Steve Harvey's Dating Advice

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Steve Harvey's Dating Advice
I would never in a million years have thought I would take dating advice from Steve Harvey (I couldn’t watch his TV show), but he was on ”Today” this morning promoting his new bestselling book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, and he actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about. The only thing I’m not sure about is his suggestion that we wait 90 days before giving a guy any “cookies.” By cookies, I think he means sex. If you were dating a guy and didn’t do anything physical for three months, wouldn’t he just up and leave?

The 3 P's of Love
Profess
Provide
Protect

Apparently all three P's must be in place for the man to be in love. :confused: IMO - the 90 day rule, that doesn't always work. For one thing I'm impatient and I may not feel like wasting 3 months on a guy who I later find out doesn't like the same "cookies" I do. :wink: :cool:

EL_Duderino

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If after 3 months i didn't get any i would assume you were not interested in me, no matter what you told me. thats that stupid old mind trick where a guy is getting any for so long that he starts to obsess over getting some there for fools himself into thinking he cares more about you then he does. SCREW THAT!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If after 3 months i didn't get any i would assume you were not interested in me, no matter what you told me. thats that stupid old mind trick where a guy is getting any for so long that he starts to obsess over getting some there for fools himself into thinking he cares more about you then he does. SCREW THAT!
What about when the guy is the one holding out for 90 days +? :confused: That happend to a friend of mine and she finally got bored with what she called the friend zone and dropped him. :cool: We still wonder what it was about her that turned him off. They saw each other frequently but other than some kissing there was nothing one would describe as foreplay or even making out. :confused: Maybe he was gay? :eek::confused:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know a guy who makes women wait a long, long time. It might even be three months. It might be longer. I'll have to check my blog. LOL But anyway, his problem was that he'd once managed to impregnate a woman about whom he deeply cared. He believed that love was mutual, until she got pregnant. She told him she was going to carry to term, and then, after he was already emotionally invested in their baby, she terminated. He's never recovered. He feels that things would never have gotten so far with her if he'd not been sexual with her so quickly. He feels that he'd have seen her more clearly, sooner, if he hadn' been sleeping with her. I wouldn't say we weren't physical, though. The make-outs were awesome. There was also the one time he fngered me to orgasm, and I stroked him until he made me stop and go home. I asked him if I could blow him, and he almost let me...

Anyway, while we were waiting, we discovered some serious incompatibilities and stopped seeing each other romantically. I wish we could have had sex anyway. Still, maybe he's right. We would have had incredible sex, if we'd had sex. Maybe we'd have let the great sex keep us together longer than neccesarry. I've certainly seen it happen to other people.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I think that nearly all "dating advice" writers are wrong!

Basically, they ignore the two most essential words that are true advice...

BE YOURSELF.