"Straight, bi or gay"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

iamflameretardent: Hi

Just wondering if you are straight, gay or bi. I myself am gay - just want to see what the rest of you guys are?

2. txquis

Gold Member

Um...not sure, since,
    Until i was about 26, I was bi.
    I had girlfriends sometimes, and boyfriends sometimes (although..never at the same time)

i just turned 33, and i havent
    been with a woman in seven years, so...i guess i'm not all that bi anymore.
    I call myself gay now, since i'm exclusively with guys.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Straight.

Pecker

4. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Let me be the first peculiar one :)...

I'm....well....undecided....so i filled in Bi.
    Issues issues issues

But it either stays bi, or straight...ive got a great relationship now...which happened to be a guy, but i dont see myself with other guys...the gayness in guys just turns me off...weird huh...and girls will always steal my heart i guess...

uhm....so far my vote :) :)

Javier

5. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: A bi-guy here. While I definitely enjoy sexual encounters with guys (it can be SO intense), I've never wanted to find some guy to spend the rest of my life with and start picking out curtains. There's something about being with a woman that "completes" me. Actually I think more guys would admit to being "bi" if they were more open to the possibility and not in the straightjacket (pun intended) that society imposes.

6. Imported

Gold Member

kyle: I'm pretty much the same as txqis except I still maintain my bi status - mainly because, for me, it's always been about love. 8)

7. Imported

Gold Member

suitinthecity: I don't think much of labelling peoples sexuality - these labels tend only to be about who we're currently shagging! Sex though is just sex, and most relationships between two people exist due to something other than just sex - more of a meeting of minds and souls than pink bits! If I had to label myself though I would say I was bi - not because I've had and continue to have sex with both guys and girls but because I have no preconceived notion of the sex of the person that I would one day hope to share the rest (or a large part anyway) of my life with. I am presently single, but have had longer term relationships with both sexes in the past (4-5 years).
    I guess I don't get some of the posts here from guys that say they have "relationships" (presumably good relationship - why be in it otherwise), with a guy at present but won't feel whole or complete until they are actually in a male/female relationship. Can't help but feel you guys are misleading either yourselves or the person you are with - do they know how you feel?? Don't you feel kind of empty and dissatisfied emotionally?

Anyway - lets not label anyone!

8. txquis

Gold Member

i agree, kyle,
    it is about who i'm in love with.
    And for the last
    seven years,
    ive been in love with a guy.

9. Imported

Gold Member

suitinthecity: But unlike you txqis, Kyle says he maintains his bi status because it's "always been about love"? Does that mean he can't or won't allow himself to love a guy - I think that's sad.

Javierdude22 similarly says he has a great relationship with a guy, but that girls will always steal his heart.

Sorry guys - I'm getting all worked up over this! You say you have great relationships but how can they be if you only see them as temporary??

10. txquis

Gold Member

maybe this is being misunderstood...

"all about love" i took to mean the
    same as "all about the individual"...WHICHEVER
    sex you happened to have fallen in love with.

Not that you WANT to fall in love again,
    but (i know all too well) partnerships
    and relationships end sometimes.

Being with my guy makes me happy,
    so...i dont intend to love anyone else.

11. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Labels, schmabels. Calling myself gay might be labelling myself, but I'll continue to do it. It's an easy way of letting people know that any romantic and/or sexual attachments I have are directed at men rather than women. I'd rather just say, "I'm gay," than get into a discussion on the Kinsey sexual continuum scale. And by the way, in my view love is the most important aspect of my sexuality. I am in a loving relationship with my boyfriend and don't foresee it ending any time soon.

12. Imported

Gold Member

Alligator_Jack: i thought kyle was in a long term relationship with a guy, from what ive read, or maybe my bad memory is acting up

13. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

At this point in my life, I feel inclined to agree with Norseman's sentiments most of all.

I have no qualms about being bisexual. I'm pretty proud of my own progress through it, I guess; that I learned of how it's a part of my life, but by no means the only part. I'm satisfied with having run the full circle with men, I guess. I've fucked around with 'em, dated a bit, and have had a serious relationship with one.

