Straight Guys and Gay Guys

D_Askham Gooseneck

Account Disabled
Media
Hey everybody,

This thread is kind of pointed at straight guys and gay guys, as the title suggests, I know Duh. There is a group here and on Yahoo about the relationships between straight guys and gay guys and if in a relationship if the gay guy should be subservient to the straight guy. Now, I had never really thought about this, but my bestest buddy is a straight. Yes A Straight, like he's the only one. In our relationship, he totally holds all the power. I do find him sexually attractive, and he knows that so I know he'll do stuff to mess with me. He's not used to this, because normally in a situation with him and a girl, she holds the power. I know that he really gets a kick out of this. I was just wondering if any other gay guys have straight friends like mine that sort of relish having the upper hand or straight guys who have a gay friend like me, who they kind of lord over, maybe not the best term. I welcome all thoughts on this. There may be a thread already started exploring the gay male straight male relationship, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
Thanks all!!

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, I don't have a str8 friend like that at the moment but I wish I did. I love the theatre inherent in "role play" and also the situation you describe. Any hot str8 guys in the Dallas area who want to be worshipped and put on the pedestal for a change (plus get blow jobs LOL), let me know!

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a very straight friend (a tireless womanizer, in fact) whom I met before he knew that I'm gay. It didn't faze him when, in answer to his question one day about "my lady's" name, I replied with my partner's name. In fact, we became even closer friends, visiting back and forth and exchanging phone calls nearly every day. He's quite aware that I find him sexually attractive, but also that I'll not put him in an awkward situation. No sex; no dominance, no subservience. Merely a great friendship of equals.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is a group here and on Yahoo about the relationships between straight guys and gay guys and if in a relationship if the gay guy should be subservient to the straight guy.

I always thought it should be the other way around. Most gay guys (and women) I know are fairly strongly opinionated, sometimes to the point of being bitchy. Straight guys, on the other hand, tend to be more laid-back, good-natured, and eager to please. They just don't care that strongly about stuff, whether it's what movie to see or where to go to lunch. They just want to hang out and have a good time, so they'll go along with what their girl wants. Without a girl present, they'll yield to the most dominant personality, which is usually the gay guy, if there's a gay guy present.

When I lived with straight guys, there's no doubt that I was the Queen Bee of the household, and those boys were my happy little workers. They mowed the lawn for me, raked leaves, and did other yardwork. I even got one guy to build me a deck. I cleaned the house, because they were too stupid to know how to use a broom, let alone a vacuum cleaner.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I don't know that I am comfortable with the idea of one friend being "subservient" to another ... I think true friendships should be more egalitarian.

That said ... it can be a real kick for a straight guy to have a gay friend who doesn't hesitate to sing his praises. Given that women don't often communicate attraction nearly so straightforwardly, I think many of us can appreciate gay men's openness about who they find attractive (and the resulting ego-strokes).

Steve

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel I have always been on an level playing field with all my friends gay and straight. Friendship for me starts with a foundation of common bonds interest, trust and respect. If I'm understanding what you are describing is someone who like to play power trip games. I know people like that but they are not my friends.

D_Askham Gooseneck

Account Disabled
Media
Sorry. Subservient was the wrong term, there's a group about that and that's made me think of the term. What I meant was in a male/female platonic relationship, and I know they exist, if both parties are attractive, even if they're not, there is a power structure. In those types of relationships the female normally has the power because when it comes to sex the female normally has the upper hand. In some str8/gay male relationships the shoe is on the foot. Like my friend will show me his chest and stomach when he's shaved recently or pull his pants down a little to show his trimmed pubes just to mess with me, and I think he likes being the one to do that and not the one it's being done to.

D_Askham Gooseneck

Account Disabled
Media
I don't know that I am comfortable with the idea of one friend being "subservient" to another ... I think true friendships should be more egalitarian.

That said ... it can be a real kick for a straight guy to have a gay friend who doesn't hesitate to sing his praises. Given that women don't often communicate attraction nearly so straightforwardly, I think many of us can appreciate gay men's openness about who they find attractive (and the resulting ego-strokes).

Steve

If we were buddies in real life I'd be stroking your ego all the time. I didn't even mean that as a metaphor for anything. :)