Stop Bitching About Circumcision

S

SirConcis

consider this:

Say you entered uncut in the military in WW2, and left circumcised and enjoyed the change. If you had a son, wouldn't you be likely to agree to have him snipped especially since back there, there was a lot of rethoric about how it improved everything ?

Any male who chose to be circumcised and prefers it this way has more jsutification to decide for his son(s). But a male who is still uncut and has son cut at birth is sort of illogical: if circ is better, then daddy should also get cut.

Of course, those days are over now in the USA. The current generation of fathers are almost all cut, so the debate is taken from a different angle. They hear about the anti-circ rethoric designed to make them feel bad about being circumcised, and since they were done at birth (no personal experience), and since there are very few uncuts (to compare against), then those daddies have no way to judge/gauge the rethoric presented by the anti-circ groups and accept it at face value even if it makes them feel "mutilated".

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
consider this:

Say you entered uncut in the military in WW2, and left circumcised and enjoyed the change. If you had a son, wouldn't you be likely to agree to have him snipped especially since back there, there was a lot of rethoric about how it improved everything ?

Any male who chose to be circumcised and prefers it this way has more jsutification to decide for his son(s). But a male who is still uncut and has son cut at birth is sort of illogical: if circ is better, then daddy should also get cut.

Of course, those days are over now in the USA. The current generation of fathers are almost all cut, so the debate is taken from a different angle. They hear about the anti-circ rethoric designed to make them feel bad about being circumcised, and since they were done at birth (no personal experience), and since there are very few uncuts (to compare against), then those daddies have no way to judge/gauge the rethoric presented by the anti-circ groups and accept it at face value even if it makes them feel "mutilated".

NO-- your logic is flawed. This isn't about what "feels" better. It's about performing unnecessary surgery. This is about the right to choose. Many decisions about a child should be made by the parent but routine infant circumcision is not one of them.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
90% circumcision rate in the US? Thankfully, it's a lot less. Recent rates in the US are just over 50%. Rates in the Western states have been in the 33 % range for years- it is becoming more uncommon to see a young guy who is cut these days in California. U.S. Circumcision Statistics
Even in the WASP population???

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
NO-- your logic is flawed. This isn't about what "feels" better. It's about performing unnecessary surgery. This is about the right to choose. Many decisions about a child should be made by the parent but routine infant circumcision is not one of them.
I agree. Other procedures used to be commonplace but were done away with because they were unnecessary and could potentially cause problems. For instance, it used to be common practice to perform routine appendectomies and tonsilectomies just to keep the kids from ever getting infections in the related parts. Now they don't do that because the surgery is unnecessary.

However, people realize the surgery in unnecessary because they are allowed to talk about it and disseminate information. The appendix and the tonsils are not taboo subjects. The penis is.

rubbercock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was circumsised as a child. Would I have had a bigger penis if I wasnt?

No. The length of your penis is unaffected by circumcision. The size of the head may be unaffected by circumcision or it may be somewhat larger than it would have been.

TLCTugger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was circumsised as a child. Would I have had a bigger penis if I wasn't?
In some cases so much skin is removed that the erection does not reach its full natural size. I know of a few restorers who gained some slack and it had the immediate effect of making their erections longer.

The glans when enfolded by the normal sleeve of skin is thicker, buy a double-fold of skin on each side, for a diameter that's greater by 4 skin thicknesses. Skin's pretty thin but who has girth to spare? I'll take it all, thanks.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No. The length of your penis is unaffected by circumcision. The size of the head may be unaffected by circumcision or it may be somewhat larger than it would have been.

Oh realy?I gained a full inch in shaft length before the skin grew enough to start covering the head.:rolleyes:

S

SirConcis

After my full circumcision, I did notice a shorter *appearance* of the shaft because the skin pulled scrotum up somewwhat. But about 6 months later, the length came back as the skin regained its elasticity and adapted to the new stretching requirements.

If, someone cut at birth still has insufficient skin as adult, it is probably because he doesn't get sufficient erections and has masturbated insufficiently since puberty.

If someone was cut tightly at birth, the skin should have loosened with every erection and wank during puberty with the same principles that are being used to regain foreskin and hence, the skin shouldn't be so tight that it hurts as adult.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
After my full circumcision, I did notice a shorter *appearance* of the shaft because the skin pulled scrotum up somewwhat. But about 6 months later, the length came back as the skin regained its elasticity and adapted to the new stretching requirements.

If, someone cut at birth still has insufficient skin as adult, it is probably because he doesn't get sufficient erections and has masturbated insufficiently since puberty.

If someone was cut tightly at birth, the skin should have loosened with every erection and wank during puberty with the same principles that are being used to regain foreskin and hence, the skin shouldn't be so tight that it hurts as adult.
Yeah, skin elasticity, as many physical characteristics, varies from person to person, though. It's worth noting that the number of people cut this tight are a distinct minority of the circumcised population, but yes, it certainly does happen.