stereotypes of femininity

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you aren't emotionally numb than it is normal for you and that is ok.. We should never compare ourselves to others but love the individual we are.

Definitely not emotionally numb, I just don't do crying. It doesn't solve anything (I know it's not supposed to!) and just makes me feel worse. To be honest, I don't know what to do when people cry. I feel like I should be trying to fix things. I'm fitting pretty neatly into a MALE stereotype here :tongue:.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would say I'm as equally feminine as I am masculine. Knowing where, when, and how to use and exploit these traits is key.... Not to mention giving you a good balance in life.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Definitely not emotionally numb, I just don't do crying. It doesn't solve anything (I know it's not supposed to!) and just makes me feel worse. To be honest, I don't know what to do when people cry. I feel like I should be trying to fix things. I'm fitting pretty neatly into a MALE stereotype here :tongue:.

I even cry at some commercials it is sad how emotional I get. I don't force myself to cry it just occurs the worse is when I am angry instead of getting mad I cry.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I even cry at some commercials it is sad how emotional I get. I don't force myself to cry it just occurs the worse is when I am angry instead of getting mad I cry.

Actually, when I feel angry I do come close to crying. My mum is the same. Very frustrating because just when you really want to appear strong, all your energy is going into either crying, or trying not to! Grrrr!

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, when I feel angry I do come close to crying. My mum is the same. Very frustrating because just when you really want to appear strong, all your energy is going into either crying, or trying not to! Grrrr!

And I would ask: why does it appear weak to cry? Really? And where on earth do people come up with the assumption that crying is a feminine trait? People cry. What's more, all mammals cry. Male/Female - it doesn't matter. It doesn't appear weak to cry. It does appear weak to try to suppress the tears - but even that doesn't appear feminine.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And I would ask: why does it appear weak to cry? Really? And where on earth do people come up with the assumption that crying is a feminine trait? People cry. What's more, all mammals cry. Male/Female - it doesn't matter. It doesn't appear weak to cry. It does appear weak to try to suppress the tears - but even that doesn't appear feminine.

Personally, I don't believe that crying, in and of itself, is weak. However, I am well aware that many people DO see crying as weak. Thus, it isn't something I want to be doing when I need to appear to be strong. Plus it kinda sucks when you can't get your words out in a coherent manner because the tears and runny nose are getting in the way.