Stop the Oil or be Politicallly Correct?

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Saying that "ONLY straight people have a problem with this" does not logically lead to saying ALL straight people have a problem with it- I was only pointing out that it seems that ONLY straight people seem to have a problem with this guy getting booted.

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So you're saying that I'm straight? Even if I like wieners in my butt? I think that maybe you are just trying to change the facts in order to validate your own victim mentality.

Last edited:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So you're saying that I'm straight? Even if I like wieners in my butt? I think that maybe you are just trying to change the facts in order to validate your own victim mentality.

:thinking: Seriously? You thought I said you were straight? Some folks on here REALLY need to take a remedial course in reading comprehension. You're first up, Mister Buildington.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Seems this Prof Katz was a bit of an ignoramus and a total bigot. Look at what he said about AIDS: -

"The human body was not designed to share hypodermic needles, it was not designed to be promiscuous, and it was not designed to engage in homosexual acts," he wrote. "Engaging in such behavior is like riding a motorcycle on an icy road without a helmet. It may be possible to get away with it for a while, and a few misguided souls may get a thrill out of doing so, but sooner or later (probably sooner) the consequences will be catastrophic. Lethal diseases spread rapidly among people who do such things."

It is totally untrue that the "human body was not designed to ... be promiscuous". Other respected researchers have confirmed that the human body was designed precisely to be promiscuous. That Katz holds this view must be simply a case of his narrow values colouring what he believes to be true. Furthermore, he ignores the many, many harmless things modern humans do that their bodies were not 'designed' to do - such as wearing clothes, reading books, and shaving - that do not cause "lethal deseases to spread rapidly." What a moron!

If he makes errors such as this, based on his own limited beliefs rather than evidence, maybe he was just an arse hole that was difficult to work with for the rest of the team!

Hey, you put yourself in a situation that can cause harm to yourself then thats on you. Do you know something I don't don't? Who decided that humans bodies were not designed to read books, wear clothes or shave?

Call me crazy but if I need something done I want the best person working for me I could give a shit less if I agree with him on homosexuality or anything else for that matter.

If your home is going up in smoke you're not going to screen the firemen. You have to learn to prioritize sometimes.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow. Just...wow. :no:

While the comparison was probably a tad extreme, it still stands. Sick people of any stripe, whether they be homophobes, racists, OR child rapists, cannot be allowed into positions of prestige, ie government committees. I can see your point- child rapsts should be in jail anyway...but all the aforementioned people ARE sick. While someone has the right to be a racist and a homophobe, they dont have the right to live free from consequences.

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
:thinking: Seriously? You thought I said you were straight? Some folks on here REALLY need to take a remedial course in reading comprehension. You're first up, Mister Buildington.

From your previous post:

"I was only pointing out that it seems that ONLY straight people seem to have a problem with this guy getting booted."

You are literally a crazy person.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While the comparison was probably a tad extreme, it still stands. Sick people of any stripe, whether they be homophobes, racists, OR child rapists, cannot be allowed into positions of prestige, ie government committees. I can see your point- child rapsts should be in jail anyway...but all the aforementioned people ARE sick. While someone has the right to be a racist and a homophobe, they dont have the right to live free from consequences.
Your thinking is wrong on so many levels, I scarcely know where to begin.

Starting with the medical...pedophilia is a clinical mental illness, defined and described in DSM-IV, so yes, those individuals are truly sick. Your labeling the others alongside this red herring is just your attempt to demonize those you find disagreeable by association.

Homophobia and racism are not clinically defined nor recognized as illnesses. While you may not care for their respective viewpoints, there is no ground for you to label them as being sick...no matter how many actual illnesses you attempt to lump in beside them in discussion. These are, quite simply, people you disagree with.

Moving on to the bill of rights, the First Amendment is pretty clear about the importance of protecting free expression, and centuries of case law bear this out. I believe Dr. Katz has ample room to bring suit on such grounds, considering he was terminated from a government job based on his expression (historical, no less) of personal and political views. That's only the tip of the iceberg, though...when you talk about forbidding people from holding public duties based on your arbitrary disagreements with their social viewpoints, equal protection and due process come into play as well.

It sucks for you that you don't like what these people might say, but I think you need to take a hard look at what it means to be American before you fire off with any more of this fascist conjecture.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From your previous post:

"I was only pointing out that it seems that ONLY straight people seem to have a problem with this guy getting booted."

How did you get "ALL straight people seem to have a problem..." from "ONLY straight people have a problem..." I mean, it's not just semantics. One does NOT logically follow the other. You literally are a moron.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
HG does have a valid point, TomCat84...
Although I wouldn't want to work with someone that I know is homophobic or racist, it's not my place to deny them work or their right to say anything. As long as their beliefs and actions don't impede on other people's liberties then why should I care if the guy standing next to me hates me for sleeping with men or because I'm black?

It's when people use their hatred to oppress others that gets to me, and it works both ways. To be honest, we want to allow these people the ability to at least say what is on their mind regardless of how hateful it is. At least then, when we want to engage in our own personal and private business, we know exactly who not to approach.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From your previous post:

Just getting posts mixed up. I apologize. Wanna apologize for calling me crazy?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At this rate, we'll hippie-love ourselves right into extinction. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Obviously in the minority here, but, I advocate separation of the public and private sphere, particularly in an era where smoking a joint, chasing some tail (yes, I'm crass), or expressing a contrary opinion can exclude or discourage an otherwise capable person from taking on a leadership role.

Attempting to remove everything offensive or adversarial, especially when indirect, such as blogs, interviews, email, research, etc., from daily life is impractical. That any employer or the U.S. government would attempt such, especially while we continue to benefit from Nazi technology and hold up our slave-owning forefathers as exemplars is incredibly insincere.

If we can separate George Washington, Friedan, King, FDR, or others from their moral shortcomings, if one may deem them so, to recognize their deeds, the same should apply to all other people. Continuing this capitulation to hurty feelings or indirect offense, when, essentially, none exists with regard to professional behavior, is a slippery slope to placing the mediocre and only morally inoffensive in positions of power.

Take GWB, for example, in the wake of Clinton part of his winning platform was that he loved his wife and never cheated - whether he was actually a shit candidate or not was a lesser concern. Pardon me while I decline to offer my assent in establishing an environment that supports such simplistic perspectives. :no:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So much focus on the "politically correct" angle. But I stand by the point that a distraction is a distraction, and often intolerably so.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps better than using some incident from a previous thread - I'm guessing - to attack a poster whose conversation one's not involved?

This has nothing to do with anything from a previous thread, but more like an intentionally fraudulent signature/quote that someone has been adamantly using and forged my name to for months now. And last time I checked, it's still there.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has nothing to do with anything from a previous thread, but more like an intentionally fraudulent signature/quote that someone has been adamantly using and forged my name to for months now. And last time I checked, it's still there.

I'm assuming the moderators don't care?:rolleyes:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Moderators? What purpose does it serve added to this thread?