"Straight, bi or gay"

Finedessert: Back when I first came to California, the State Department of Agriculture had inspection stations at the state line so that no fruits would be brough into the state. ( I think they still do ).

We were greeted by this inspector who said. " Welcome to California, the land of Friuts and Nuts if you Arn't, you Are."

It wasn't until we hit Hollywood did we really understand what he was talking about.

Grandpa

norseman: Geez, I thought I said NO WISECRACKS about fruits ! (It was a pretty good one, though..)

Javierdude22: [quote author=norseman link=board=meetgreet;num=1050351452;start=12#19 date=04/16/03 at 07:46:50]  Take away the puritanism, recognize our abilities to enjoyably interact sexually with either sex, and RELAX.
(OK, and no wisecracks about fruits.)[/quote]

Ok...uhm i like the oranges/apples story....i had the same thing on the Cali border when i lived there for a while, funny people. Coopl to read some different perspectives on this topic...its good to see what other people think.

I just wanted to say though, that it might not always just be about sex. Ya know...its like this, people come with baggage....friends, family....but also unforgettably they come with an idea of how they want their life to look like eventually. For some that might be an eternal fuckfest, for some perhaps a family.

Its like ive always seen myself as having a wife and kids....ok, dont go yawning on me now, its true. I realize now however that i might not be able to commit myself to a girl totally....cause of 'that' problem. But i have trouble committing myself to a guy simply cause it kinda freaks me out. My body would be fine with it, but just the thought makes my mind go WHAT THE HELL?!?! no way!!......

Basically its like this i guess. I have always, i mean my mind, had these morals about being monogamous, stable, committing....but at the same time my body's going: wheres the party?!....ya know...my mind would rather be with girls, my body perhaps more with guys...i dunno

Oh well....laterz :)

J

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this is a good discussion.

Labels are tough because we are all so different,
what we need, what we are comfortable with.

I agree, it isnt just about sex.
I was (and am) attracted to women sexually, but
I find i am emotionally connected with men.
All the spiritual things you feel inside about
love and a loved one, i feel with men.

I think it is funny.
When i called myself "bi" my straight
and my gay friends always said, "i'm not buying it".

People on both sides of that fence did
not like me sitting on it.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=txqis link=board=meetgreet;num=1050351452;start=12#23 date=04/16/03 at 12:20:33]People on both sides of that fence did
not like me sitting on it.
[/quote]

Exactly my point. People on either side of this proverbial sense are threatened by those who cannot apparently commit to one side or the other exclusively, hence, the fear of threat.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, bisexuals have their own yard and space for sexuality. It's a little less defined and concrete and there very well be a need to listen to each and every eccentricity for the numerous bisexuals out there, but in all honesty, the worst thing someone can do is refuse you the right to voice your feelings and sentiments honestly.

Perhaps it's for that very reason that I don't have too many gay friends (specific problems with them the past few years) or any friends for that matter who demonstrate how judgmental they are -- that they don't bother to get to know me more than my sexuality -- but I can live with it. I decided long ago that for people who think "Bi now, gay later," that they're not worth my time or patience.

Sad conclusion: Is ignorance here to stay? I hope not. I don't mind talking about my sexuality (obviously) and I don't mind answering questions (did it for a psychology of sexual identity class with my bisexual girlfriend at the time).

tott666: We like to know what we're dealing with, sort of...

I think a lot of the resentement of bisexuals might stem from the fact that those of us who aren't sitting on the fence get insecure and worried. We obviously can't be two sexes (unless you're a hermaphrodite) and we might worry that we can't provide what the other one needs.

And we (or at least I, have to admit it...) have been watching too much Rikki Lake where the guests spill it all about being unfaithful with the other sex; the sex their current parent doesn't have, i e.

Bisexuality is sometimes viewed as a "get out of jail free" card by some people. IMO that's plain wrong. You choose a partner of either sex and stay faithful to him/her as long as the relationship lasts! Unless you have an open relationship, basically being close fuck buddies.

Alligator_Jack: my last gf would tell me i could cheat on her as much as i wanted, as long as it was with a guy, i didnt really understand the thinking behind that, thats what i thought you might be getting at tott

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Alligator_Jack link=board=meetgreet;num=1050351452;start=24#27 date=04/16/03 at 15:07:24]my last gf would tell me i could cheat on her as much as i wanted, as long as it was with a guy, i didnt really understand the thinking behind that, thats what i thought you might be getting at tott[/quote]

Because she can't fuck you. Duhh...

I'll agree with Sammy about bisexuality: I'm straight, and I've never had sex with a man, but it's possible, provided we knew each other well enough, and we both agreed to the conditions.

Alligator_Jack: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1050351452;start=24#28 date=04/16/03 at 16:40:03]

Because she can't fuck you. Duhh...

