stereotypes of femininity

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
which of them are good, some are bad, some are a little of both.

long nails, high heels, skirts?
well they look beautiful and feminine, but they also have a foot binding like aspect to them...there's a lot of things you cannot do when you have them. you must sit a certain way to avoid exposing yourself, you can't run & jump, you'd struggle to change a tyre.

what about showing your emotions?

or being nurturing?

what about being physically smaller and more frail?

...so what do you embrace? reject? accept with a few reservations?

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a girly girl I love skirts, heels, long nails. I also wear my emotions on my sleeve and I am very nurturing to family and to anyone in my home. I am smaller though I don't think frail. I do scream when I see rats, spiders and snakes.
I have reservations about being so girly that men cannot relate to me at all but overall I embrace being a girly girl.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nia, do you think that having been male and craved to be female has made you go to the most extreme end of femininity?

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nia, do you think that having been male and craved to be female has made you go to the most extreme end of femininity?

It is that old debate of nature vs nurture. I did grow up in a household with a large extended family and the women are very feminine/girl and for a lack of a better term submissive which I think just added to my feelings of being very girly when i was very little. I think those 2 combination added my evolution into the woman I am now. But that was a great question.

Hugs

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
which of them are good, some are bad, some are a little of both.

long nails, high heels, skirts?
well they look beautiful and feminine, but they also have a foot binding like aspect to them...there's a lot of things you cannot do when you have them. you must sit a certain way to avoid exposing yourself, you can't run & jump, you'd struggle to change a tyre.

what about showing your emotions?

or being nurturing?

what about being physically smaller and more frail?

...so what do you embrace? reject? accept with a few reservations?

Femininity.... hmmm... such an elusive quality.

Having been in relationships with demure women and tough, shorter and taller, frilly and tomboyish... I have to say that I don't think any of those factor, really.

I think femininity is just one aspect of both men and women, and manifests as the compliment to masculine.

I think what makes a women the ideal of femininity has to do with how well her particular mix of traits, mixes with my own. Strong where I am weak, soft where I am hard, unyielding where I bend and receptive where I am forceful...
tempering and synergistic.

Does my body respond to her scent, her form, her voice with a sympathetic vibration?

Can she accept my attraction to her, on every level, as purely admiring, of coveting without claim? Does she enfold without owning?

Its not the shoes, but how she moves in them.
Not the length nor cut, nor color of the dress, but the shape that fills it.

I have never been with a woman who did not look her absolute best in the pale light of morning, unmade up, and undressed, and gazing at me with love and acceptance.

it ain't the lacy panties...
its that she thought to wear them,

and gave me a peek.

D_Ebensneezer_Spooge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
your vagina is your femininity...end of debate...jk...i dont wear dresses/skirts daily..makes more of an impact when u actually DO have a special occasion to dress for... but i like my hair nails and makeup on point most days unless i wake up late. :)

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately you have not seen Dolfie's pictures. She is uniquely an individual, but she is also very feminine. Her poses are sensual, beautiful, dangerous, expressive. She is caustic, sarcastic and opinionated, but by no means unfeminine. Now I will wait for her to flay me, a little.

D_Sandy_Krautch

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a very (traditionally) masculine energy in a lot of ways. Head strong, independent, straight forward, and generally unapologetic. I spend 75% of my time in gym clothes, with no makeup on. I haven't had long nails in years. I also have enough muscle to make a fair amount of men envious. Still, I have never had anyone say that I was anything other than feminine. I've heard "dripping sensuality" and "incredibly female" an awful lot, though.

That being said... I do like wearing skirts and heels. I do like feeling pretty, and wearing makeup. I just don't think those things are at all required to be very feminine.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
This isn't something I've thought much about, as I just go about life as I am without thinking about it. Whatever is effeminate (or not) about me is purely based on who I am and what I like.

I think high heels are pretty but I don't wear them as they inhibit my ability to do anything comfortably. I do wear makeup occasionally. I paint my nails but only because I enjoy it. I keep my fingernails short because I can't do much with them when they are long. If something inhibits my abilities it automatically gets a back burner.

As far as the emotional side of things go, I don't associate being frail and such as a feminine traits. When I think of femininity I think of an inner nurturing strength. Perhaps it's the mother in me but that's my automatic default in my head.

B_Coconutz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Femininity.... hmmm... such an elusive quality.

Having been in relationships with demure women and tough, shorter and taller, frilly and tomboyish... I have to say that I don't think any of those factor, really.

I think femininity is just one aspect of both men and women, and manifests as the compliment to masculine.

I think what makes a women the ideal of femininity has to do with how well her particular mix of traits, mixes with my own. Strong where I am weak, soft where I am hard, unyielding where I bend and receptive where I am forceful...
tempering and synergistic.

Does my body respond to her scent, her form, her voice with a sympathetic vibration?

Can she accept my attraction to her, on every level, as purely admiring, of coveting without claim? Does she enfold without owning?

Its not the shoes, but how she moves in them.
Not the length nor cut, nor color of the dress, but the shape that fills it.

I have never been with a woman who did not look her absolute best in the pale light of morning, unmade up, and undressed, and gazing at me with love and acceptance.

it ain't the lacy panties...
its that she thought to wear them,

and gave me a peek.

Thank you, I could'nt have put it any better.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find fault in assigning gender to traits. In fact, I think it is this genderization of traits that forms the nucleus around which sexism condenses: Men "are supposed to have" Y set of qualities. Women "are supposed to have" X set of qualities. Y qualities are masculine and X qualities are feminine, and any man with X qualities is feminine and that's bad, and any woman with Y qualities is masculine and that's bad.

I just don't buy into that reasoning.

Why can't we just have HUMAN qualities? Really? Why is it so hard to recognize that the variance in human beings isn't binary. There aren't just deep voices and high voices, but rather voices of every tone in-between. There aren't just nurturing people and neglectful people, but people of every capacity for care in-between. There aren't just fashionistas and slobs, but people of every state of dress in-between. Every single one of these qualities, whether displayed by a male or a female, is human.

B_Coconutz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find fault in assigning gender to traits. In fact, I think it is this genderization of traits that forms the nucleus around which sexism condenses: Men "are supposed to have" Y set of qualities. Women "are supposed to have" X set of qualities. Y qualities are masculine and X qualities are feminine, and any man with X qualities is feminine and that's bad, and any woman with Y qualities is masculine and that's bad.

I just don't buy into that reasoning.

Why can't we just have HUMAN qualities? Really? Why is it so hard to recognize that the variance in human beings isn't binary. There aren't just deep voices and high voices, but rather voices of every tone in-between. There aren't just nurturing people and neglectful people, but people of every capacity for care in-between. There aren't just fashionistas and slobs, but people of every state of dress in-between. Every single one of these qualities, whether displayed by a male or a female, is human.

I understand what you are saying, but we all have human desires. We want what we want. Nothing will ever change this.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do think hormones play a part on how we react to things but obviously no one reacts the exact same.
a transgender woman once told me that male emotions are nothing like female emotions. that until she started taking hormones she had no idea how different male and female emotions are. what are your experiences with hormones.

...i'm being a nosey bitch.