str8 pants shopping

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know gay guys do it but,do str8 men?
You are in the dressing room and you look in the mirror and say"hey my dick looks good in these I think I'll take them". Iam not talking blatent bulges just a good fit. A very str8 buddy of mine is very aware of his dick placement.He likes to think metrosexual.------- Even dress slacks?

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes, straight guys do it. I know I've made serveral trouser decisions based on how I looked in the crotch area. I'm a college prof, and I will admit that I consider how I look standing up in front of my classes. I'd like to have enough "manly" showing not to detract, but it does communicate a certain amount of power. Hey, something's working. I have several chili peppers on ratemyprofessors.com. Somebody thinks I'm hot.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I always know my crotch will look good in whatever I shove my cock......I check the ASS!......a lot of variables in fit in the rear
This is more of a question for straight men.
See your from P-town-----ahhh the memories and the stories:wink:

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always know my crotch will look good in whatever I shove my cock......I check the ASS!......a lot of variables in fit in the rear

This is more of a question for straight men.
See your from P-town-----ahhh the memories and the stories:wink:

Actually, I think the fit of the ass is quite relevant for straight men. Perhaps they would never admit it to straight men, but women have often told me the part of a guy they check out first is the ass.

A gay friend of mine manages an office full of women employees. John is quite attractive, and his staff often sends teasing emails to his husband about how nice John is looking today. (Don't bother with the sexual-harassment-in-the-workplace speech... all involved parties love it.) One email went something like this:

My, John is looking very cute today. Did you dress him this morning? Did you squeeze his ample butt in those tight little Wranglers just for us?

D

deleted136887

I certainly check what I look like in the pants before I buy. That's the whole point, no? As regards women checking out your arse, that's the 1st thing they will mention, if they find it attractive. But very seldom will a women say"hey! check that bulge!" (well not to your face, on first meeting anyway)

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I know gay guys do it but,do str8 men?
You are in the dressing room and you look in the mirror and say"hey my dick looks good in these I think I'll take them". Iam not talking blatent bulges just a good fit. A very str8 buddy of mine is very aware of his dick placement.He likes to think metrosexual.------- Even dress slacks?

not entirely but one time something along those lines happend
I was at work and was washing my hands and when I went to leave I have to walk sideways past a full length mirror
I wear black pants almost always (do not like Khaki) and it was the first time I had ever walked past a full size mirror in my dress pants, and I was like omg there is a big bulge in my pants
so I was trying to like pull my underwear down and create more space and everything
I work with like 60% women and I'm like nervous as heck to walk around with that particular pair of pants
and that pair of underwear are definatly not to be combined with dress pants in the future lol
the rest of the day I was so embarassed

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I find that I select dress slacks, casual slacks, and jeans according to the anticipated occasion I will be wearing them.

I'm learning to be less self-conscious too, ( or trying to be less self- conscious) thanks to this forum and reading about the other guys who have the same challenges of fearing they're going to show "too much bulge".

Men probably can get by "showing some bulge" in more casual settings. This especially holds true for business men. I attend weekend social events like outdoor barbecues, receptions, etc. and when I'm wearing khaki slacks or something similar, I can usually get by with it. But being "too revealing" is frankly pretty distracting in an office setting and I suppose it would be deemed offensive too, by some onlookers--including my peers and contemporaries, regardless of their gender. I've caught their stares and glances. So, despite the LPSG influence :rolleyes: sometimes, I still try to keep those past reactions from others in mind.

But like a lot of guys, WHATEVER I wear is typically going to be somewhat revealing...the lighter colors of summer and the flannel grays of winter in particular. And I still feel a bit self-conscious whenever I wear them. But, on the other hand, it's not healthy thinking either, to become OVERLY self conscious. As men, we are "what we are" and we should just accept it.
***I'll fess up here, though--sometimes? ...when I know that a certain pair of slacks will "make me feel pretty good as a man" I WILL go ahead and buy them IF those aforementioned occasions are coming up to allow me to wear them and get by with it!

I believe we need to convey confidence to our sons sometime along the way so they won't develop the same "messed up thinking" some of us grew up having. I mean, I don't know of any guy (who grew up in my generation) who ever had discussions with dad or any other man in his life about "clothing" and "showing". We never got such guidance.