[/quote]

what?

sammygirly: That's a common misconception I'd like to see go away - that bisexual people are of the "cake and eat it too" variety...or in other words, will cheat at the drop of a hat and justify the action with "but I'm bi"

Cheating is cheating - irregardless of your sexual preference and your personal tastes don't make any kind of deception right. I'm not saying a healthy 3-some is a bad thing ~grin~ but consent is the key.

norseman: Well said Sammy,
I think that potential partners when faced with the issue of a bisexual mate suddenly see double the chances to be cheated on or left in the dust, but fidelity is fidelity. A "straight" (whatever that is) partner agreeing to a monogamous relationship should be absolutely the same as a bisexual partner agreeing to a monogamous relationship. Just because we're capable of .....doesn't mean that we hafta have it. Then of course, we can always look !

Javierdude22: Ok...ive been reading up on all you guys posts, and i totally agree with you...

One question comes to mind though, and maybe i should stick to today and not look to far into the future, but this is osmething im worried about for myself:

What do you think your life will look like?

And i mean that relationship wise....will we ever be completely satisfied?

I can be faithful sexually...thats not a biggie...but im kinda worried that neither sex will make me totally happy mentally

Javier

Solis24: It's an interesting question although one that I can't reply to because I'm not keen on drawing a precise portrait of what I would like my future to be like. I just find that any amount of expectations just increases the chance of you turning out to be disappointed in the end so I avoid expectations while still setting myself directions in which i wish to evolve. The only goals I have right now are to do the best i can about myself, to eventually have children and to get a job that will satisfy me. C'est tout.

As for the previous part of the thread, I consider myself to be gay, although I believe that the only fixed aspect of these bloody labels is in our minds. "Once you put a label on something, it becomes an 'it', like it's no longer alive...". I kinda like that quote. In my late teens, after i came out and assumed my sexuality,I used to be awfully turned off at the thought of a naked woman or worse even, at the thought of having sex with a woman. In those times, I twice had the opportunity of having sex with a woman (just needed to reach out and grab) and seriously did not feel like it. Now I feel different. Although my feelings for women now are nowhere strong enough for me to go out there and seek out a woman, I am not turned off my the idea at all anymore and could even picture myself trying it out someday, not having the slightest clue where that might lead me. I might be bi someday, I might fall in love with a woman, who knows. One thing's for sure, if ever I want to have kids, it'll make things a heck of a lot easier! lol

And finally, I think that bisexuality rocks. I just think it's more evolved. The kind where you can potentially be attracted to a man or a woman, basically falling for the human being, regardless of what genitals they have. Tear down the fuckin' fence! Build some roads with paths branching off every inch of the way!! lol

Javierdude22: I can see what you mean Solis, but maybe the question is more relevant to people that are somewhere in the grey area (a.k.a Bi)....

Youre confident about being gay, so then committing yourself mentally and sexually to a guy for you is the only option. You then dont really 'have' to worry about the future...

Its hard to explain but ill try to. The exact problem with me being bi, is the conflict between mind and sex. Both can enjoy each side, but also cant do without each side, making a committment very hard or realistically speaking almost impossible.

ThAts why i think about my future regarding relationships. I totally agree with you on not wanting to pinpoint myself to a set future. I wanna have all options open with regard to every aspect of my life. The relationship thing is different though...cause it can hurt people (my partner...but also my own happiness) along the way....does anyone know what i mean?

Laterz
J

sammygirly: I'll try to answer....

Yes, I am attracted to both sexes but I am in love with a Male at the moment. So, I wouldn't be unfaithful...that's pretty much been covered - but will He satisfy me fully, or can I go the rest of my life without having sex with another woman?

Yes, I think I can and yes I can be satisfied with that. I think it goes back to something I said before on another thread - I am in love with the person, not their sexuality. Making love satisfies me - so irregardless of which gender, while I am in love with the person....I will be satisfied.

Holy did that make any sense or am I rambling as usual??

Solis24: Javier... I'll try to continue my thoughts on this one although I won't be offended if I'm deemed to be talking through my hat, as I'm not bi myself, potentially I guess I am but in the facts I'm still gay.

Am I correct in understanding then that in a relationship with a man, you do not feel fully satisfied because you would need things that only a woman can provide, and vice-versa? I think you were the one who mentioned earlier having a hard time making your mind cope with the fact that you are with another guy. It just might be that once you can accept that your need a and attitude will change and that you in your entirety, mind and soul and body, will be able to accept either. I mean, having a hard time accepting part of one's sexuality is something that gays in denial know about (or eventually know about) and definately something that i can relate to. I used to find it weird and shameful that I would lust for other guys until I finally got over it and accepted that that is what I am, whatever society or members of my family might say...

And you know what? Maybe I'm waaayyyy off track here... Hope this at least helps to stimulate you in your process...

MYDEEPTHROAT: :-* Gay here :-*
LOVE meeting up with Well-Hung Gay/Bi/Straight Guys in the Toronto Area

DEEPTHROAT & TIGHT ASS 24/7

:-* :-* :-*

B_black10inches

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Dee's comments were very interesting as usual. I think for me I'd be afraid of getting too close to any guy emotionally. I'm 19, and straight but a little bent...and very horny.