Straight guy kisses...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by monk83, Jan 22, 2009.

1. monk83

monk83 New Member

I kinda need a few opinions on something.

There is a guy at my work who is very flirtatious with me. I'm not gonna bore you with the whole story, but I will mention that he kisses me gently on the cheek whenever we're leaving each other (usually when we've had a few drinks, but only ever when we're on our own), and recently kissed me on the neck from behind. He once expressed disappointment (when drunk) thatthe day after one of our kisses I always appear to be cold with him. He also calls me babe. He knows I'm into guys - he maintains he is straight and actively pursues girls (he is very hot and frequently gets them). Does this sound a bit weird to you guys?

Cheers

2. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    One of my straight pals does this to me. I swear he is indeed straight and likes the attention he gets from me. He even tells a few friends if he were gay we would have been together by now as a couple. Which kills me because it is like I wouldn't have any say in the matter. It all flatters him ya know. I think he likes the attention and I get that. I once affored him a blow job in the midnight moment years ago. He was like thanks but naw. So I label him a cock tease and try not to let him touch me so much. Sometimes I wish he understood that the tease is hard on me but whatever.

3. B_Lewis1

B_Lewis1 New Member

Well by society terms it is weird. But, in terms of human nature of men possibly being bi-curious its normal. My advice to you is if you like it go with the flow and do not act weirded out when you guys are sober. We all know liquor brings down your inhibitions.
    If you are looking for him to say something flat out such as " I like you & wanna jump your bones" or get him to admit "hey dude, I ve been wanting try guys out for a while" you are probably not going to get that. Most people would rather act things out in a natural progression rather than sit & talk about it, He may make a move or he may not. Just have fun with it. Now if you have feelings for this guy then it wont be easy but, forcing the situation is not the best option either. From where it stands now it seems he is attracted to you but may not be ready to make a full on transition into "being with you".
    I hope I dont sound blunt. lol I think you should start doing the same stuff he does to you back

Hope it works out

4. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find that questionable.
    I don't know him and can't make any legitimate conclusions, but I would extrapolate him to be gay... closeted, but gay.

It's not fair to ask him if he's gay, but just let it run its course.

I'm the sort of ass who'd joke about it to his face, but thats just me.

Good luck.

5. dutchlatino2

dutchlatino2 New Member

Why not leave the whole gay/straight/bisexual thing out? Why not see it as an expression of human affection.

6. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great point

7. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, straight guys who get bi-curious are the hardest to deal with.

Not only are you trying to figure them out, but they're trying to figure themselves out at the same time.

They may do things around you, with you or to you that they wouldn't want anyone else to see. They feel like they can trust you,but at the same time don't want to give into anything that they're not ready for.

I dealt with this guy who was a total tease and it ended up fucking with me seriously. I still think about him alot and he even has been a subject of a couple of my dreams. I hate it but the fact that he's gone back to playing it completely straight doesn't make me feel as bad.

Have you ever seen "Billy's Hollywood On-Screen Kiss?" It's a total look into the life of a guy who deals with a bi-curious guy. The ending is total heartbreak, but I won't ruin it for you.

8. dreamer20

Gold Member

It's double standards time again::cool:

http://www.lpsg.org/28943-girls-kiss-its-ok-guys-2.html

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

it just sounds like his way of expressing affection for you

probably would do it with other (straight) guys, save for the social and cultural prohibitions

knows it's not going to freak you out like it would a straight bud

10. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    some guys are just the kissy type...
    in some families it's no big deal for guys to kiss on the cheek...
    maybe your friend was raised that way & you're reading a little more into it...
    just a thought...

11. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Maybe it would be good to talk to him when you two haven't been wasted. I know that many guys want to be close to another guy but don't have the language or the ability to express it. Give him the opportunity to speak about his feelings without being threatened. It takes a lot of trust for guys to care for one another. I think you're both lucky to get to the point where you can be affectionate with each other.

12. AZZAWA

AZZAWA Member

Guys kissing each other on the cheek is not so weird and is socially accepted in my circle. However coming up behind anyone (gay straight, men, women, etc) and kissing them on the neck is a bit crossing the line into the sensual arena.

13. PECTACULAR

PECTACULAR New Member

Albums:
    what the hell, isn't it just nice to be liked. I take attention and affection from almost any where and never question it... he likes you... so what?

14. D_skeaflea

D_skeaflea New Member

I've had some straight guys flat-out admit to me that they find it flattering when a gay/bi guy expresses interest in them. If his flirting/getting touchy-feely with you is seriously bothering you, tell him.

15. hungcook

hungcook New Member

Albums:
    My ex wifes uncle was just like this if we would go visit he would great us with a kiss on each cheek and also the same when leaving. I got told after the fact it was just the italian way of greeting and the uncle was mostly italian so he was going back to his roots. the neck thing has me confused though. good luck on the situation

16. yayme

yayme New Member

The kissing may be a sign of affection, but a supposedly straight guy calling you "babe" should be a red flag.

17. monk83

monk83 New Member

Cheers for the input guys.

I shold have mentioned that he has acknowledged to me that he doesn't behave this way with other guys, just me. And he has also kissed me on the mouth a few times.

Draft saved Draft deleted