Stolen pictures?

D_Johnson Withernads

Just Browsing
Media
Can't really see why you should be? You've obviously been here long enough to be a real part of the community here, and as for pictures being stolen from you, you run just as great a risk here as on any other site on the net that you may post them on.

If you're saying you have pics in your gallery that aren't of you though, and you don't know where they originated from or have permission to reproduce them, then yes, I'd say they probably should be removed to be on the safe side. You could always keep them in an offline personal collection if that's what floats your boat.

I/we don't post pics here, but we are always seeing people having their accounts closed on flickr for rebroadcasting others pics without permission.

Not my call, but I'd imagine that's the position the mod's would have to take.

D_Johnson Withernads

Just Browsing
Media
Then I'd say it all depends on whether you have permission to show those other pics here.

If you don't, then legally you shouldn't be. Can't see you having a drama though unless someone calls you out on a pic to the mods, or the owner of the pic finds it on a trawl on the web (using tineye or something similar).

Ironically this thread has probably made that all the more likely.

I know what you mean in that you can just love a pic and want to share it with others, but the legal position that you'd put the site and yourself in, should someone start going on about copyright, would surely give the mods no other choice than removing the pics or banning the member concerned.

Depends how these other pics are licensed too, for example if it's a creative commons license then I don't believe there'd be an issue. Of course most people have no clue about the license or the origin of the pics they like and find on the web though.

Your call lightkeeper. Check with the mods if you're that bothered.

D_Johnson Withernads

Just Browsing
Media
I know this thread and the expected response is really what CountryGuy has said already, but that's not the root of the problem. The root of the problem is having the permission to post those pics.

Of course it'd be nice if people didn't try to pass themselves off as others too...

BoxersguyNJ

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Looking at the list of moderator actions (currently closed), I see many members have been cited for "stolen picures?"

I'm almost afraid now to add to discussions or my albums. :eek:

WOW !!!!! I really enjoyed looking at all your PIC albums ....every album was really excellent !!!!

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unless copywrited, aren't all photos uploaded onto the web public domain?

Nope. If you took the image you own the rights to it unless you specify otherwise. For example if I decided to use one of your fabulous gallery images in a Times Square billboard, I would be violating the copyright of the image as it's a picture you took and you own.

Holy crap.....im so HOT i can hardly wait for us to get to Trade Marks and Intellectual Property rights.......OMG...i can hardly contain myself....

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
watermark your pics

never understood the point of people posting fake pics online. why would you want fake admiration? i remember several years ago someone created a profile on myspace with my pics. whats the hell was the point?

i guess you gotta be fat as hell or ugly as sin to understand why some people do that.