Stoner falling in love. Weed makes me compassionate but paranoid

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by 7"24, Oct 31, 2011.

1. 7"24

7"24 Member

Albums:
    Anyone else fallen in love and happens to smoke every night. It's an interesting dynamic I only smoke at night by self because it has solved my migraines and add. I have recently started dating my first boyfriend and he is my first relationship since starting smoking two years ago. In two years of smoking daily I can tell you I have a full time job, make good money, have never gotten in trouble for it. And people don't know unless they are good friends. I feel like Weed has opened me up emotionally and made me more compassionate for people and my outlook on life in general.

To get to the point how many of you smoke and have fallen in love with someone, or had to come to terms with who you are while high. I feel more emotional and in touch with my boyfriend and I value him so much I never want to be with anyone else ever. I don't know I'm sure it's just me as a person but I just think its amplified on Mary Jane. Now If I could get the balls to ask him to smoke with me well be on track, that would be a mind blowing sexual experience.

2. shard38

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right... You almost broke up with him because he wanted you to buy him and his friends alcohol... But know you want him to smoke with you?

3. 7"24

7"24 Member

Albums:
    First of all get your shit straight I was never mad he asked me to buy alcohol at the time we hadn't been able to chill and I was mad that I thought he was using me at the moment to buy him alcohol. So stfu. We don't get to spend to much time together so we had been miscommunicating. He only asked me once I'm not mad about it. And maybe you need to do a little research into weed before you start attacking the subject. He already smoked with his friends on occasion.

4. fuglybaby

fuglybaby Member

dude...just ask him next time you guys are alone :) if he says no, move on. If he says yeah, light up a fatty. the trick is to not let it become a big deal.

5. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. dolfette

Gold Member

stoners are always telling me how much better they are stoned.

thus far, not a single one of them has been right.

you want to get him involved with illegal drugs that have been linked to mental illness and could, should he ever get caught, ruin his life? just so he'll be more fun for you? that's shitty and selfish.

#6 dolfette, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  7. aninnymouse

Gold Member

Sweetie, he's already indicated that his guy has experimented with pot in the past.

Also, according to many unbiased research studies, the jury is still out on Pot. Note that it is legal medically in numerous states, and decriminalized in many others.

My take. Ask him how he feels about it. DON'T pressure him. Just sort of casually feel him out. Do be mindful that he has his own stuff going on, and is a high school student, 18 or no; and oftentimes, High School students can be subject to drug testing. Also, many jobs, and even some other post secondary schools/programs do drug tests. Marijuana stays in your system for up to 30 days, more if you're a heavy smoker. You both need to make the best decision for him and his future. If that means him not smoking, then that means him not smoking.

8. shard38

Gold Member

Albums:
    Chill out.... You're post about the alcohol turned into a whole tread about the dangers of underaged drinking and you completely agreed. I don't understand why your friend can't get a beer, but you're considering encouraging him to smoke weed with you.

I really don't think I should do research into weed. I happen to work for an organization that researches and promotes medicinal cannabis...

9. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Weed makes me paranoid too, lol - I've avoided it for yrs now.

Just for the record, a number of mates of mine ended up with anxiety/paranoia after smoking for several yrs, so I've kinda got a vendetta against it. :p

#9 Joll, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  10. Fuzzy_

Gold Member

Weed makes Fluffy nervous and paranoid, so Fluffy gave up on it many years ago. Fluffy doesn't understand how anybody can enjoy it.

11. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    As far as illegal, I agree. Getting him involved with something that is illegal is dangerous and not in his best interest. However, the link with mental illness has yet to be proven, although it does increase paranoia in many patients. I think it's medicinal benefits far outweigh its disadvantages. I think it is certainly less dangerous than other prescriptions with far worse side effects.

As far as smoking with your partner, or fb, or lover I think as long as it doesn't endanger their job it is ok to talk or offer but always be respectful of his response. Its his body/life so his decision.

12. dolfette

Gold Member

medical and recreational are two different issues.

i've spent my entire life surrounded by various stoners, and not one of them who wasn't made more of a selfish, paranoid tosspot by taking it whilst claiming it makes them nicer.

13. B_Bjen2848

B_Bjen2848 New Member

Weed makes everything better ... EVERYTHING

14. dolfette

Gold Member

it's not that i dislike weed, it's that i think we're a society of fucking morons.

booze, opiates, weed, tobacco. all things nature created which we could use, in moderation, to treat illnesses and improve health. instead people take it for fun, take it in excess, then look surprised when it fucks up their health.

it's so juvenile.

15. B_Bjen2848

B_Bjen2848 New Member

Weed doesn't fuck up your health

16. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry, still a drug virgin, and yes, I know marijuana is technically not a drug. But I still don't do it. Mental alterations are not my thing - I have enough to deal with physical altering things like food.

17. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fluffy has seen the results and damaged lives in a number of ppl. Fluffy can do without it, thanks.

18. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Who the fuck is Fluffy?

19. monel

Gold Member

Fuzzy can't keep his pseudonyms straight. Fuzzy needs to put the joint down and lay off the pot for a while. Then Fuzzy's head will clear and he'll no longer think he's Fluffy.

20. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    So he says "Fluffy" whenever his head gets fuzzy.

Draft saved Draft deleted