Still rather odd...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rugbypup, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, I don't get it, a while back I was experiencing something strange in my little box of an apartment. Something was vibrating, almost rocking my bed at night. You may recall me posting about it before.

Well, for some time it's behaved and I simply wrote it off to my building moving in the wind, maybe a minor earthquake or even some form of internal building vibration.

This morning, if I didn't know better it was rocking, not a wobble or a vibration, rocking!

I checked the seismic drums, nothing, checked the weather, still as a mill pond and it was too early for general life in the building to be causing it.

I lay there for a moment just to see if it was my imagination but no, it bloody wasn't something was rocking my bed, as soon as I showed any sign of awareness, it stops, instantly.

It's not frightening, in fact, it's extremely comforting but none the less perturbing that it's happening. I didn't ask for it and I don't know what it is.

I'm desperately seeking a logical explanation but nothing is presenting itself as an answer.

I have noticed, if I have the TV off, the lights off, the windows shut and the fan off, it's far, far stronger in it's occurrence than if any one of these is on or open. Why on earth would sleeping in a cool, dimly lit room with a TV on in the background not make my basket rock at night?

If i felt threatened I would seek help, but I don't want what ever it is to think it can freely interact with me with out my permission, that truly frightens me.

I have a big burly wolf protector but he lives too far away to pop round and make me feel safe, not his fault, just one of the many prices one pays for having a long distance mate. Furthermore, of my pack mates here, I'm probably the most open minded to what it might be, so they are no help.

Has anyone experienced this before?

What can I do, please, your insights are most welcome.

I just want to curl up in my basket at night and not worry.

Pup, x.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I don't know what to say except maybe have a building inspector come and check out the property. I used to live in a place that had vibrations from the subway running under the building (to the point that bricks were falling inside the chimney to the hearth). You have not told us how far you live from an expressway or a natural running water system. Get some piece of mind so you can make the decision to move or stay depending on the severity of the problem.

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm in the middle of a city but we have no underground or subway and I'm more than a distance from any heavy traffic.

Baffled too?

4. sexualnapalm

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My brain ALWAYS goes to the paranormal first because that is just the way my brain works. I suggest contacting GHI. Ghost Hunters International. If there's anything there they can either debunk it and tell you what is causing it or they can tell you what is going on paranormal wise.

Or you can tell me and my extremely wild imagination to bugger off! ;)

5. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you to those who have sent me messages of their perseption of what the situation may be. I'm old enough to know there is more to life than heaven and earth and do not think you crack pots, unless you are making personal assumption and are way off the mark, then I'll happily tell you so, lol.

I did have a friend pass in the last 4 months, who was kind to me but alas I can not say were very close friends, but the circumstances of his death deeply saddened all that knew him. I think of him from time to time that's true though I am not truly grieving for him, perhaps more for his family, either way he will be missed.

That said, this situation began long before he died, plus I believe I met him in a dream one night not long after he died and he kinda let me know he was 'fine' (for want of a better word), so I do not think it is him.

I have considered talking to 'it' to ask 'it' to leave me alone, but I must admit a slight curiosity as to the nature of things, I'm not fearful of it, just of what it's doing. I'm also perhaps hesitant to actually open a dialog with whatever 'it' may be. I do not wish to actively encourage it.

Thank you for your insights, all are welcome.

Thank you, pup, x.

6. crescendo69

Gold Member

I've felt my bed rocking, too, at times. I do have some inner ear problems that cause dizziness and extreme nausea, but they weren't present at the time. Also, my headboard and bed frame are separate units, so it might be a gentle rocking behind my head that I am feeling. But it's only been less than 10 times in the last several years.

Or is it my late lover, shifting around restlessly in ghostly form, as he used to do?:eek:

7. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    There is indeed a history of inner ear problems in my family, though thankfully I have never shown any symptoms of affliction with the condition. Neither do I have a headboard, just a base, mattress and linen. My bed does touch two walls in my apartment so I do effectively sleep in a corner, lol.

While I have felt doors slamming, bangs and knocks and other such neighborly signs of life, they are distinctly different from when my bed rocks. It feels more akin to a small earthquake but there is never anything on the city's seismic drums to support that.

It's gently and comforting but it shouldn't be happening. Nor are there water pipes in these walls.

I do not feel calling a full ghost investigation for a randomly rocking bed would be warranted either, but thanks for that suggestion.

My sympathies for your late lover also, Crescendo69.

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Hm, not to doubt your problems, but I would suggest a visit to a doctor soon, namely a neurologist, or an audiologist to check for inner ear balance problems.

9. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take no offense, though I've suffered no noticeable symptoms that would make me think I need to get a medical check up. I'm familiar with the hassles caused by inner ear issues and thankfully, I'm not afflicted.

I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation, just buggered if I know what it could be, lol.

10. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    My blood pressure makes me feel something similar to this just as I am going to sleep or just waking. It has to do with vascular relaxation-- your body is tenser than you know when you are conscious compared to sleeping-relaxed. I have been informed that though I like a lot of blankets, in fact my body radiates a lot more heat when I'm asleep than when I'm awake. This correlates with what would be expected due to vascular relaxation.

Not very spooky or romantic; sorry.

11. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is intriguing!

I do apparently have elevated blood pressure and I too generate way too much heat when I'm sleeping.

Are you saying the rocking sensation is a barely conscious acknowledgment of my own muscles relaxing?

Please, can you tell me more?

12. GayFrog

GayFrog Member

It could very well be paranormal activity. We live with an old gentle that liked to smoke his pipe in our den and living room. Many times we would smell pipe tobacco smoke yet neither of us smoke let alone a pipe. By inviting him to stay but insisting he smoke on the patio, we have not smelt it in our home, but on occasion have done so on the patio.
    We have had friends tell us they have seen an old man peering through the guest room window. i have yet to see him but I do feel his presence at times, a drift of air movement or a brush on the arm or shoulder.

"If i felt threatened I would seek help, but I don't want what ever it is to think it can freely interact with me with out my permission, that truly frightens me".

By asserting your authority over such a presence it will cease. Let it know it is welcome and set the boundaries. Be firm about. If it meant you harm you would have experienced that by now I would think.

Good Luck

#12 GayFrog, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  13. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    It is your ear, or a mattress spring, or your physical system giving you this impression. No ghost, no boogie man. Masturbate and go to sleep will ya

14. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Check for yourself whether the rocking is in time with your pulse rate at all. Try relaxing by counting your inhalations and exhalations and correlating them to your heartbeat, so that bit by bit you slow down your breathing as well as your pulse.

Also try to consciously relax hands and feet so that more blood pours into your extremities, so that you can feel pulse in your fingers and toes.

If this study accounts for any part of what you have experienced, that's likely it. If not, then hey, it may be spooks after all.
    :rolleyes:

15. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Try a simpler solution: move the bed away from two walls. Only have it touching one wall. There's probably some vibration running along the walls that is being transferred to your bed.

Sklar

16. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    All I know is thats how the movie the Exorcist started and we all know how that ended. Even the Priest died. But for real there could be a logical explanation for it but there could also be a paranormal explanation as well. Keep your options and your mind open and good luck :)

Draft saved Draft deleted