Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm str8 and I also say bullshit. I might not admit it if asked by one of my buds, but we all know and probably pick and choose many of our buds based on looks and other commonalities. In the gym those of us that workout constantly seem to make friends with each other. Only rarely do I speak to others more than 5 years younger or older and the reverse also seems true. All my workout buds overall appear as carbon copies of one another except perhaps in the facial and hair departments. And that's only one example.

Bottlebrush

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That said, why is it always the men who identify as bi or gay who get so bent out of shape if a straight friend or co-worker can't or won't identify a handsome man? Me thinks the insecurity lies with the one asking the question, and not the other way around. Afterall, they are just looking for validation that their opinion of a hot guy is okay.

I may not agree with you, but an astute observation none the less :wink: I suppose it stems not so much from a need to validate my being able to recognize a man as attractive so much as a need to find validation for a definition of heterosexuality that isn't so narrow. If we're to start calling into question the 'straightness' of every man who's ever agreed with his girlfriend that George Clooney is above-average looking then doesn't that reduce the number of 'real' straight men to such a small minority that they can no longer be seen as representative?

Note to Mynameisnobody: George Clooney is an actor in motion pictures (like photographs but moving, usually for the purposes of entertainment) that many women, but by no means all (because that would impose social stereotypes and disregard individuality), consider attractive.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Straight Guy says "I have a ton of single friends, I should hook you up."
Girl says "Are they good looking?"
Straight Guy says "How would I know? They're dudes. I don't notice that shit."

Am I the only one calling bullshit on this? It isn't about sexual attraction. It's simple aesthetics. We've all spent our lives being bombarded from every direction with images of what our society deems attractive. How can so many of my fellow straight men claim not to have noticed? Why are they unable to acknowledge that Brad Pitt is better looking than Seth Rogan, or that Randy Orton has a better body than Paul Giamatti? Do they genuinely not see the difference?

But then there are women who may find Seth Rogan and Paul Giamatti hot. Not every woman loves the buff men and supermodelesque guys.

Or are they just scared that their heterosexuality will be called into question? I'm not for one moment suggesting that they're suppressing an urge to giggle like school girls at the sight of a shirtless Eric Bana, but the admission that "Yeah, I get it", would be bloody refreshing.

Well, I wouldn't know what people liked in potential date as far as looks are concerned. So, I think that the straight guy could've done is make a mug shot book of his straight male friends and allow the girl to pick the guy she likes. But doing that...the straight guy would also have to know what kind of girl his dudes are into.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm str8 and I also say bullshit. I might not admit it if asked by one of my buds, but we all know and probably pick and choose many of our buds based on looks and other commonalities. In the gym those of us that workout constantly seem to make friends with each other. Only rarely do I speak to others more than 5 years younger or older and the reverse also seems true. All my workout buds overall appear as carbon copies of one another except perhaps in the facial and hair departments. And that's only one example.

Yup. Just like CUBE said >>
straight guys act like they don't know about looks yet they tend to group on the same handsomeness

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

That's really sad. You are missing out on so many wonderful people.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I may not agree with you, but an astute observation none the less :wink: I suppose it stems not so much from a need to validate my being able to recognize a man as attractive so much as a need to find validation for a definition of heterosexuality that isn't so narrow. If we're to start calling into question the 'straightness' of every man who's ever agreed with his girlfriend that George Clooney is above-average looking then doesn't that reduce the number of 'real' straight men to such a small minority that they can no longer be seen as representative?
Why would you need a less narrow definition of heterosexuality? Sounds to me like what you need is to become more comfortable with the defintion of bisexuality. I notice nobody wants to change or alter the definition of homosexuality. :irked::rolleyes:

Note to Mynameisnobody: George Clooney is an actor in motion pictures (like photographs but moving, usually for the purposes of entertainment) that many women, but by no means all (because that would impose social stereotypes and disregard individuality), consider attractive.[/QUOTE]
Now that is funny :lmao:

Here is how you tell if a man is 100% straight:
straight girl: "Bobby darling you know I love you, but I think George Clooney is dreamy."
straight boy: "pfftt! He's queer."
straight girl: "He is not!" said while pouting
straight boy: "He's never been married and he keeps making those Oceans whatever movies with a bunch of dudes. He is gay."
straight girl: I hate you. :angryfire2:

Notice the straight man never says George Clooney is attractive. He just says that any man she likes is gay no matter who it is. That is straight man for "that dude is better looking than me." I must make him unattractive to my woman.

Last edited: