"Str8"

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What exactly does this word mean? Should I take offense to being called "str8" as opposed to "straight"? Or is it just a shorthand that only gays seem to use?

I've seen it a lot recently and its "got me thinking". Is it the word for someone who thinks they're straight but they're not quite all straight (hence the word isn't quite the complete "straight" it should be")

I'm just wondering what this exactly means. Does it have some secret meaning? And is it so hard to type "straight"? :tongue:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
people are lazy and just like to shorten things. but have seen "ghey" alot out there recently to describe my type. more letters. that needs to go away. (vanna white mode on)

there is no slam meant in the term "str8".

MagicTongue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What exactly does this word mean? Should I take offense to being called "str8" as opposed to "straight"? Or is it just a shorthand that only gays seem to use?

I've seen it a lot recently and its "got me thinking". Is it the word for someone who thinks they're straight but they're not quite all straight (hence the word isn't quite the complete "straight" it should be")

I'm just wondering what this exactly means. Does it have some secret meaning? And is it so hard to type "straight"? :tongue:

Str8 is netspeak for Straight.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hereby award you the ManlyBanisters award for most obvious post of the evening. Congratulations!

No! There's more to it than that. That's what "th3y" want U to th1nk"!

It must at least mean a straight guy with gay inclinations? It's not just net speak or everyone on the net would be using it. But I only see gays using it :redface:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No! There's more to it than that. That's what "th3y" want U to th1nk"!

It must at least mean a straight guy with gay inclinations? It's not just net speak or everyone on the net would be using it. But I only see gays using it :redface:

1t's 4 c0nsp1r4cy st4rt3d by th3 g4y m4f14.

Geez, it takes forever writing that way... Anyway, we don't like str8 guys questioning our authority.

Signed,
The Gay Mafia

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What exactly does this word mean? Should I take offense to being called "str8" as opposed to "straight"? Or is it just a shorthand that only gays seem to use? It is shorthand for straight, commonly used by people under 30, and those who text message a lot; not just Gay people.

I've seen it a lot recently and its "got me thinking". Is it the word for someone who thinks they're straight but they're not quite all straight (hence the word isn't quite the complete "straight" it should be") No, it's laziness.
Honey, put down the beer and go to sleep you are over-thinking things.

Str8 is netspeak for Straight.
:smile: BINGO!

1t's 4 c0nsp1r4cy st4rt3d by th3 g4y m4f14.

Geez, it takes forever writing that way... Anyway, we don't like str8 guys questioning our authority.

Signed,
The Gay Mafia

Oh crap, I knew someone was watching me this morning. I left the house and my purse didn't match my shoes.:redface: I swear a warning shot was fired just past my ear.