1
13788
Guest
roedhunt: "CROCODILE hunter Steve Irwin deserved a medal for promoting Australia's interests overseas and the media should stop demonising him", NSW Premier Bob Carr said yesterday.
Mr Irwin, a star in America, sparked international outrage last week when footage was released of him feeding a 4m crocodile while holding his month-old son Bob.
Mr Carr said Mr Irwin made a mistake but it was time for the media to stop pursuing him.
He said Mr Irwin had been under intense pressure and was confused like a crocodile caught in the lights when he said he would do it again.
Per CNN:
The acting premier of Queensland state, Terry Mackenroth, said Saturday Irwin would not face charges after the Department of Families contacted Irwin and his wife Terri.
"They (the Irwins) claim that the child was not in danger. They understand people's concerns and have assured Children's Services that it won't happen again," Mackenroth told the Australian ABC radio service.
Per BBC News:
The state's Families' Department confirmed it was seeking unedited copies of the tape from the Irwin family to assess whether workplace health and safety regulations were breached.
Mr Irwin said he had a tape from the zoo which showed his son was not in danger.
"[This] will give you another angle so all that ugly stacked-up vision of me looking like I endangered my child will be put to bed very quickly," he said.
Mr Irwin, a star in America, sparked international outrage last week when footage was released of him feeding a 4m crocodile while holding his month-old son Bob.
Mr Carr said Mr Irwin made a mistake but it was time for the media to stop pursuing him.
He said Mr Irwin had been under intense pressure and was confused like a crocodile caught in the lights when he said he would do it again.
Per CNN:
The acting premier of Queensland state, Terry Mackenroth, said Saturday Irwin would not face charges after the Department of Families contacted Irwin and his wife Terri.
"They (the Irwins) claim that the child was not in danger. They understand people's concerns and have assured Children's Services that it won't happen again," Mackenroth told the Australian ABC radio service.
Per BBC News:
The state's Families' Department confirmed it was seeking unedited copies of the tape from the Irwin family to assess whether workplace health and safety regulations were breached.
Mr Irwin said he had a tape from the zoo which showed his son was not in danger.
"[This] will give you another angle so all that ugly stacked-up vision of me looking like I endangered my child will be put to bed very quickly," he said.