Straight guys checking in...

Phallostrates: [quote author=RealityChecker link=board=meetgreet;num=1080030404;start=0#16 date=03/29/04 at 23:19:03]

But the incredibly not-so-funny, downright peculiar thing is... I swear, I read you and I hear DMW's voice.[/quote]

I really don't see the resemblance. ;D But hey, that's okay. As long as no one thinks I'm an alternate identity for tigerwolf I won't put up a fuss!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Fairly common to accuse someone of faking an ID. Although I did once know a guy from AOL who kept some 400 IDs. Usually he posed as a celebrity and said "bord [sic] what do you think of" her before he invented that ID. And they all misspelled board the same way. Oh, and he had lots to say about 'fagets'. LOL *sigh* I'm glad I don't live in the 9th circle of AOhell.

RealityChecker: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1080030404;start=0#19 date=03/30/04 at 13:36:08]...if I have an opinion, I will voice it even if I'm howling alone. If someone else shares that opinion, that doesn't mean that 'someone' is me under an assumed name.[/quote]

Of course not. People can agree on something. But I have read your posts... and come to think of it, I've read Phallo's and that Dantesco guy's stuff too, and it all sounds penned by the same person. It's not just agreement, though it's good to note that these three individuals haven't disagreed on anything they have all participated in. It's just strangely eerie that you all have the same writing stylistics and inflection patterns in your work.

It's fine if you don't believe me. But I would challenge any who's curious to take a good long look at your histories of posts. Check DMW's, check Phallo's, and then this Dantesco's stuff. Read 'em for content and for stylistics. Unless you all are THAT much in sync with one another, it's suspicious... and hey, I'm not afraid tosay it.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, I have an MA in Literature and am experienced in textual analysis. I never noticed a similarity because I was never looking for it, but now that you have brought it up, I do notice some stylistic similarities in our posts. However, there are more points of divergence than there are matches. Differences of choice of vocabulary items and grammatical constructions are apparent. Dante's tendency to skip apostrophes is something I couldn't bring myself to do. Dimitri uses terms which I don't tink I've ever uttered in my life. By textual analytical criteria, my posts have closer matches with benderten's and DeeBlackthorne's (though I would never use the word 'irregardless' as Dee is sometimes wont to do). I consider both Dante and Dimitri to be friends, but I don't want to be them. But you have the right to harbour your suspicions. Believe what you will; it has no bearing on the truth of the matter.

OneHungGun: This post is SO Off Topic - ROFL

Anyway - I'm not ashamed to say that I am a 30 year old gay man and I have quite an opinion on men discussing the penis, in length (muah ha ha ha)

I find straight men who are deeply involved in discussing the male organ to be quite an enigma. I have my own beliefs about it which I shall keep to myself because it can be controversial. I will say this though - there are some "straight" men here that talk more about dick all day than I do in a week. I see many paralells in some of these men in comparison to the time I was realizing the true nature of my sexuality. I'm not here to judge because I cannot dictate to anyone what their sexuality means to them.

That said - Im glad this is an outlet for many men who are fascinated with owning a large penis and seeing other large penises and discussing dicks. In the "real" world a straight man would be hard pressed to find a "buddy" he could talk "dick" shop to and not feeling the conversation to be "queer" - in both senses of the word.

Keeping sexuality at bay while discussing our big dicks is really the best move. It's almost mute to think "yeah, I wanna talk big dicks!" and not expect the gay population to partake in the festivities - although I bet a fear of association in a man questioning his own sexuality would bring out this type of defensiveness.

And DoubleMeatWhopper - I think you do a great job as Mod. Keep up the good work!