Straight guy; How comfortable are you seeing a friend naked??

Stephenmass and AGO8 said it all above.

Can any of you guys who are uncomfortable being nude in front of others try to explain your feels?

My public school teacher friends tell me that this form of shyness has been common for 20 years or more. They are not sure where it comes from but suspect it may be connected to single parent households.

That's what I believe as well.

Iorek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My buddies own basketball shorts. They don't take them off down to just underwear when I'm around. I don't know about them, but I DO hang around in just my underwear when I'm alone. If I have company I'll throw on light shorts.

If I came over and he were wearing just underwear it would get a "what the fuck" moment. I would give him the arched eyebrow like "you got something you need to say, bro?" and he would laugh and say "Hold on I'll go put on some shorts".

I worked with him and sometimes I'd spend the night at his place playing video games and/or drinking and in the morning we'd strip down to boxers to get changed for work. In that context, there was no awkwardness. We took no special effort to be unseeable, but we did take special effort not to ogle. If we're talking we'd continue glancing at one another, but otherwise very businesslike with the putting on of pants.

If your giant dong was hanging out of your always-gapped boxers I'd be uncomfortable to the max. If you had functional button fly I would be like a 2 on a ten scale. Waiting for something to change.

I'm mostly straight, he's straight (the friend with whom I'm most frequently in some state of undress; known the guy since we were 4 and 5).

Reactions: paperspooner

My buddies own basketball shorts. They don't take them off down to just underwear when I'm around. I don't know about them, but I DO hang around in just my underwear when I'm alone. If I have company I'll throw on light shorts.

If I came over and he were wearing just underwear it would get a "what the fuck" moment. I would give him the arched eyebrow like "you got something you need to say, bro?" and he would laugh and say "Hold on I'll go put on some shorts".

I worked with him and sometimes I'd spend the night at his place playing video games and/or drinking and in the morning we'd strip down to boxers to get changed for work. In that context, there was no awkwardness. We took no special effort to be unseeable, but we did take special effort not to ogle. If we're talking we'd continue glancing at one another, but otherwise very businesslike with the putting on of pants.

If your giant dong was hanging out of your always-gapped boxers I'd be uncomfortable to the max. If you had functional button fly I would be like a 2 on a ten scale. Waiting for something to change.

I'm mostly straight, he's straight (the friend with whom I'm most frequently in some state of undress; known the guy since we were 4 and 5).

You have known him that long and never seen him fully naked, and would be uncomfortable if you did? :confused: I can't think of one buddy I have that I haven't seen fully naked at one time or another, and we are all straight. I took a shower right across from my buddy in the open shower at the gym just a couple of days ago, and he's as straight and homophobic as they come. Seeing your buddy naked is par for the course for my generation (we are both in our mid 40s) and is really a non issue.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After reading through other replies..... I'm in my mid 40s also and totally don't get the homophobic fear of being seen naked in a locker room. Who the fuck cares what's dangling twinxt your legs? I got one, too. BFD.

I see guys all the time wearing their workout shorts into the showers then they get dressed in the shower stall. It's like "Dude! You let me see you naked! That means.....you're gay!"

Whereas the 85 year old geezers flop around all over the locker room and it doesn't even cross their minds to cover up.

Reactions: nicnic and NCbear

After reading through other replies..... I'm in my mid 40s also and totally don't get the homophobic fear of being seen naked in a locker room. Who the fuck cares what's dangling twinxt your legs? I got one, too. BFD.

I see guys all the time wearing their workout shorts into the showers then they get dressed in the shower stall. It's like "Dude! You let me see you naked! That means.....you're gay!"

Whereas the 85 year old geezers flop around all over the locker room and it doesn't even cross their minds to cover up.

The beauty of getting older is that you just don't give a crap what others think anymore. I have always been that way though. I can't understand the modesty thing either. We all have a cock after all, so what is the big deal?

Reactions: NCbear

It is a good bet that many of the “older guys” who don’t care what hangs out were in the military. They (we) quickly learned to discard childhood behaviors about nudity. If you have ever studied Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs, you can understand why a fighting military would rather have its soldiers living like brothers (naked, horny, sharing basic needs and interest) than to have a bunch of shy, isolated, immature fourth graders doing a towel dance.

The idea that someone would rather take a shower in his clothes rather than nude (in an all male environment) demonstrates a significant lack of maturity. This behavior predicts an individual who is not a team player and who will be subject to peer pressure coercion. And in the military this suggests an individual who could be a threat to the team.

This is not to suggest that the military would encourage inappropriate or aggressive sexual behavior. Rather, it recognizes the value of growing beyond such “potty-training” issues that might keep people from working together.

It is a good bet that many of the “older guys” who don’t care what hangs out were in the military. They (we) quickly learned to discard childhood behaviors about nudity. If you have ever studied Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs, you can understand why a fighting military would rather have its soldiers living like brothers (naked, horny, sharing basic needs and interest) than to have a bunch of shy, isolated, immature fourth graders doing a towel dance.

The idea that someone would rather take a shower in his clothes rather than nude (in an all male environment) demonstrates a significant lack of maturity. This behavior predicts an individual who is not a team player and who will be subject to peer pressure coercion. And in the military this suggests an individual who could be a threat to the team.

This is not to suggest that the military would encourage inappropriate or aggressive sexual behavior. Rather, it recognizes the value of growing beyond such “potty-training” issues that might keep people from working together.

Well said levi101! :cool: I too think it is childish, immature and effeminate for men to engage in such modesty antics around their same gender peers in a non sexual environment such as a locker room or shower. Dudes like that need to man up IMO.

Panama67, this sounds like the intro. to a story we would all like to hear. Could you provide details?

PlaygirlLover

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was a kid, I used to be reluctant to be nude with my male relatives (only showering or bathing together). Why? Because they loved to fart in the bathroom like there was no tomorrow. Came to associate nudity with vulgar behavior. (The school boys could really be gross in the shower.) Took a long time to get over this. If the guy I'm with farts like they did, he's out of my life pronto. Pretty much in my underwear most of the time even though I live with my mother. She's used to it since my dad stripped down to his shorts every night regardless of weather. Guess it runs in the family.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Straight guy; How comfortable are you seeing a friend naked??

I am always more comfortable with seeing a friend naked than I am with seeing the same friend clothed. In nakedness one is more likely to find honesty.

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Think it has more to do with being comfortable with yourself. The whole fear/shame thing is really about how you feel about yourself. Nothing wrong with being seen, but if you can't handle it use the stall. I really don't care.