Stopping a shaving rash?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by mountainjew, May 23, 2009.

1. mountainjew

mountainjew New Member

Anybody got any tips?

I basically suffer from it all over, neck, chest but its my pubes that get it really bad.
    Basically got fed up using VEET for men to remove hair, i only did this once a week, or once every2weeks and got fed up being tad hairy inbetween. So decided to see how shaving would be.
    Is it just somethign I'll have to put up with for a while till my skin gets used to it?
    How often should I shave down below?

Any tips for shaving rash reducement in general?

2. allun

allun New Member

Albums:
    I have been shaving since 17 and have always been shaved or trimmed since.Only rash I got was in the first few weeks.Usually I shave every second day.Just use soap and safety razor.

3. southernstud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The rash is one of two things: it is just a reaction of sensitive skin or it is a mild staph infection, usually called Barber's Rash. I suggest putting a warm compress on it, applying aloe, and then stopping from shaving until it clears. Then try again.

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Or try waxing, it takes the hair away for longer periods of time, thins the hair and it grows back not so thick.

5. cdt

cdt New Member

Best thing you can do is use "non scented" soap and hot water. You should use a woman's razor also there much easier on the skin. Its a pain, know how you feel :(

6. mountainjew

mountainjew New Member

cheers, I'm guessing its a shaving rash as it only appears when growing back in..after about a day, 2days its really bad.
    I heard using conditioner is often better than shaving foam so tried it this time round. Also been adding some tea tree oil to moisterising and rubbing it into the affected area- this is what i use on my neck anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted