Stick thin men are fashionable, why?!?

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love being 1.8m and 61kg. All you people who don't like skinny dudes:

Send over all the haterade you feel like. I can drink it all and not gain a pound.

D

deleted213967

A not-so-minor detail we seem to be forgetting here is that the models are only vehicles to sell menswear. Designers choose models not because they represent the public (they NEVER did) but because they are good ambassadors for their ware.

I have been looking at some men's fashion photos since this thread opened and I have to admit the variety of men types (while still limited) is still richer than it was 20 years ago.

Tall, dark, handsome doesn't necessarily mean weak, and conversely beefy may simply mean fat and muscle-inefficient.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Dear njqt466:

I'd say any male who is 6', 145 pounds, and has a 28" waist is the perfect weight for someone about 2 lbs above organ death! Sound's a bit bony to me.

(For those not in the USA or older than 40 and live in the UK, 2 lbs is slightly less than 1 kilo.)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Well, I've kinda learned to accept my build as it is. I don't think it's impossible, but I don't have a lifestyle that affords me to eat relentlessly and kill a few hours at the gym. There was a bit of time that I actively tried to gain weight. I would drink protein shakes on a daily basis to try to pack on the calories. Between that and following lifting routines, I felt a little dazed and definitely didn't have much guidance to go on. I don't look bad now, but I'm not going stir-crazy. I'm postponing the repush toward fitness when I work less, and that'll happen once I get some financial things back in order. Time well tell.

For running myself rather ragged at times, I think I look decent with my shirt off, even if I'm probably more likely to attract a smaller segment of the population compared to those who prefer their men a little more filled out. It doesn't bother me. I've dated larger women and skinnier ones. It's what went on between the ears as well that got me.

But, you know, I gotta say one thing. I don't know how much about the fashion guy you were talking about, but I've watched enough shows and runways to think that all these model people really look the same, don't they? Who looks like that? Okay, I get it; some do. To be perfectly coiffed and tightly muscled up and shaven and kinda straddling that pretty boy line, it still seems a little too done up to me anyway.

Oh well. I know how to dress myself. I guess I'm off to a good start. And if you want to see how hard I can drive my dick into you... well... let's start with a steak dinner and see where it goes.

mickswim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
wow - i ain't followed all postings - but agree with what i had /
have / will someday ... :)

Philly05

Experimental Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It has definitely been a trend across many entertainment industries. Hollywood action stars are probably 50 pounds lighter than 15-20 years ago. Vin Diesel and Jet Li have replaced Arnold and Stallone. Most men are now more concerned with having abs than biceps. I guess it fits with the whole metrosexual thing. We cant have big muscular men since they would be flowing with testosterone rather than in touch with their EQ. That being said, I still get plenty of looks from coeds but older women absolutely drool over my physical size.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love being 1.8m and 61kg. All you people who don't like skinny dudes:
Send over all the haterade you feel like. I can drink it all and not gain a pound.
No haterade from me dude. :smile:

The fashion industry needs emaciated, effeminate males to match their emaciated, androgynous females, just like the right handbag needs the right shoes.
hahaha What type man goes with spectator pumps?:tongue::confused:

Due to stress last fall, I went from 156 to 136 lbs. At 5'9", I looked good for awhile until some friends said I looked 10 years older with a face like Andy Warhol.
Well, the stress is mostly gone, now, and I have gained everything back plus five. People seem to like me better this way.
Hmm, but how do you like you?

NJ- Interesting article ... and as for your concern over breaking a skinny man ... take a look at rodeo cowboys sometime ;) I think you're just fine.
I haven't been to a rodeo in ages; but you are right. To be fair, I think I should probably sleep with a few of these hot, hung, skinny guys. :flirt: Prejudging them based on their weight was wrong of me. :redface:

Of course, there is a difference between being Skinny and being Trim. I think those swimmer bodies can be quite attractive, but people need to have some sort of muscle definition.
Oooo yes! Swimmers often have hot bodies. :wink::cool:

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The trend towards skinny guys is definately there. I agree that it has more to do with society's obsession with youth than anything else. I live in a country where it is perfectly acceptable for women to be carrying a little weight but a big no-no for men to do so. Thus, I have to work really hard to maintain my weight at around 160 lbs (at 6'1 1/2 inches). A couple of pounds more is ok but any more than that and I start being ridiculed for being "pudgy".

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
NJ, I just joined a gym today. So give me a few months and hopefully I can bulk up and add some much needed poundage. :wink:

I am about 5'10" and the last time I weighed myself, I was like 130-135. What weight range do you think would be good for someone my height? Anyone?

I want to put on muscle so bad, hopefully girls will start notcing me once I do.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh GOD no... Now they want men to be Nicole Richie skinny? I'm sorry, but I don't find overly thin men or women attractive at all. I get sick of these supposed fashion designers (especially overweight ones) trying to tell people how everyone should look. I don't give a damn about how today's hot man looks in GQ. My men need to have some meat on them and be a lil' rough on the edges. Not some overly boney dude whose so thin, you can't tell if his abs are visible due to starvation or a cocaine overdose.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJ, I just joined a gym today. So give me a few months and hopefully I can bulk up and add some much needed poundage. :wink:

I am about 5'10" and the last time I weighed myself, I was like 130-135. What weight range do you think would be good for someone my height? Anyone?

I want to put on muscle so bad, hopefully girls will start notcing me once I do.
Don't worryy about it, you have enough weight where it counts. :flirt:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Thin men are not fashionable. Maybe a few young good looking thin men are fashionable. I think you find young and good looking men (and women) are always fashionable. Anyways models are only like shop window mannequins that move a bit and you are only sipposed to look at them, not touch them in case they break :tongue:

BigPug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Who cares if he's talking about women? Isn't it cool to have a place where we are just men and not worried about labels.

Skinny does not do it for me. I like men beefy and meaty. I don't want to feel like I could break them with a bear hug.