Stop the presses ...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Ari_Olla, Sep 29, 2009.

1. D_Ari_Olla

D_Ari_Olla Account Disabled

... a post that has nothing to do with the size of my dick, what underwear makes for a big bulge, comparing penis size with family members, or how people are becoming more and more modest in locker room. You can leave now if you want, lol :rolleyes:

My ex-g/f was literally the first woman I ever really KNEW that I was in love with. However, she was just not a good person. Part of why she decided to not have anything to do with me was that I put on some weight in relation to having an undiagnosed gall bladder problem that kept me out of the gym for over a year. I had it removed 5 months ago and Ive been back in the gym 6 days a week for the past 4 months. Sometimes I have this overwhelming disgust that she would be so shallow and yet at the same time I can honestly say I am still completely and utterly in love with her.

I'm not one of those people who enjoy being with someone who degrades them, but being with her was always so easy for me. I never had to think about things because everything we did just seemed to happen without a hitch. Our conversations would flow from one topic to another with ease. It was almost like we were able to read each other's minds. TO be honest, it freaked me out a little sometimes. Sometimes I just think that she changed and it wasn't me at all, but I still can't seem to shake her. I just keep thinking about What If? and its been over a year now. I just keep thinking that maybe something will change and she'll come back. Ive not spoken to her in a year.

I was in another relationship during the last year and it was great too. Cute, smart, funny, amazing sex, and lots in common. But ultimately I ruined it because of my issues with this past relationship. Its like I just cant get this girl out of my head and I'm scared to death its going to cause me to sabotage myself in future relationships.

Any advice?

2. D_Amyntas Lillydong

D_Amyntas Lillydong Account Disabled

same situation. even the whole year thing. all i can say is one day i woke up and little by little i moved on mentally from obsessing over this woman. i don't know what happened, but i must of just gotten tired of it and decided to do other things with my life.

3. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was gonna say that you need to find someone else to help you move on, but you said that you've already tried that and still can't help but think about her. My only other suggestion is that you give it time. Only time will allow you to forget. I'm not saying completely block her out of your memory, but remember the good times, all the while not being infatuated with her. Another piss-poor way to move on is to try and remember what you didn't like about her. The fact that she was upset about you gaining weight shows me how shallow she is. My wife has a bit of weight to her, and I love her no matter how she looks. Just take it one step at a time and you'll eventually get over it. It's just a speed bump in the road of life bro, not a wall.

4. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    You have to keep thinking to yourself if she would throw me away for something as shallow as she did, what would she do when things really got rough? She sounds like a "walker" man, long as things are OK she hangs around, once they are not she is gone. My guess is it wasn't your gain in weight at all. There may have been more wrong with your relationship than you thought.

On your end, it doesn't sound it as you've given her your complete self. She doesn't seem to want to do that. Let her go and find someone deserving of you.

5. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well said. Was what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words. Yeah bro, as he said, using your weight as an excuse probably wasn't the cause at all, but just that, an excuse. An excuse to get away free and clear, perhaps she's conflicted herself and needed something, anything, to convince herself you're not right for her.

Draft saved Draft deleted