I kinda doubt such discussions even take place today!
....except for here. :wink:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
apparently mothers arn't telling thier daughters either
I mean I'm a guy, I love womens bodies
but I've seen so many women walk around practically naked that this one time a girl got so nervous and shy cus she thought she had a rip in her jeans and someone could see her underwear, I was so suprised by her shyness and I realized that it was pretty hot that she was modest

the women of today are actually showing so much skin, that modesty has become sexy lol
(then again this girl is smokin hot so)

DangerZone8877

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if the jeans fit and they're comfortable, i'll usually buy them. there's no one part i look at that makes me buy or not buy them. i guess if the general look of them is okay, then that's fine by me.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, straight guys do it. I know I've made serveral trouser decisions based on how I looked in the crotch area. I'm a college prof, and I will admit that I consider how I look standing up in front of my classes. I'd like to have enough "manly" showing not to detract, but it does communicate a certain amount of power. Hey, something's working. I have several chili peppers on ratemyprofessors.com. Somebody thinks I'm hot.
Fuck -- I never got a chili pepper there, just a lot of bitching about my teaching. But then, I wear pleated-front trousers. :biggrin1:

I never seek to show a bulge in my trousers. Quite the contrary: if I show a bulge in a pair of trousers that I try on -- I mean something more than a very slight one when I am standing before the mirror -- then either they are too tight or the style is not for me.
Actually, I think the fit of the ass is quite relevant for straight men. Perhaps they would never admit it to straight men, but women have often told me the part of a guy they check out first is the ass.
Since when do women not admit that they check out guys' butts, and are there really men who don't know that they do? I always check the fit in back when I try on trousers, and if they don't drape over my cheeks becomingly, then I don't buy them.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes!!!!!! Something very stimulating about being in a "Fitting Room" and trying on jeans. It is exciting for me and I still enjoy the opportunity to view myself.

plmcknn

Just Browsing
Media
I know lots of guys straight and gay, whom I've shopped with and they all bar none check out their butts and baskets. Sometimes though I really wonder. With the return of the low rise jeans, I see so many men, either straight or gay, who musn't check out themselves before buying. They do absolutley nothing for the butt. Bring on the Wranglers and 501's

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go in and like watching my cock slip out of my underwear as I lift my leg up to try pants on etc.

Sometimes its hard though. Recently, when I was buying the trousers to go with my suit, that was such a chore. The first pair, I couldn't even fasten them. Then I got the next size up but you could still see my cock. Then the next size were still a bit tight. Then I got the NEXT size up, was a comfortable fit. Which is all I bothered to look for. Anyway since I don't like to spend ages shopping I get back home. These are the loosest, baggiest trousers ever! I had to put extra holes in my belt and everything and theyre still quite loose.

Anyone else had this problem? Is it the design of trousers? Its similar with jeans too, not much crotch room. And if you want more crotch room you have to get a bigger size which then makes them baggier :mad:

Something needs to be done.

But yeah I love gettin my cock out in changing rooms :tongue:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone else had this problem? Is it the design of trousers? Its similar with jeans too, not much crotch room. And if you want more crotch room you have to get a bigger size which then makes them baggier :mad:
Does this happen with you even with pleated-front trousers, or only with plain-front ones? I wear mostly pleated-front trousers and have never had a problem with them being too tight in the crotch. With plain-front trousers, it is often a problem, though I have found some casual ones that fit all right.

Men's trousers seem to be designed for the most part to fit the "six o'clock" silhouette -- the male figure with the backside that goes straight up and down. Consequently, any man with a round butt is going to find that pants that fit him in the hips tend to be too loose in the waist. This may also be the source of the problem that you report.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You are so right about the pleat thing and the issue of having any ass at all. I used to wear pleats all the time, but wife has persuaded me to give them up. First, I'm not real tall, so the pleats did make me look a bit shorter. I do like the fit of the flat front or plain front pant better, and it makes me stay closer to the weight I need to be.

I'm not the straight up and down guy with no butt, so I do have to work a bit to find a good fit. One thing I wrestle with is that I really prefer to wear boxer shorts than briefs, particularly in warmer weather. Boxers do take up a bit more room under the pants, though. And with the flat fronts, I have to be careful about how I'm hanging in them.

The other morning I literally changed underwear three times because the only pair of pants I had clean were too snug to wear with boxers, even though I tried two different styles of them (boxers). I could wear them and all, but it looked like I was trying to pick up a date or prove I was circumcised or something. Once I got on a pair of pouch boxer briefs, the fit was better, but I was still showing a bulge, but not one down my right leg. The boxer briefs kept me contained.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
In buying dress slacks (particulary those as part of a suit ensemble), many stores will ask whether "you need more room in the crotch area" and then alter the pants for you. This helps resolve some of the problems we're talking about here in wearing dressier pants. The thinner fabrics are so much more revealing!

In my naivety in this southern rural area of the U.S., I went a number of years in adulthood before even realizing men's clothiers would provide this specific tailoring for "this kind of problem". But, they do.

One needn't be embarrassed to ask before purchasing.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In buying dress slacks (particulary those as part of a suit ensemble), many stores will ask whether "you need more room in the crotch area" and then alter the pants for you. This helps resolve some of the problems we're talking about here in wearing dressier pants. The thinner fabrics are so much more revealing!

In my naivety in this southern rural area of the U.S., I went a number of years in adulthood before even realizing men's clothiers would provide this specific tailoring for "this kind of problem". But, they do.

One needn't be embarrassed to ask before purchasing.
Its called get a Tailor. He won't help you show box but hide one!