Stereotypes... run for cover!

B_enter today

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You also forgot Mexican's (which is what I am)

Mexicans, also called beaners or wetbacks. They're famous for having no less than six kids that they let run wild no matter the situation, as well as chasing a penny down the street if they have to. They eat tortillas night and day, and when they don't have something, they re-invent it to match their need (that includes making a bandaid out of toilet paper and tape :p)

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
YOU'VE forgotten the portuguese, a.k.a. 'pork'n'cheese' with their over preocupation for others lifes and less for their owns...
they love a good party, free if possible, in the middle of the street, eating bbq sardines, remembering the love and afection it takes to make oral sex with your wife! :D if the sound 'slurp' was a derivation of the verb eat - than the portuguese favorite past time would be 'slurping' your wife's sardine! :D

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
The new animated film Wall-E seems to poke fun at the American stereotype - the humans in it have become an extreme characature of today's American as viewed by the rest of the world.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
God bless you XCUZE.

I did indeed bottle the American stereotype, namely due to the explosive over reaction of folk like Marley.

This was to be a light hearted poke at how we ignorantly see other nations not an exercise in political correctness.

Interestingly, as a nation, do Americans know there is a stereotype of them out there? :wink:

I've seen a couple of the Carry On movies and the stereo types of Americans are included. They're usually dumb hick rubes or stupid blowhard politicians with no brains. They got it right.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Once more...

Stereotypes and generalizations WORK.

Go to Europe and look around....

See the fat assed fucks making unreasonable demands, wearing knit shorts and T-shirts every-damn place they go... including houses of worship that were hundreds of years in the building and already Old before there WAS a US?

yup... those would be the American tourists. Just try finding a POSTCARD photographed in the last 20 years that DOESN'T have some fat slob of an American uglying up the landscape....

The Greatest compliment my wife an I got on our last trip to Italy was that NOBODY assumed we were Americans...
They thought we were Italians, Spaniards, even French... but no one lumped us in with the fat assed t-shirt wearing ignoramuses that you can win Money on being Americans...

So... WE didn't fit the stereotype... clearly not ALL Americans are clothing retarded doofii...

But, lemme tell ya... There sure were an awful LOT of American tourists who wore shorts and t-shirts like it was proper attire to be seen in public... and they were MOSTLY of a weight that should not be sporting knit clothing in Private, much less in public.

Sorry... The Irish DO tend to drink a wee bit...
The Parisien French really ARE stuck up snobs...
And I have never seen so many mouths that had been UNDER serviced by dental science than in London....
And the Italians? they hardly work for the operatic attention they pay to meals....

Once more.... there are NO people who do not stereotype, who do not generalize, about others and about themselves.

What the fuck is a horoscope but a stereotype?

If Americans don't want to be thought of as classless jackasses who eat too many potatoes and soda....

Then they should READ about the rest of the world before they go there.... buy a fucking mirror and take a hard look at the visual effect they present...
throw their T-shirts into the rag bin... and buy some god damn LONG pants

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Perhaps Hootie wouldn't like Mr. C.O. Jones, (is there one in the phone book?)...

Discussing racism is a tad problematic here because people do not know enough verbal dexterity to deal with the vulgarities offered up as examples.

I feel completely left out because of a background that is Celtic and English and Quaker. I understand the origin of the term limey, and its a shrug. I guess it is because I have not hard to work pushed into my face ten thousand times.

I grew up isolated, moving around a lot and in a few other countries. I see where the French (obnoxious towards post War Americans) garner their names, and hostility towards Germany persisted until the Soviet Union caused the shifting of hatred towards them for the nuclear ambitions they expressed.

Everyone the whole world around, hates someone else, recalling a Tom Lerher song.

Someone else can do the honors of an audio link.

Oddly, people have arrived on these boards and profess to be anti racial and blister people with their opinions.