Life is best lived this way. Otherwise it is going to be a living hell the entire journey.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have made a conscious decision to refrain from posting on this board for quite some time. Having said that, I just wanted to thank you for all that you have done. I know that you treated members fairly and tried to be just in your decisions. You were the one mod who I can recall going completely out of his way when the big load of crap concerning one other member came down. (right around the time that mods were instated) I can still recall your putting through a note to that member and while it may have only taken a few seconds it meant quite a lot to me. I have no doubt that most members who have had any dealings with you would have similar stories. You have remained level headed and, I believe, true to your values.

The funny part of this is that instead of making the board a better place it has, by way of the actions of the new owner, cemented it's place in my mind. I am very sorry to hear that after you put so much work into his board that you were discarded without a peep. Please know that while your time may not appear to have been appreciated by the person who benefited the most financially, your time was noticed and appreciated by the members who benefited personally by your being here. Best of luck in whatever you decide for the future.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My personal belief is that I wanted to cross all i's and dot all t's in making decisions and I questioned to many things. That was alluded to in my message, though not in those words.

Sudden image of AB-Fab's Patsy Stone snapping, "Don't question me!", springs to mind.

Heaven forbid due consideration be given. If that happened the decision might not go as planned.

I'm not the mirror on the wall but I can say truly that you have always been the fairest of them all. You never rushed to judgement, always took the time to carefully review a situation to see the bigger picture. Your calm and fairness made you a joy to work with even when we were at loggerheads.

You are the father of respectful disagreement. I'm shocked and disgusted that this could happen to you, of all people.

Your dismissal emphasizes the direction in which the current administration has the site spiraling. Perhaps, in a way, this is good as you'll no longer get caught in the sprayback.

P.S. I know your pain re: the reduced PM storage.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Moderators have unlimited storage in their pm box. When I reverted to being a member, I fell into the over the limit your box is 100 % full. Therefore I can not send nor receive pm's until I clear it out. Being a pack rat. This may take some time.

In the meanwhile, if anyone wants to contact me, send it to my e-mail address. I'll add that to my sig as a reminder to everyone.

Yup. Tried to pm you. Found you full. I guess I've written enough here.

Keep in touch.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sudden image of AB-Fab's Patsy Stone snapping, "Don't question me!", springs to mind.

Heaven forbid due consideration be given. If that happened the decision might not go as planned.

My you are one receptive person here! That was one of the reasons given in that I didn't to hold up decisions. Not in those words of course, but in general that could be a fair assessment.

I'm not the mirror on the wall but I can say truly that you have always been the fairest of them all. You never rushed to judgement, always took the time to carefully review a situation to see the bigger picture. Your calm and fairness made you a joy to work with even when we were at loggerheads.

You are the father of respectful disagreement. I'm shocked and disgusted that this could happen to you, of all people.

Thanks so much, Gillette. So many mods I served with in private or here have said the same thing. I'm beginning to get the big head! I really prided myself in not letting issues and friendships get mixed. If we are friends, then just becasue we disagree doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore, or it shouldn't.

Your dismissal emphasizes the direction in which the current administration has the site spiraling. Perhaps, in a way, this is good as you'll no longer get caught in the sprayback.

You are not the first person to say that. I hope that the site doesn't spiral out of control. But if it does, neither of us should catch hell for it!

P.S. I know your pain re: the reduced PM storage.
I bet you do. I remember you writing something in a post about it and thought that can't be that bad. Oh yes it can. I don't know how long it will take before I get my box back down to a member quota. I wish they would give former mods a month to clean out their box before letting the hammer down. but....

I don't see it happening, not in time for us.

Thanks for posting so much. This means a lot that you as a former mod would take the time and say such generous things about me.

I really did not know that I was that highly regarded as a person when it came to dealing with disagreements and having the calming affect.

I hope one of the mods will step up to the plate and play that role. I see several who can do it, I hope they all do.

Though under our system in place now, mods don't really have that much power to move mountains or dry up oceans, Most of the real power of direction is in the hands of the administrators or that is how I see it. I don't know how much Rob E participates in the administrators forum from day to day.

The administrators put in a tremendous amount of time. I don't see how either of them have the time to do what they do.

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Freddie! I'm sorry to hear that you have been relieved of your moderator duties. As a Christian I've always been glad to know that you were on the board helping to keep some balance to the site. You have come to my aid more than once and I've appreciated it greatly.

I'm very glad to know that you will be staying on as a member and hope to hear more from you in the future. Thanks for all your hard work, Love you!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Freddie! I'm sorry to hear that you have been relieved of your moderator duties. As a Christian I've always been glad to know that you were on the board helping to keep some balance to the site. You have come to my aid more than once and I've appreciated it greatly.

I'm very glad to know that you will be staying on as a member and hope to hear more from you in the future. Thanks for all your hard work, Love you!
Thanks. I do try to live a Christ like life as I understand what Jesus taught what was love, kindness, being unselfish etc. I don't think I do a good job sometimes, but I do try and thanks for noticing that.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie so sorry for the delay in replying to this thread but I haven't been around much and just found it today.

In my short time as a Mod I always found you fair and great to deal with in any context. You would take 3 paragraphs to say what would might take 2 sentences for some of the rest of us. But IMHO that was a strength. You might make some of us take things into account that we otherwise might have dismissed.

No team is effective where they all think similarly or operate in a similar way and for that reason I think the team here will be weakened by your departure. Decisions might be reached more quickly without you but I hope they will be correct and just. Time will tell.

Thanks for everything you have done over the years here and I hope you continue as a contributing member.