Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Weed doesn't fuck up your health

Unfortunately, I think you need to research that. It affects your body in ways you don't even imagine.

I've smoked it. Not my favorite feeling, but I don't dislike it or anyone who does. However, stating that it does "not" affect your health negatively, is just not true. I've witnessed it :frown1:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dependency on anything is never good. I don't need drugs to be happy or compassionate, etc. I think a lot of it (the compassion) is in your head anyway and that is just your way of moralising, justifying or downplaying your obvious addiction.

Every night for two years is a lot.

fuglybaby

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's not that i dislike weed, it's that i think we're a society of fucking morons.

booze, opiates, weed, tobacco. all things nature created which we could use, in moderation, to treat illnesses and improve health. instead people take it for fun, take it in excess, then look surprised when it fucks up their health.

it's so juvenile.

I do partially agree with you on this dolfette.

I've done enough..."stuff"...to see/know just about all the views that this topic can, and will, generate. I don't think we are a society of morons (most of us, anyways) I think it's just a lack of overall education. I'm not saying we need to learn the effects that substances can have on the body/mind (they already do that in grade school) I think society just needs to be re-educated on the concepts of moderation and personal limits.

As for the OP, like i said in an earlier post, just ask. If he says no, move on. If he says ok, then its "puff, puff, pass" time. Ultimately, it's his decision. He's going to have to think about the results and potential consequences himself. The main thing is that you guys don't let this get blown out of proportion and ruin your relationship. You know where you stand on the topic of mary jane, let him find his own stance. Support his choice no matter what, just like you would want his support when you reach a decision for yourself.

flawdatiger

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Folks, weed is not harmless but that is not the point of this post.

I've dated a weed smoker and it was a TERRIBLE experience, but that is also not the point.

If you can only feel the depths of your love while high, you should already know it's not going to work out.

7"24

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I feel my point of this post was taken a little out of context. First of all believe what you want weed is not bad for you. Yes I have smoked almost every night for two years but it's not even a bowl a day and if you met me on the street I look like a normal clean cut well educated 24 year old. I believe the cannabis plant is here for a reason. You are right it does effect your body in ways to cant imagine and I happen to believe those are positive ways. My migraines which are genetic have been CURED by marijuana. My immune system is stronger, weed actually dilates your blood vessels and bronchial areas actually improving oxygen flow in the lungs. My point wasnt to have a debate about whether its good for you or not, I already know it is. My point was how when I am high how mind blowing love can be. Believe me I feel love sober I am in love with my boyfriend, I jus wondered of anyone else had some Marijuana and love stories.

If you have a problem with weed find another post to troll.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not agreeing with you = trolling
well that's a rational and mature position to take!

of course this debate is appropriate to a post about encouraging another to take it. if the debate makes you uncomfortable then i suggest you find another thread to read.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
not agreeing with you = trolling
well that's a rational and mature position to take!

of course this debate is appropriate to a post about encouraging another to take it. if the debate makes you uncomfortable then i suggest you find another thread to read.

This from the poster who likes to dictate what others' responses are to her in threads that she starts. Uhhh, NO. Thank you, Goodnight.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, I think you need to research that. It affects your body in ways you don't even imagine.

I've smoked it. Not my favorite feeling, but I don't dislike it or anyone who does. However, stating that it does "not" affect your health negatively, is just not true. I've witnessed it :frown1:

Honestly, I think it affects me positively .. It helps when you're trying to gain weight after lifting for football, it makes those nasty protein shakes taste like candy and it is one of my favorite "supplements" .. The only negative is the actual act of smoking (smoking anything can't be good for your lungs obviously) but you can easily fix that with buying a good ole vape

7"24

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
thanks bro you get it. Love my vape dude got one for my birthday this year. It's funny I told my family and of course my friends know but seriously so many people smoke now its ridiculous, it's awesome. People are finally learning of all the bs we have been lied to about it. Hemp is the future of america! Mark my words. Hemp will take down big oil or big oil will jump on hemp fuel. One day in the future one of the two of those things will happen. People need to have some responsibility and understand moderation and responsibility. Stop blaming drugs I failed out of college at 18 because I pledged a frat and was drunk every night which sucked. Since I started smoking I have been drunk once, I have taken no prescription or OTC drugs. My lung capacity is fine I never cough. I think my hand eye coordination is definitely I am def better at sports now then before yet play them less. Weed has in a ways become my other half, I realize all the amazing things I have learned about my self and the world. I am in no sense of the word addicted If someone dared me to quit Id prove it. Alright I'm done rambling.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
7"24;3776547 said:
thanks bro you get it. Love my vape dude got one for my birthday this year. It's funny I told my family and of course my friends know but seriously so many people smoke now its ridiculous, it's awesome. People are finally learning of all the bs we have been lied to about it. Hemp is the future of america! Mark my words. Hemp will take down big oil or big oil will jump on hemp fuel. One day in the future one of the two of those things will happen. People need to have some responsibility and understand moderation and responsibility. Stop blaming drugs I failed out of college at 18 because I pledged a frat and was drunk every night which sucked. Since I started smoking I have been drunk once, I have taken no prescription or OTC drugs. My lung capacity is fine I never cough. I think my hand eye coordination is definitely I am def better at sports now then before yet play them less. Weed has in a ways become my other half, I realize all the amazing things I have learned about my self and the world. I am in no sense of the word addicted If someone dared me to quit Id prove it. Alright I'm done rambling.