I guess I can sympathize with Norseman best because he described it perfectly: that while I'm okay with being with another man, I suppose I haven't met the one that has swept me off my feet just yet. He might be out there. He might not. But in a similar note, I feel compelled to seek out female companionship with greater preference right now. I guess that's the tough thing with trying to reconcile such a label with how we behave and feel as bisexuals. That labelling's so simple for people who are predominately homo- or hetero- because, chances are, society expects a gay man to go after other gay men and for a straight man to seek out a woman. Barbie hooks up with Ken. That's how it works.

As a bisexual, it's difficult to make my interests and feelings so clear-cut and dry. With respect to DMW's case, it's not necessary to drudge up the Kinsey scale 'cause 99.9% of the time, he's a 7 and damn proud of it. Not to say that my sexuality is fickle or undefined or that I'm a definite 4-guy, but it seems like the only other people who really understand the peaks and troughs and swells of my various attractions are other bisexuals.

14. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Straight. I experimented a little in the past, but quickly decided that men are ugly and women are pretty and that was that.

Since then I've been in a few threesomes with a couple in which the guy touched me, but I didn't touch him back. Those were the ground rules.

15. Imported

Gold Member

HotBoiLA: i'm gay...though have been wanting to have a mfm 3way lately...haven't been with a girl in about 10 years...would be fun again.

16. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Ok...suitinthecity....your question if im not dissatisfied about myself....if im unhappy....

to be frank, im very unhappy about not knowing what my 'label' is....i guess i totally agree with Deeblackthorne on this....its not like i asked to be in this situation, and its not like i can turn the switch over and say, well ill just stick with this and that....it doesnt work like that, but like Dee said, i guess youd only understand if u had to deal with the same thing.

And yes im in a great relationship now...and he knows what the deal is, and weve split up two times almost already over me not knowing what the fucks goin on with me...but im not being dishonest about it, he can stay or leave whenever.

Its a fucked up thing...not in the least cause i'm not happy about being gay, im half Spanish from a region that acts like Franco never died so being gay means spending my life without them, and dont give me the lecture about how its not worth it either then, cause life just doesnt always work like that.

Uhm...i guess im kinda swirling off the topic, but concluding:....its not a clearcut thing, theres no choices to be made, only compromises...life, fate, God or whatever made that choice already.

laterz :)

Javier

17. txquis

Gold Member

That is a really cool, honest reply,
    and i think a lot of bi guys feel the same.

18. Imported

Gold Member

kyle: Alligator - you're right. I'm in an LTR with a guy, and suit, I'm happy with it. txqis got that I meant it's about the individual. The relationship I was in before my current one was with a woman. We were together for years and happy, but I never considered myself straight just because I was with a woman.

Whew!

19. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: [quote author=Javierdude22 link=board=meetgreet;num=1050351452;start=12#15 date=04/15/03 at 13:48:24]to be frank, im very unhappy about not knowing what my 'label' is....[/quote]

Don't be unhappy without a label. I'm bi too, and am totally happy with it. It is my opinion that we are all bisexual until societal influences and personal prefrences dictate otherwise.

Bisexual is the best lable to wear - not the worst.

20. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Wow, I'm amazed at the direction this thread has taken.  
    Cool  
    Bi's of the world UNITE !  
    Actually I was going to send a message to Dee directly, but then thought it might be worth sharing.  I don't think that you or anyone else needs to be uncomfortable with making choices or having conflicted feelings in bisexuality.  In my own head, its all Apples and Oranges.  While I might prefer to seek a woman as a life/sex partner (something to do with that yin/yang, male/female, tarzan/jane thing), and let's call that the Orange,   I've recognized that I do like sex with guys as well, lets call that Apples (Adams apple, get it ?).    Being an orange lover isn't an exclusive condition. I may be a life-long orange eater, but I may eat apples on occasion.  Society doesn't think twice about that set of options.  Variety is in fact encouraged.  Now add sex (gasp !) to the equation and attitudes change quicky.   Take away the puritanism, recognize our abilities to enjoyably interact sexually with either sex, and RELAX.
    (OK, and no wisecracks about fruits.)

Draft saved Draft deleted