Stitches bust open?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Rommette, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ok.....I have a relative who recently gave birth to a baby. It was maybe 2 weeks ago. Today she said her stitches bust open for no reason but I keep thinking it happened because she was having sex before she was healed. Doctors usually say to wait 6-8 weeks until the follow up and when they give the ok. I was there when he was born and trust me....that baby was huge :eek: and split her wide open! I was wondering if there were any females on lpsg that had given birth and could tell me what they think happened.

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

After two weeks the scar is superficially healed but not really up to anywhere near its normal strength, she should have waited till the full 6 week post natal period was up, at that point her scar would have been looked at to make sure it had healed properly.

3. MickeyLee

Gold Member

stitches can pop/tear from sudden movements, lifting something too heavy.. or the stitches just fail. it's not the uber common but happens often enough to hear women talking about the nightmares of infections and medical issues resulting from a bad repair.

depending on the severity of her tear/episiotomy (just surface tissue or down into muscles/nerves) she might take up to two months to heal properly. she needs to make an appointment or go walk-in to see her doctor. she needs to be checked for healing, there is a slight possibility she might need to be restitched.

personally.... two week old baby and filleted cunt.. i seriously doubt she was working on the next baby.

4. NotSoDumb_Blonde

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ouch, never had this happen. I can't imagine, but she could have torn her stitches for other reasons...I mean, scary, right? Having sex so quickly after? Did she go to the doc? I hope so....

5. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Oh after two weeks they'd have taken her stitches out anyway, I presume she meant the scar line ripped open?

Draft saved Draft deleted