Straight guys and gay behavior

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by heavy-chevy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. heavy-chevy

heavy-chevy Member

Albums:
    We've all heard about the kinds of initiation and hazing rituals that take place in many frat houses, as well as several school locker rooms. And that got me thinking... these football and frat dudes try to portray themselves as being totally straight and macho but they engage in these very homosexual rituals? To me that seems counter-productive to the image those guys are trying to convey. We never had anything like that during my school years because we didn't have working showers so I never saw my classmates naked. Would anyone care to share their theories on this matter?

2. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

i do think it's interesting how some gay guys get hit on by "str8" guys without the gay guy not initiating anything. Well at least that is my case and it's very confusing especially when at times you confront the dude and he starts to freak out and denies everything when before it was so obvious.

I think the whole locker room thing has a bit of a homoerotic allure but I will say that most of it is simply guys messing around and in the end, it doesn't mean anything. For some it might but not for all. That's my two cents.

3. Corius

Corius New Member

heavy-chevy, It would be easier to reply to your inquiry if we knew something about you. Your profile doesn't provide much (hint). But, to reply to what I think you are getting at I would say that the best kind of approach would not be overtly sexual. We all have eyes to see and our minds and bodies tell us about our reactions to what we see. However, I have found that treating every fellow as a potential friend is safest. Some friendship relationships never include any sex at all. But when a friendship becomes something more than a friendship there seems to be a chemistry that draws these friends toward the time when sex becomes the natural and right way of sealing the bond that has come to exist between them. Such sex is fantastic and in my experience only gets better with each repeat. In my case two fifteen year olds who never thought of themselves as anything other than regular guys discovered together a side of their sexuality that they had never considered before. The sex ended when we graduated, but the friendship continues.

Draft saved Draft deleted