Straight dudes in jocks?

Conwayy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any straight guys here wear jockstraps? Any particular brand you like? Anyone jock 24/7? Ever had any interesting conversations or embarrassing moments when you raised your arms or bent over and your waistband was seen? What are your experiences wearing jocks, when did you start, and what got you started?

knox96

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wear a jock when I'm being athletic. A lot of guys my age are more into boxerjocks - Under Armour, compression shorts - but I prefer a jock. I just prefer the way it fits and feels, which seems contradictory since I wear boxerbriefs most often. But in a strenuous, athletic environment, I like the support and the way it fits. I just buy whatever, Walmart or department store brands. Nothing fancy. LOL I started in Junior High, and I have worn a jock in lieu of underwear a couple of times but not much. I don't have any interesting stories other than some of the other guys used to give me a little shit for it, because they were all on boxerjocks instead.

benny22

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wear jockstraps as a casual underwear. Not a daily routine, but specially in summer - quite often. I wear bike black and white ones, they're very comfortable, I didn't have any special stories when using them. Maybe someone noticed back waistband once or twice, but I didn't care. Nothing unusual with it.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looong before the days of UnderAmor ,etc. a jockstrap was the only option and was required for gym classes in school.

conwaycollegejock - That picture is exactly what traditional jock straps look like. I didn't know they even sold them any more, as these days I use UnderAmor boxerjocks when doing athletic activities, but not day-to-day.

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They definitely still sell them and - like knox96 - I wear a jockstrap if I'm doing something strenuously athletic. I like the feel of soft cotton and the support it affords. I guess I'd use compression wear if I was an ultra-marathoner, but that's never going to happen!

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Any straight guys here wear jockstraps? Any particular brand you like? Anyone jock 24/7? Ever had any interesting conversations or embarrassing moments when you raised your arms or bent over and your waistband was seen? What are your experiences wearing jocks, when did you start, and what got you started?

I wear a jockstrap for any and every thing I do athletic. Sports practice/ games, workouts, running, swimming, etc. Have for 25 years since I was around 12.
Every conversation, possible embarrassing moment, experiences, etc would require their own thread.
I started as a wrestler in 6th/7th grade. Someone said a jockstrap was our best choice for underwear for practice and under our singlet. My few closest buddies from the team all went with one of our Dad and got our first jockstraps the came back to one of ours house and all tried them on and figured out how to get comfortable in them. My first one was a Duke youth Large but got my first Adult Small a few weeks later.

JockCup7

Expert Member
Media
Started wearing jocks early on in 6th grade, got our first cups and jocks in 7th. Still use jocks on a daily basis for runs, bike rides and workouts. Always wearing a hard cup and jock for baseball and when I'm getting at it with a heavy bag.

Like many guys, I have always jocked up to practice how I jock up to play. Same for baseball practice, or slamming some balls at the batting cage, always a hard cup and jock on. On occasion I will wear compression shorts over my jock and cup set up but it really depends upon my mood.

Jockstrap waistband showing was never a problem for me, I've worn jocks for so long it's just second nature to get in it and get out there and just do what I am doing. I've heard other guys talk of their concerns of whether their waistband showed or not when they weren't wearing a shirt.

I never really got why that bothered some guys. An athlete wears a jock. It is interesting there is a culture of guys who wear their jeans so low that their underwear shows yet have a concern over whether their jockstrap waistband shows. I've never understood that.

BIKE has always been a go-to jock for me. With changes through the years with the company their jockstraps have never been what they once were when they were manufactured in Tennessee. But for the most part they still offer some jocks that hold up fairly well and I keep a couple in my gym bag. McDavid jocks are a runner up in my gym bag and dresser drawer with their recently re-designed 3" waistband white jock with tracer striped waistband. It's a good 'gym jock' for everyday use.

Maybe one day someone at Russel Athletic will get on the ball and re-introduce the BIKE #10 Jock with more cotton fabric, heat resistant elastic & the bicycle wheel logo on the waistband. I'm glad BIKE tossed the Throwback Jocks to us even though they are in a limited quantity. Some of guys still appreciate the look and fit of a masculine cut gym jockstrap.

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... I'm glad BIKE tossed the Throwback Jocks to us even though they are in a limited quantity. Some of guys still appreciate the look and fit of a masculine cut gym jockstrap.

Agree with all your comments, especially re Bike's Vintage Throwback Edition - a classic look and great comfort and support.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I never really got why that bothered some guys. An athlete wears a jock. It is interesting there is a culture of guys who wear their jeans so low that their underwear shows yet have a concern over whether their jockstrap waistband shows. I've never understood that.
that is because they want to get raped by another guy?

Jockman69

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is too bad Bike is now gone and when they brought out the 2" grey waistband jockstrap I wanted more support wishing there was a 3" one. They made it and I bought up as many as I could. They are the best JOCKSTRAP ever. I have several older ones but when BIKE finally got 100 they went out of the jockstrap game...maybe a little too late

Reactions: jockbear