Straight guy; How comfortable are you seeing a friend naked??

MrUnderThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is a good bet that many of the “older guys” who don’t care what hangs out were in the military. They (we) quickly learned to discard childhood behaviors about nudity. If you have ever studied Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs, you can understand why a fighting military would rather have its soldiers living like brothers (naked, horny, sharing basic needs and interest) than to have a bunch of shy, isolated, immature fourth graders doing a towel dance.

The idea that someone would rather take a shower in his clothes rather than nude (in an all male environment) demonstrates a significant lack of maturity. This behavior predicts an individual who is not a team player and who will be subject to peer pressure coercion. And in the military this suggests an individual who could be a threat to the team.

This is not to suggest that the military would encourage inappropriate or aggressive sexual behavior. Rather, it recognizes the value of growing beyond such “potty-training” issues that might keep people from working together.

Thanks, Levi. I really appreciated your take on this. Makes perfect sense.

That being said, though, as far my answer to the question of the thread, I would probably be uncomfortable. I guess it stems from my own insecurity. Because I was always the fat one growing up (and still am), I was always picked on and made fun of. On top of that, I am on the smaller side of average in the equipment area, and still have the stinging in my ears of the guys in Jr. High and High School laughing and making comments as I was in the communal shower. Guess that is where I perfected the towel dance.

In the rare occasions that I am in a locker room, now, I still cover up because of that insecurity. I still try to avoid anyone seeing me because of the fat and my size... and would do the same even if I happened to see a friend in the locker room. I would not be uncomfortable with him being naked in the locker room, because I would be too preoccupied with making sure that I am not put in a situation for potential embarrassment. Call me immature, but for me it is my way of avoiding a repeat of those painful and humiliating experiences.

Even though I love underwear, I never hangout with any of my friends in just underwear or naked. That's just not my style.

Last edited:

I can't think of a situation where I would be "forced" to see a friend naked. Why would I be in a room with someone getting naked?

Don't you use a gym locker room, hot tub/sauna/steam room, and shower after a workout? That is where I have seen all of my buddies naked.

Thanks, Levi. I really appreciated your take on this. Makes perfect sense.

That being said, though, as far my answer to the question of the thread, I would probably be uncomfortable. I guess it stems from my own insecurity. Because I was always the fat one growing up (and still am), I was always picked on and made fun of. On top of that, I am on the smaller side of average in the equipment area, and still have the stinging in my ears of the guys in Jr. High and High School laughing and making comments as I was in the communal shower. Guess that is where I perfected the towel dance.

In the rare occasions that I am in a locker room, now, I still cover up because of that insecurity. I still try to avoid anyone seeing me because of the fat and my size... and would do the same even if I happened to see a friend in the locker room. I would not be uncomfortable with him being naked in the locker room, because I would be too preoccupied with making sure that I am not put in a situation for potential embarrassment. Call me immature, but for me it is my way of avoiding a repeat of those painful and humiliating experiences.

Even though I love underwear, I never hangout with any of my friends in just underwear or naked. That's just not my style.

I can guarantee you that after high school, all of that mocking and humiliation comes to an end. I didn't fit in when I was in high school either because of being overweight, being shorter than other guys, and being an insecure intorvert. Wild horses couldn't have dragged me into the communal shower naked back then, but after high school, I got over it and got naked with the other guys at the gym and haven't looked back. Believe me, it's very liberating. I think that was what drove me to workout hard in university. I went from being overweight to being a jock. I loved having my buddies tell me what a great body I had. It did wonders for my ego, and made me want to show it off at every opportunity I could. I worked damn hard for that body, so there was no way I was going to keep it covered up! Put the past where it belongs, behind you.

XelCEsp

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can't define very well how solid is the "space" between being nude with a friend or another guys (locker rooms, showers,..) and "doing something". But am not uncomfortable with some male tools hanging.

Reactions: malakos

EquusAZ

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't care here. I've been nude many places, and have seen many friends nude. Even the not gay ones. Its only an issue if you make it an issue. Or if they do. Just be comfortable in your own skin. Underneath we're all nude. LOL

big george

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Not a big deal for me to answer the door if I'm in boxers or other work-out shorts.. I do have a door-bell cam that lets me know if there is a stranger at the door. I rarely answer if I don't know the person on the other side. I'm comfortable around most any friend. I'm a swimmer. When in a speedo in a public pool or at the beach, there's not much left to the imagination.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been getting naked with other guys in gym showers since school days. Then military barracks. After that gym sauna's, showers. Also municipal swimming pool change rooms/ showers. Also water park changing rooms and showers. Nude at one time or other. So it's no big deal to be nude with strangers or friends.
If you are a fat person why not drop the weight? It's not healthy for you and could be shortening your life and contributing to ill health. Losing weight is a win win situation. You will also feel better about yourself. If you have to join a weight loss program. Or perhaps a surgical procedure will be beneficial for you.
I knew a guy who had an auto accident that cost his life. He was very obese and it is believed his health contributed to his fatal auto accident.