Were you high when you wrote this?

You have prior history of substance abuse, and seem to have just replaced one with the other.

It sounds more like potpaganda than - I'm looking for other pot smokers who have a lover who doesn't smoke and want them to. Or as you said in your OP you could just grow a set of balls and ask him to smoke with you.

You're really seeking justification is my thought.

7"24

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Did you read the earlier comments I wrote all that because there were some people earlier bashing it. I don't have a substance abuse problem I said college 2005 I was 17 when I got to college. And I lived a sheltered life, as just Said no to drugs. I'm 24 now my point was that I don't even have Occasional to frequent drinks like the other major percentage of America does. Scientific evidence of weed's benefits is not propaganda and it is out there. I have a life I can't spend an hour writing a message about how much I smoke but I can tell you and you could ask my friends and family I don't have a substance abuse problem. it's kinda hard to know some one through on post ;)

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
vitamins have health benefits too.
they can also cause your liver to fail if you take too many. people can become very ill or even die from vitamins.

with any medicinal substance, it should be taken if it's needed, in a controlled dose, with consideration and awareness of the detrimental side effects and potential harm caused by long term use.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I just love how judgemental people are on this thread.

So, if OP was talking about another medication, such as say, Zoloft, Imitrex, or Prozac, would you be so quick to judge him? I wonder......

7"24

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am an American I have rights. If i want to put it in my body and I'm not hurting anyone else that's my decision and no one elses. I know the dangers of vitamins. The cannabis plant is not vitamins. It's has literally thousands of uses. And many believe we are actually cannabis deficient. I tend to slightly agree, weed has done incredible things for me, and if you take the time to really study it from a non biased stand point you will see the truth.

I'm not going to sit around while all of fucking Washington wastes their time keeping it illegal so they can make $$$ and keep the DEA busy while they should be focused on the meth, and prescription drug addictions

You don't have to listen to me and change your beliefs but I don't agree with letting people believe the bullshit they have been fed their whole lives. Yes for some people weed can be very dangerous just like anything else on the planet.

It's all about how you feel

I don't need justification but I do stand up for myself and have no problem informing and educating people, Oh yeah and i have been high for all these posts. :)

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just love how judgemental people are on this thread.

So, if OP was talking about another medication, such as say, Zoloft, Imitrex, or Prozac, would you be so quick to judge him? I wonder......
that depends why and how much.
people take prescription drugs irresponsibly too. just look at the antibiotics issues we're having. read the papers to find the latest celeb painkiller OD.
7"24;3776664 said:
I am an American I have rights. If i want to put it in my body and I'm not hurting anyone else that's my decision and no one elses.
i'm not telling you that you don't have that right. personally i don't think making it illegal has served society. i believe you have the right to do whatever you like, and i have the right to believe it's wrong. sorry but that's just the way freedoms work.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
D00d. It's no point in arguing. People have their views, and you won't be able to change them, any more than they'll be able to change yours. I do wish that people would not be so judgemental, especially when the point of the thread wasn't to be all Pro Weed. It was to explore the aspect of weed smoking and relationships. Alas.....

Here's something interesting. It's an article from Time Magazine from about a year ago, all about the whole Medical Marijuana debate. It's very intriguing. It also gives one of the most balanced overviews of the positive and negative effects of Marijuana I've seen. It's not all "Oh, Pot is the Devil. Reefer Madness, REEFER MADNESS!!1!ONE3l3v3nty81||10N! Nor is it "Marijuana is the greatest thing ever. It will cure all the evils of the world with just one toke, man.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.time.com%2Ftime%2Fmagazine%2Farticle%2F0%2C9171%2C2030925%2C00.html&ei=-8CwTu_6DYuSgQeb26SiAQ&usg=AFQjCNE-tbIOpCiv1eki3S22xpr3pzGvYw

Of course, your mileage may vary.

durden

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to drink a lot and that could sometimes make me more aggressive and negative. Weed always made me relaxed, happy and more positive. I don't want to be high often around my girl if shes not though...but smoking together is great, and just about everything is more enjoyable.

To those bashing, if you don't do it that's your choice, but don't judge other ppl. If you don't have much experience with it, or haven't really researched it, don't make bold statements. It's a personal choice that doesn't affect you and has been widely proven to help a ton of medical conditions.