Store launches underpants for left-handed men

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by catman, Sep 23, 2009.

1. catman

Gold Member

Store launches underpants for left-handed men

Wednesday, Sep 23, 2009 7:0PM UTC

LONDON (Reuters) - A British store is launching a range of underpants for left-handed men, an innovation it says will save them both time and embarrassment in front of the porcelain.

The new range, by UK-based Hom, will have a horizontal opening instead of a vertical slit accessed from the right-hand side, breaking a tradition that has lasted for 75 years.

"In our view, this is a vital step toward equality for left-handed men," said Rob Faucherand of Debenhams store.

Almost 10 percent of British men are believed to be left handed but men's Y-fronted underpants have traditionally had a right-handed opening from the time they were invented in 1935.

"As a result," Debenhams said, "left-handed men have to reach much further into their pants, performing a Z shaped maneuver through two 180 degree angles before achieving the result that right handed men perform with ease."

Previously, it added, boxer shorts, with an adaptable, ambidextrous opening in the middle, have been the underpants of choice for left handed men.

The new pants mean that left handed men can finally go to the bathroom as quickly and efficiently as their right-handed colleagues, the store said.

"Switching the opening from vertical to horizontal may sound like a small step, but it's the major breakthrough that many have been waiting for," added Faucherand.

2. actioncfc

actioncfc Active Member

Albums:
    I saw this on tv yesterday morning. I asked via FB the Today show staff (to embarass them) is it was for left handed people or left hanging people! What if your a right handed left hanger. Is their an option C? LOL

3. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is New?

Munsingwear and even Jockey here in the Colonies have marketed the horizontal fly for years.

4. kai028

kai028 New Member

Why bother with a fly at all? Just pull down the waistband and pee over the top! Or pull aside the leghole and pee out of that. There is no need for a fly in underpants and, frankly, underpants with a fly are kind of ugly.

5. catman

Gold Member

Well it DID get them free marketing or "buss" didn't it?
    I will stick with my boxers...I actualy thought of a friend...he had CP as a child and his right arm is 'curled' and smaller than he left. So he is TRULY left handed...and has a nice sized dick... he used to tell me how much he hated 'right handed' briefs...everything got tangled, usually when he HAD to pee....(and this is one of those guys would ONLY wears briefs (no idea)).... he was ecstatic when munsingwear came out with the 'kangaroo pouch' briefs...

6. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm sure they've been around here for a while too.
    Probably just a different manufacturer getting some publicity.

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Jockey Pouch Briefs are awesome. They are all I wear.

8. joed562000

joed562000 Member

Me too. Been wearing them exclusively for years.

9. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry, can't resist...

Do they make underwear specific to whether you are circumcised or not ?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Draft saved Draft deleted